ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:17 pm
🚨 Arsenal are closing in on a deal to sign Declan Rice! Deal not done yet but increasing confidence a deal will be reached. West Ham wanted £100m+ and Arsenal’s new bid will reach that, add-ons included. Reports, @ChrisWheatley. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Not If the add ons are very unlikely to ever be achieved ( winning the World Cup 🏆 or winning the ballon d’or )

Anyhow … I’d prefer Caicedo over Rice, but would be happy with anyone over Xhaka.

If we don’t get Caicedo the young lad at Southampton Lavia looks a real talent and would be £20m odd cheaper

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Kai Havertz to Arsenal is progressing rapidly. Understand the deal is nearly done… Fee is almost agreed. Personal terms no issue. Contract set to be 5+1. Been told the player is looking for accommodation close to Colney [Via - @Olly_A_informer].

Fulham, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth are among the teams interested in Leicester City defender Timothy Castagne. 🇧🇪 🦊

Arsenal asked about Castagne recently. He's an option but definitely not their first choice, as called by @sachatavolieri.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:50 pm
🚨 || Kai Havertz to Arsenal is progressing rapidly. Understand the deal is nearly done… Fee is almost agreed. Personal terms no issue. Contract set to be 5+1. Been told the player is looking for accommodation close to Colney [Via - @Olly_A_informer].

Fulham, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth are among the teams interested in Leicester City defender Timothy Castagne. 🇧🇪 🦊

Arsenal asked about Castagne recently. He's an option but definitely not their first choice, as called by @sachatavolieri.
When he turns up in the village I’ll let you know. :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Havertz looks like it’s genuine, can see it happening too.

Whelmed.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

So funny to see the attitudes towards British players on here

Everyone convinced Rice is overpriced at 80m-100m, but absolutely convinced Caceido is worth at least that - the one season wonder playing in a small pond, and virtually unheard of before this season

Outrage that Sancho cost 80m as an English player, but Antony at €100m barely gets a mention and looks like a poor man's Pepe. 88m for Mudryk anyone?

As I said before, there is overrated shite from every country out there. None of its your money. None of it is being paid by clubs who give the slightest thought to a sustainable business model. FFP - nobody gives a fuck

We might end up spending 100m on Rice. It might work. Might not. If it doesn't then the same bloke who spent 72m on Pepe will have had a small dent made in his 8 billion personal fortune and earn it back another way. The prices are all a total irrelevance these days

Get the players we need - who gives a fuck if it's 200m invested or 400m

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:37 pm

Everyone convinced Rice is overpriced at 80m-100m, but absolutely convinced Caceido is worth at least that - the one season wonder playing in a small pond, and virtually unheard of before this season

Outrage that Sancho cost 80m as an English player, but Antony at €100m barely gets a mention and looks like a poor man's Pepe. 88m for Mudryk anyone?

As I said before, there is overrated shite from every country out there. None of its your money. None of it is being paid by clubs who give the slightest thought to a sustainable business model. FFP - nobody gives a fuck

We might end up spending 100m on Rice. It might work. Might not. If it doesn't then the same bloke who spent 72m on Pepe will have had a small dent made in his 8 billion personal fortune and earn it back another way. The prices are all a total irrelevance these days

I get what you're saying, I too couldn't give a fvck about Stan's money but we all know he's a tight bastard, he'll want the money back at some point, he's no sheikh x, y or z who just wants to whitewash their image and he isn't worth trillions.

In fact I bet he's waiting for some middle Eastern buyer to come along... maybe that would be a good thing given where the PL is heading.

:banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Inter Milan interested in signing Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun & are expected to formally approach. It’s thought Balogun wants permanent move away to get regular 1st team football. With 2 years left on contract, final decision will rest with Arsenal. #AFC #Inter

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:29 am
Inter Milan interested in signing Arsenal striker Folarin Balogun & are expected to formally approach. It’s thought Balogun wants permanent move away to get regular 1st team football. With 2 years left on contract, final decision will rest with Arsenal. #AFC #Inter
£110m. No less. :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:44 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:29 am
£110m. No less. :barscarf:
Watch him go for £15m

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:37 pm

Steve O the only reason nationality comes into it is because for years there is a higher premium on english players (maybe it is the homegrown rule thing ?) - I was against signing mudryk cos it was too much money for a position where there was no need, and by same token I am against signing rice cos it is far too much money for a limited player, and his nationality (and/or change of nationality :wink: ) has nothing to do with it. If it was my decision in the morning, I would try and sign kyle walker cos I think he would be a massive addition, even at his age, to this team - I have championed smith-rowe over odeargod for a long time now, so I'm not one of these that is influenced by nationality. I also have expressed concerns over caciedo cos he never really stands out to me, and in the last month of the season when he was played at right full I thought he looked uncomfortable with the ball at his feet - imo bissuma (sp :oops: ) when he was with brighton looked a much better player to me than caciedo, but he has struggled to get game time with the scum last season.
You keep dismissing the money argument as though it matters not, but I still argue that - lets work on the basis that at the start of every transfer window we have a set transfer budget plus whatever income we get from sales, then I would say that overspending on rice (or murdyk or any player), leaves less money in the kitty to address other needs, so its not like it doesnt matter or doesnt have any consequences. I've long accepted that we dont shop in the top tier of talented players and am very ok with that, but I'm not ok with spending top tier prices on 3rd level players - some will spout dogshite about spending so much on rice shows the intent and ambition of the club, where as I would think that spending so much on rice (and havertz) shows that we have people making decisions that cannot judge a player properly, and that selling clubs are taking advantage of this. By the end of last season a lot of fans were questioning jesus and zinchenko, and all season long people were critical of the portugese pussy, so I would suggest that this transfer window is huge and the two clowns in charge have to get it right, and if rice and havertz are our two main signings this summer, then next season there will be loud calls for the sacking of arteta and/or edu

augie

Post by augie »

All you sceptics who doubted those who are running the club and where their priorities lie ..... shame on you

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -announced

:wink: :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to reports Arsenal are interested in Southampton Midfielder Romeo Lavia. He is available for just £25m.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Broken leg or pregnancy coming up .

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:27 am
All you sceptics who doubted those who are running the club and where their priorities lie ..... shame on you

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -announced

:wink: :lol: :lol:
Someone at the mancs has egg on their face

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Arsenal have reportedly moved ahead of Newcastle, for the signature of Leverkusen’s Moussa Diaby [Via - @LEquipe].