ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:29 am
🚨 || Arsenal have reportedly submitted an official proposal of a two year contract, to sign Ilkay Gundogan [Via - @SPORT].
So we’ll have two Gun dogs at the club. Win the Labrador. And Ilkay.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

And if Xhaka doesn't leave we'll have a Pointer too......... :banghead:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:15 pm
And if Xhaka doesn't leave we'll have a Pointer too......... :banghead:
I’m pretty sure he is a shih tzu

Midz

Post by Midz »

there's so much BS about Rice and Caicedo in the media but who will we buy if what's most likely to happen and neither of them come?

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:17 pm
there's so much BS about Rice and Caicedo in the media but who will we buy if what's most likely to happen and neither of them come?

McAllister having a medical at the victims today - I keep reading bs lately about how we want to get our transfer business done early, and here we have an ideal signing at a very cheap price, and we are sitting back and allowing him go to one of our supposed rivals :shock: :shock: As has been said already, the policy is all well and good if the club do sign rice AND caciedo, but if they fail to get one or both of them, where will that leave us, and how stupid will we look then ? My feelings on rice not being good enough are well known (I;m not sure about caciedo tbh), but I think for team balance signing McAllister and either rice or caaciedo makes more sense than signing rice and caciedo,

I'm interested in seeing the moroccan midfielder for Fiorentina tomorrow night - personally I would rate him a lot higher than both rice and caciedo going on his performances in the world cup last December

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It's very likely we'll miss out on both because we won't pay the money, then we'll over pay for a third rate player who we're desperate for..... It's the Arsenal way.

This is the transfer window where we find out if Arsenal really want to be amongst the big boys or do they still want to do things on the cheap? :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:01 am
It's very likely we'll miss out on both because we won't pay the money, then we'll over pay for a third rate player who we're desperate for..... It's the Arsenal way.

This is the transfer window where we find out if Arsenal really want to be amongst the big boys or do they still want to do things on the cheap? :rubchin:

Defending the club is not a position I usually take, but in fairness they did back away from the mudryk deal when it went too high, but I hope that they apply same mindset when it comes to rice deal cos he will imo be the overpay 3rd rate player that the club are desperate for, and it will be a big mistake

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Arsenal are very interested in securing the services of Galatasaray’s Danish CB, Victor Nelsson. He has a €25m (£21.5m) release clause and the selling club will not part with him for anything less [Via - @FanatikComTR].

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗞️| “Arsenal remain interested in a move for Manchester City defender Joao Cancelo after his loan from Bayern Munich ended. Arsenal are in the market for a central defender, full-back and in midfield - which the Gunners have branded a priority position.

“Cancelo went on loan to Bayern Munich in January but the German champions declined to take up a £60m option to buy for the full-back. Early indications suggest there is a gap in what City would want and what Arsenal are prepared to pay.” [@SkySportsNews] #afc

🗞️| “Mikel Arteta wants to revamp Arsenal's midfield with two signings. The Gunners are also interested in bolstering their options at centre-back and right-back. A new forward has been discussed, too.” [@JamesOlley, @ESPNUK] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tammy Abraham undergone successful knee surgery today to reconstruct his ACL. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 #ASRoma

Abraham, expected to be out until at least November/beginning of December.

Bad news lads :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:14 pm
Tammy Abraham undergone successful knee surgery today to reconstruct his ACL. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 #ASRoma

Abraham, expected to be out until at least November/beginning of December.

Bad news lads :lol:
Stick in a broken back and he would have been our top transfer target a decade ago.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Declan Rice anonymous again.

Get Amrabat.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Whenever I see Declan Rice play it just screams shite Gareth Barry vibes.

Hard pass and get Caicedo instead

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:47 pm
Whenever I see Declan Rice play it just screams shite Gareth Barry vibes.

Hard pass and get Caicedo instead
Rice is massively over rated. He's a good player but not a great player and not worth 100 million.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Arsenal ready to lay down a record £90m for Declan Rice in the coming days. West Ham want it paid by 2025, Arsenal want a swift resolution. Rice very happy to join Arsenal, settled in London and doesn’t want to leave [Via - @SamiMokbel81_DM].