Happy St Michael of Thomas Day!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Happy St Michael of Thomas Day!

Post by DB10GOONER »

Lo and behold! Yea verily, tonight THIRTY FOUR :shock: years ago, the Lord George Graham did walk upon the mountain of stolen hubcaps and shat he upon the pagan scouse vermin. 8)

Anfield 89. The greatest moment in football history. Never equalled. Never bettered.

:bowing21: :hail: :banner:

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Happy St Michael of Thomas Day!

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Nothing comes close to this in football, anywhere in the world.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bout time adidas released the fucking shirt, only been waiting my whole life for it.

Wearing my flea bay knock off for the night that’s in it, that goal will never be topped.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

I wasn't one of the 200000 on social media that was there that night :D
I can still remember my knee slide across the line carpert and making sure all my neighbours knew what had happened :D :barscarf:
my eldest was named Michael Thomas
my youngest got David Adam Anders
I wanted Anthony Adam but my missus wouldn't have it as she new it would end up as Tony Adams

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:18 pm
Bout time adidas released the fucking shirt, only been waiting my whole life for it.

Wearing my flea bay knock off for the night that’s in it, that goal will never be topped.
Still got my original shirt and have had it signed by George and most of the players ( Thomas and Rocastle apart)

Programme too all signed a week or so afterwards by all the players courtesy of a friend of Perry Groves’

Best night / weekend of my life, no question

I will die a happy man

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:14 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 10:18 pm

Still got my original shirt and have had it signed by George and most of the players ( Thomas and Rocastle apart)

Programme too all signed a week or so afterwards by all the players courtesy of a friend of Perry Groves’

Best night / weekend of my life, no question

I will die a happy man
Not unless you get a signed Xhaka shirt as well :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 7:24 am
I wasn't one of the 200000 on social media that was there that night :D
I can still remember my knee slide across the line carpert and making sure all my neighbours knew what had happened :D :barscarf:
my eldest was named Michael Thomas
my youngest got David Adam Anders
I wanted Anthony Adam but my missus wouldn't have it as she new it would end up as Tony Adams
Superb stuff gaz. 8)

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Still watch it praying that Mickey hasn't held onto it for too long. :lol:

Everything fell into place for that goal, Smudges impeccable touch turn and pass, Perry's run across to take out the defenders, the driving run by Mickey with the deflection that could have gone anywhere, and then the blink first moments before the goal with Grobbelar

The commentary, the limbs flying in the Gooner end, everything! What football is all about 8) :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:06 pm
Still watch it praying that Mickey hasn't held onto it for too long. :lol:

Everything fell into place for that goal, Smudges impeccable touch turn and pass, Perry's run across to take out the defenders, the driving run by Mickey with the deflection that could have gone anywhere, and then the blink first moments before the goal with Grobbelar

The commentary, the limbs flying in the Gooner end, everything! What football is all about 8) :barscarf:
Could you imagine if we had VAR back then. :roll: That moment of pure joy, pure hysteria, pure unbridled adrenaline and celebration... turned inti two to five minutes of some cùnt watching replay after replay ... :roll: :censored: