Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:41 am
Only Arsenal can look like title winners and then 8 games later look like they have actually regressed season on season. The capitulation here is unprecedented. The fact Arteta is giving the squad a pass on this is so so concerning. What the actual fuck has happened?? It is a disgrace and all people can talk about is how well we started. I’d go as far as to say I would prefer we had started poorly and then finished like a train to nab fourth. We’d at least be carrying some momentum into next season.
It is without doubt - and the stats prove it - a worse collapse than under the previous managers. That golden bottle you mentioned is already at the engravers !!

He has to go. Awful watching spineless cowards that would make Wenger's Calendar Year Champions of 2013 blush

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The most demoralising thing is even if we hadn’t shit our undies and continued to play as well as we were before the collapse we still wouldn’t have won it, that’s how far ahead city are of the rest. It all feels so hopeless, shit the bed don’t win it, play well don’t win it, nobody can touch them.

Because of their superior goal difference and the fact we lost up there (inevitable losing to them every game these days :roll: ) I think you’re looking at us needing to win 13 out of the last 14 to pip them.

Not a fucking hope of us going on that kind of run even when we were flying, our best run was 7 wins on the spin.

No team in this league bar them are capable of rattling off that amount of wins, they’ll be 12 on the bounce after they dispatch the hapless chavs today. This league is completely fucked.

Liverpool were the only team capable of matching them blow for blow for a couple of seasons and even that took Mane and Salah up top battling it out for the golden boot with 25 league goals each. They got to 97 fucking points and it still wasn’t enough.

Next season will be a complete procession for city, any potential challenger out there has way too much ground to make up over just one summer and no doubt city after pissing the treble this year will go out and add even more quality to their squad.

It will be all over by February next year and with all of Europe’s traditional heavyweights in decline they’ll piss all over the champions league again. Back to back trebles…what odds I wonder?

Not alone is the future bleak, it will be boring as fuck.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 8:38 am
I can't believe anyone truly believes that this whole legally unenforceable FFP shite is going to come to the rescue! Stick to playing dungeons and dragons, or watching Marvel films if you really want your fix of fantasy land!

Never ever ever going to happen !!

Would any self respecting supporter WANT to win it by premier league taking it from city that way ?? We would have it forever thrown in our face that we couldnt win it on the pitch and had an Arsenal supporting barrister win it for us instead - fcuk that :oops: :oops: :oops:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Arteta talking about his boys now needing time to heal, like they are returning from the front lines. If that were really the case, they would be put up against a wall and shot for cowardice.Desertion even.......

I wonder if he even knows we have another game, the whole lot of them must be so shell shocked......it must be like stun grenades have been thrown into their changing room. This has been a collapse of indescribable magnitude........they'll be talking about this for decades. Actually most people will likely be laughing about it for decades.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 12:10 pm
Arteta talking about his boys now needing time to heal, like they are returning from the front lines. If that were really the case, they would be put up against a wall and shot for cowardice.Desertion even.......

I wonder if he even knows we have another game, the whole lot of them must be so shell shocked......it must be like stun grenades have been thrown into their changing room. This has been a collapse of indescribable magnitude........they'll be talking about this for decades. Actually most people will likely be laughing about it for decades.
This collapse will hang over the club until we win a title. If we get even a sniff of a title this collapse will hang round the squad like a noose. The pressure this has brought for future sides is totally unacceptable. People have no idea how much this will affect us. We are a joke. It might not feel like it now but by next season you won’t be able to hear about Arsenal without “bottle” or “choke” or “collapse” in the same sentence. Those who are looking overall that we finished 2nd do not get it. This will be talked about for ever. There is no bigger collapse in Premier League history.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

xisstential wrote:

DDDLWWLL :cry:
Played 8 Pts 9 Gf 13 Ga 16 :shock:
Absolutely fucking horrendous when you look at it :cry: I think next season when the clocks go forward we should wear brown shorts :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 12:42 pm
xisstential wrote:

DDDLWWLL :cry:
Played 8 Pts 9 Gf 13 Ga 16 :shock:
Absolutely fucking horrendous when you look at it :cry: I think next season when the clocks go forward we should wear brown shorts :cry:
Based on every team's last 5 games, we are 13th in the form table behind Wolves, Bournemouth, Palace, Fulham and Forest

The narrative that this has been a heroic 2nd place and anybody who dares to challenge that is some sort of ungrateful moron, isn't true. This has been the most pitiful collapse i can ever remember from a supposed title contender. Relegation form