Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:02 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:57 pm
My sources tell me that Vieira is starting.

If Vieira really is in the first eleven for this game, then it’s over before it’s begun. :(

Self harming like his mentor arsene :barscarf: :barscarf:

I know Augie. After the way we’ve performed this season, I don’t want to make knee jerk judgements about Arteta and feel the way I did a year ago, but fuck me, it’s becoming difficult to stop the urge.

His Xhaka obsession has always been a huge question mark for me, but if he genuinely thinks that Vieira is any sort of answer, then I can’t have any faith in the guy’s acumen and decision making.

Xhaka and Vieira, fucking hell.

:banghead: :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:18 pm
augie wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

If Vieira really is in the first eleven for this game, then it’s over before it’s begun. :(

I know Augie. After the way we’ve performed this season, I don’t want to make knee jerk judgements about Arteta and feel the way I did a year ago, but fuck me, it’s becoming difficult to stop the urge.

His Xhaka obsession has always been a huge question mark for me, but if he genuinely thinks that Vieira is any sort of answer, then I can’t have any faith in the guy’s acumen and decision making.

Hugely similar to his mentor and not the baldy one he faces tonight :cry: Fans saying Vieira is powderpuff and shite..fuck them says Mikel..Fans say Xhaka is an axewound and a fucking liability..fuck them says Mikel..Just like his fartpipe of a mentor would do..

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:39 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:40 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 am
We’ve already blown it against West Ham and Southampton. Total waste of a season.
Harsh, its painful to see us getting caught in this way but we are still 1st. If I had come into this forum on the 1st of September and said we would be top in the last week of April, I would have been laughed out of town.

Up to the owners now, to show the ambition to plug the squad gaps that have been exposed in the last few weeks.

Hold on now, and I aint standing up for kroenke's cos I hate the c.unts, but dont put this collapse on them - they have backed arteta more than any manager has been in AFC for decades. They are not the one's on the pitch losing their balls and hiding. You talk about squad gaps being exposed, but who or where ? Yes Saliba is a massive loss, but after that is there another squad gap ? Jesus, odeargod, zinchenko and vieira are players brought in by this manager within the past 12 months, and they are the one's (along with xhaka of course) that have capitulated the most in the last few weeks. Is arteta going to buy to replace those players ? No chance. You might argue that a lot of his first choice players are tired, but then I'll ask why hasnt he rested them ? He has players on the bench to cover all the above named players, but he doesnt seem to rate smith-rowe and tierney and nelson, and why he bought jorginho I dont know cos after starting with us well, now he gets fcuk all game time despite the shitiness of partey, xhaka and odeargod and vieira :roll:
With the exception of saliba we have a fully fit first 11 available for last few weeks, so I would suggest that squad depth isnt the issue - imo you either blame the lack of belief arteta has in the substitutes, or you point the finger at the starters he bought who are not at the required level. Blaming the owners for this collapse is like something the manure fans would do
Cant even read this let alone reply to it. You would hate us to win the league. Sorry.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:55 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:18 pm
augie wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Hugely similar to his mentor and not the baldy one he faces tonight :cry: Fans saying Vieira is powderpuff and shite..fuck them says Mikel..Fans say Xhaka is an axewound and a fucking liability..fuck them says Mikel..Just like his fartpipe of a mentor would do..
I’ve been saying it since Arteta first arrived Falkirk, that “le fartpipe” :D is coaching him behind the scenes. As you say, he shares the same stubborn and arrogant character and if it’s not a result of the French clown advising him, then it’s even more worrying, because it means he’s naturally just the same. Happy days. :(

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:31 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:25 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:16 pm
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:12 pm
Well here it is, I will be knocking in my new cricket bat while I watch this, if we do start losing I can drown out the noise with the mallet.

If we get stuffed the bats having it hard :lol:

Anyhow I think we will win 3-2 :barscarf:
:lol: Does that still have to be done? The ol' ball on a stick.
Haha yes even on a 350 pound bat that I paid extra for knocking in service (ooh matron :shock: ) plus protective covers on face and edges, about four hours then nets with an old ball.

Literally a ball ache :lol:

Tell us Lefty, is it true that you take particular care to knock in the edges of your bats?

:lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

I will do that in game mate :lol:

Tbf though the edges and toe are what needs most knocking in as they are first to crack if not done lol

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:10 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:12 pm
Well here it is, I will be knocking in my new cricket bat while I watch this, if we do start losing I can drown out the noise with the mallet.

If we get stuffed the bats having it hard :lol:

Anyhow I think we will win 3-2 :barscarf:
Haha yes even on a 350 pound bat that I paid extra for knocking in service (ooh matron :shock: ) plus protective covers on face and edges, about four hours then nets with an old ball.

Tell us Lefty, is it true that you take particular care to knock in the edges of your bats?

Tbf though the edges and toe are what needs most knocking in as they are first to crack if not done lol

I never played much cricket. I could bowl a bit, but to be a good batsman needs more than useful hand / eye coordination and you need to be properly coached...in my far from expert opinion of course.

