ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
fivetothree

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by fivetothree »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:10 pm
🚨 Bukayo Saka has signed new contract to keep him at Arsenal until 2027. Deal for 21yo England int’l 4 years; no option to extend. Worth ~£15m per season. Strong interest from other clubs but only ever wanted to stay + win honours with #AFC @TheAthleticFC
Great news. We just need Saliba now...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:22 pm
Jesus ,harsh lads , I think he is burnt out as Arteta never rotates , he hasnt had a break for three years. He didn't hide for the pen against West Ham , he didnt hide for the first one for us after the England miss either which he also stepped up for.

I know you're all angry for our poor last 8 months but theres other players to target before him.

He's clearly showed a lot of character already at such a young age , a 'hider' is the last thing I'd call him.
While I agree he has been terrible for the last two months, I don't blame Saka. I blame Arteta for over playing him. Not every young player is a TA6. Saka was showing signs of burnout a couple months ago, and Arteta should have rested him.

I'm just hoping the huge pay rise doesn't ruin him like it did Ozil and Boomerang. :|

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Is Evan Ferguson worth a punt?

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Jesus ,harsh lads , I think he is burnt out as Arteta never rotates , he hasnt had a break for three years. He didn't hide for the pen against West Ham , he didnt hide for the first one for us after the England miss either which he also stepped up for.

I know you're all angry for our poor last 8 months but theres other players to target before him.

He's clearly showed a lot of character already at such a young age , a 'hider' is the last thing I'd call him.

As Rodders said, if he was getting on the ball and it wasnt happening for him you could argue fatigue, but the reality is that he hasnt wanted the ball and has basically hid and taken himself out of the games

fivetothree

Post by fivetothree »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:51 pm
gooner265 wrote:

While I agree he has been terrible for the last two months, I don't blame Saka. I blame Arteta for over playing him. Not every young player is a TA6. Saka was showing signs of burnout a couple months ago, and Arteta should have rested him.

I'm just hoping the huge pay rise doesn't ruin him like it did Ozil and Boomerang. :|
If only we had the squad eh... someone smart here was saying that 😂

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You can’t come on here and slate everyone form the tea lady to the kit man (and everyone else in between) for collectively soiling their undies at the first sign of trouble and then at the same time give a free pass to our best (and now highest paid) player who disappeared off the face of the earth 2 months ago.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:32 pm
You can’t come on here and slate everyone form the tea lady to the kit man (and everyone else in between) for collectively soiling their undies at the first sign of trouble and then at the same time give a free pass to our best (and now highest paid) player who disappeared off the face of the earth 2 months ago.
Not sure if that's addressed to me or not. But yeah I can. He's a young player and has been thrown into the deep end at both club and interlull level. Not every player has that required inner strength to keep playing at the top level. That's where a good manager comes in. He knows when to push players and he knows when to rest players.

To be honest I'm not giving Saka a full pass. It's a mix of him being overplayed and him maybe not being as consistently good as we'd like him to be. And there's not much anyine can do if thats the case. The same with most of our better players. But ultimately the responsibility for those individual players being on the pitch is down to the manager.

I'd also be interested to see where I've slated "everyone". I've praised players when they deserve it and criticised them when they deserve it too. Compared to a good few regulars on here I've not completely lost my shit over us bottling the league. I half expected it tbh.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:27 am
rodders999 wrote:
Not sure if that's addressed to me or not. But yeah I can. He's a young player and has been thrown into the deep end at both club and interlull level. Not every player has that required inner strength to keep playing at the top level. That's where a good manager comes in. He knows when to push players and he knows when to rest players.

To be honest I'm not giving Saka a full pass. It's a mix of him being overplayed and him maybe not being as consistently good as we'd like him to be. And there's not much anyine can do if thats the case. The same with most of our better players. But ultimately the responsibility for those individual players being on the pitch is down to the manager.

I'd also be interested to see where I've slated "everyone". I've praised players when they deserve it and criticised them when they deserve it too. Compared to a good few regulars on here I've not completely lost my shit over us bottling the league. I half expected it tbh.

You can have your allegiance questioned by some c.unts on here over statements like that :lol: :lol:

Doubt if rodders was digging you out btw - he likes sucking your cock too much :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:27 am
rodders999 wrote:

You can have your allegiance questioned by some c.unts on here over statements like that :lol: :lol:

Doubt if rodders was digging you out btw - he likes sucking your cock too much :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

And he's pretty damned good at it in fairness! :D :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Premier League has confirmed dates for the Summer 2023 and Winter 2024 transfer windows:

Summer 2023 Transfer Window: Wednesday 14 June - Friday 1 September 2023, 11pm.

Winter 2024 Transfer Window: Monday 1 January – Thursday 1 February 2024, 11pm.

:barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:14 am
The Premier League has confirmed dates for the Summer 2023 and Winter 2024 transfer windows:

Summer 2023 Transfer Window: Wednesday 14 June - Friday 1 September 2023, 11pm.

Winter 2024 Transfer Window: Monday 1 January – Thursday 1 February 2024, 11pm.

:barscarf: :barscarf:
The winter transfer window doesn't apply to us. It is a distraction from our football and will be ignored. While others fixate on it, we will be laser focused on bombing out of the cup competitions :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Can confirm that Arsenal new proposal to Reiss Nelson is for contract valid until June 2027 plus one year option. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

Short term deal was discussed and then rejected weeks ago. Talks now ongoing on long term deal — but Nelson has bids from Italy, England and France.

Italian chap on twitter

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Nelson is far from good enough to be in this team, we need to cut him loose.

Why we continue to give new contracts to sub-par players like Nelson and Nketiah, I’ll never know.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:19 pm

Why we continue to give new contracts to sub-par players like Nelson and Nketiah, I’ll never know.
Precisely. I don't know either.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:19 pm

Dunno if I would go that far, BUT what I will say is that if he isnt able to get fcuk all game time in last 9 games when all around him has been shit, then it should tell him how he is viewed by the basque clown and he should leave