other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:31 pm
The comparison to the united treble team came up in conversation at work the other day where some dull c.unt was trying to say city’s current domination was the same as united back then and I couldn’t believe that I found myself going in to bat for old whiskey nose’s team.

Back then united had the biggest ground, the highest commercial revenue, a massive global fan base and the man united megastore was famously a licence to print money.

As much as everyone else despised them, the monster was created completely from their own mega wealth.

Fast forward to today, a relegation yo yo club was picked from mediocrity by a gulf nation state, pimped with oil money generated 5000 miles away from their ground and as a result they’ve now bought every trophy in sight.

They have zero respect from the wider football community, they could win 100 leagues in row and they’ll be met with nothing but apathy and indifference.

Fuck them.

The biggest travesty is how they’re going to destroy the game I’ve adored all my life. That’s their biggest crime. What’s even the point of watching anymore?
Spot on pal. Word for word

Never forget just how destructive the chavs and their war criminal owner was in all this too.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:44 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:31 pm
The comparison to the united treble team came up in conversation at work the other day where some dull c.unt was trying to say city’s current domination was the same as united back then and I couldn’t believe that I found myself going in to bat for old whiskey nose’s team.

Back then united had the biggest ground, the highest commercial revenue, a massive global fan base and the man united megastore was famously a licence to print money.

As much as everyone else despised them, the monster was created completely from their own mega wealth.

Fast forward to today, a relegation yo yo club was picked from mediocrity by a gulf nation state, pimped with oil money generated 5000 miles away from their ground and as a result they’ve now bought every trophy in sight.

They have zero respect from the wider football community, they could win 100 leagues in row and they’ll be met with nothing but apathy and indifference.

Fuck them.

The biggest travesty is how they’re going to destroy the game I’ve adored all my life. That’s their biggest crime. What’s even the point of watching anymore?
Spot on pal. Word for word

Never forget just how destructive the chavs and their war criminal owner was in all this too.
Agreed. The last time I felt like this was in 2012 when they bought it all as well

People told me not to worry as FFP was going to straighten it all out. That worked well !!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I massively disliked Hill Wood but was his tanks are on our lawn firing 50 pound notes at us comment ever more apt than tonight.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

https://twitter.com/fbawaydays/status/1 ... ypo8FzPjIA

Look at the state of this soulless bunch of cunnys.

They just ‘won’* the last coveted trophy in club football and that’s all they can muster.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Oh great. Another no mark club singing "Ave you won the European cup" at us ad infinitum. A once great competition is quickly losing its status

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

And yet again not a single mention of the 115 charges of cheating they stand accused of.

Incredible.

With all the fairytale talk you’d think the goals of Paul Dickov had taken them all the way from league 1 to champions league glory rather than being pimped by the wealth of a nation state.

Anyone eulogising this shit is complicit in the rape of our game.

Fuck off :twisted:

Arsenal Till I Die

The Lance Armstrong of football.

115 charges and fuck all will happen. Football is well and truly dead.

Arsenal Till I Die

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:30 pm
And yet again not a single mention of the 115 charges of cheating they stand accused of.
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1 ... ypo8FzPjIA

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:51 pm
Lukaku is fucking pony.
Absolutely. Always has been shit. When we were linked with him a few seasons back I said that repeatedly on here and was told he was "mustard" and a "top top striker". I actually did manage to literally piss myself laughing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just need the longest of breaks from football right now

Someone told me there are international games next weekend FFS - well they can fuck right off. Couldn't tell you who Ingerlund are playing and couldn't give a fuck. Let the Ashes commence and the garden needs some attention

My son was saying the new fixtures are out this week too - fuck off!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:52 pm

They just ‘won’* the last coveted trophy in club football and that’s all they can muster.
Holy fuck :cry: That is utterly pathetic it really is :cry: It's like they've just beaten Sutton at home in the cup :roll: Fucking entitled arsepieces :cry: Success like the successes they are having and will continue to have are completely wasted on them as a fanbase..

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:47 am
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:52 pm

Holy fuck :cry: That is utterly pathetic it really is :cry: It's like they've just beaten Sutton at home in the cup :roll: Fucking entitled arsepieces :cry: Success like the successes they are having and will continue to have are completely wasted on them as a fanbase..
Yes. Bravo. Clap, clap, well done football players. Clap, Clap. Fucking hell.

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:58 am

Someone told me there are international games next weekend FFS - well they can fuck right off. Couldn't tell you who Ingerlund are playing and couldn't give a fuck. Let the Ashes commence and the garden needs some attention

Spot on Steve O but I am getting a vision of gloating Aussies holding the Ashes urn.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:

9 weeks today - the Community Shield final v the Champions of the World :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

John F wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:00 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Spot on Steve O but I am getting a vision of gloating Aussies holding the Ashes urn.
Maybe so mate, but at least the success on the field can't be bought. If they beat us fair and square on a level playing field then I'll always be the first to hold my hands up - just like in football in times of old.