I once worked with a guy who was a very good cricketer and he gave me some batting coaching a number of times in the nets. We both felt that I was coming on quite well and I payed a few times for a team and decided to invest in a decent bat...a kookaburra. I did all the knocking in bit, but it was a complete waste of time, because I hardly ever laid that bat on a delivery in an actual match! :lol:

Got disenchanted, gave up cricket and sold the (nearly new!) bat to another bloke I worked with. :lol:

I think Bethnal Green boys are more cut out for football than cricket!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

First tactical instruction for tonight has to be to tell Ramsdale to just launch anything played back to him!
We’ll be under enough pressure as it is, without him gifting them chances.
Dare I mention ‘Anfield 89’? Could be one of those nights. Oh okay, I’m dreaming. 3-0 Citeh.
Just have to disappear in a Guinness infused haze of ‘what might have been’.
It’s been a blast for most of the season.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And just to add (Nottttt!) To our chances of getting anything from tonight TOF has been giving interviews (shown as a short on YT) ... in one he said that Arteta 'sold a fighter' - He doesn't name the player, but apparently it was a defender - One of the Dross that TOF signed on stupid wages and Arteta got shot of asap!.

Will WengerCunt just shut the fuck up FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:00 pm
And just to add (Nottttt!) To our chances of getting anything from tonight TOF has been giving interviews (shown as a short on YT) ... in one he said that Arteta 'sold a fighter' - He doesn't name the player, but apparently it was a defender - One of the Dross that TOF signed on stupid wages and Arteta got shot of asap!.

Will WengerCunt just shut the fuck up FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

His fucking toxic ghost still haunts the place. Whenever his skinny arse appears in the media, he should be reminded how he took us from the Invincibles to a clown club. Wanker.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:37 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I never played much cricket. I could bowl a bit, but to be a good batsman needs more than useful hand / eye coordination and you need to be properly coached...in my far from expert opinion of course.

I once worked with a guy who was a very good cricketer and he gave me some batting coaching a number of times in the nets. We both felt that I was coming on quite well and I payed a few times for a team and decided to invest in a decent bat...a kookaburra. I did all the knocking in bit, but it was a complete waste of time, because I hardly ever laid that bat on a delivery in an actual match! :lol:

Got disenchanted, gave up cricket and sold the (nearly new!) bat to another bloke I worked with. :lol:

Yeah I was coached by my local town team, my Dad played a lot and although he died when I was in my mid twenties I got to open the batting with him in several teams, I've still got his grey nichols bat, the rubber grip has long since rotted but I I have it on a wall in my man cave 8)

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:59 pm
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
We’ve already blown it against West Ham and Southampton. Total waste of a season.
Harsh, its painful to see us getting caught in this way but we are still 1st. If I had come into this forum on the 1st of September and said we would be top in the last week of April, I would have been laughed out of town.

Up to the owners now, to show the ambition to plug the squad gaps that have been exposed in the last few weeks.

Hold on now, and I aint standing up for kroenke's cos I hate the c.unts, but dont put this collapse on them - they have backed arteta more than any manager has been in AFC for decades. They are not the one's on the pitch losing their balls and hiding. You talk about squad gaps being exposed, but who or where ? Yes Saliba is a massive loss, but after that is there another squad gap ? Jesus, odeargod, zinchenko and vieira are players brought in by this manager within the past 12 months, and they are the one's (along with xhaka of course) that have capitulated the most in the last few weeks. Is arteta going to buy to replace those players ? No chance. You might argue that a lot of his first choice players are tired, but then I'll ask why hasnt he rested them ? He has players on the bench to cover all the above named players, but he doesnt seem to rate smith-rowe and tierney and nelson, and why he bought jorginho I dont know cos after starting with us well, now he gets fcuk all game time despite the shitiness of partey, xhaka and odeargod and vieira :roll:
With the exception of saliba we have a fully fit first 11 available for last few weeks, so I would suggest that squad depth isnt the issue - imo you either blame the lack of belief arteta has in the substitutes, or you point the finger at the starters he bought who are not at the required level. Blaming the owners for this collapse is like something the manure fans would do
Cant even read this let alone reply to it. You would hate us to win the league. Sorry.
He just can't wait to be what he considers right.
Must be strange to watch an "Arsenal fan" exuding sheet delight and self justification, if we lose tonight, he will be in keyboard heaven for the remainder of the season!
Absolutely fucking pathetic, shameful and disgraceful!

LeftfootlegendGooner

goonersid wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:24 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:59 pm
augie wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

He just can't wait to be what he considers right.
Must be strange to watch an "Arsenal fan" exuding sheet delight and self justification, if we lose tonight, he will be in keyboard heaven for the remainder of the season!
Absolutely fucking pathetic, shameful and disgraceful!
You knew he was coming back though, I called it a couple of weeks ago, he'd rather us lose, just fuckin strange.

And he says wenger and Arteta have huge egos, none as big as his :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yeah I was coached by my local town team, my Dad played a lot and although he died when I was in my mid twenties I got to open the batting with him in several teams, I've still got his grey nichols bat, the rubber grip has long since rotted but I I have it on a wall in my man cave 8)
Nice. Good memories too. I remember Gray Nicolls bats very well. My ex brother in law, quite a lot older than me, was a seriously good all-rounder and he had a Gray Nicolls. I often wish I'd got properly involved in cricket, because its a lovely game and very sociable. You can also carry on at a good level for far longer than you can with football.

I did play quite a lot of tennis, which is a cracking game, until a disc in the lumber region added to my back issues, but I don't say much about tennis on this forum! :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:31 pm
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Nice. Good memories too. I remember Gray Nicolls bats very well. My ex brother in law, quite a lot older than me, was a seriously good all-rounder and he had a Gray Nicolls. I often wish I'd got properly involved in cricket, because its a lovely game and very sociable. You can also carry on at a good level for far longer than you can with football.

I did play quite a lot of tennis, which is a cracking game, until a disc in the lumber region added to my back issues, but I don't say much about tennis on this forum! :lol:
:shock: :lol:

Damn, you've said too much :lol:

I'm not going to admit I've played tennis on here :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The score will be a cricket score.