ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 EXCL: West Ham have tonight received formal offer from Manchester City to sign Declan Rice. #MCFC proposing deal worth £80m + £10m add-ons after 2nd Arsenal bid of £75m + £15m rejected last week. #AFC pursuit of main target ongoing @TheAthleticFC #WHUFC

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

We will need to bid £90m all up front over probably a couple of years. Unless Rice rejects them I reckon he’s off to City.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:42 pm
We will need to bid £90m all up front over probably a couple of years. Unless Rice rejects them I reckon he’s off to City.

He better take a cushion with him, because that subs bench will get pretty uncomfortable.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:42 pm

He better take a cushion with him, because that subs bench will get pretty uncomfortable.
They don’t need him. Just fucking with us. That is the level of their financial fraud that they can dictate the market. Totally gone in terms of any competition.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Media is wanking themselves silly saying City are trumping Arsenal even though they've actually offered the same money albeit with 5m more guaranteed..... Whilst totally ignoring the fact that Wet Spam turned our offer down because they want 100m.
City are just taking the piss with 90m, fucking joke club.

Come on Arsenal, just fuck them over and go 90m with 10m add ons. Then it's very hard for Wet Spam to say no and even better, if City offer 110m and Rice says I want Arsenal, the spammers will have to accept as we're offering what they were asking for AND City look like mugs.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

These pimped clubs really have fvcked the market for every non-pimped club, same as when the Russian criminal was pouring the Russian peoples money into his vanity and safety net from Putin project 15 years ago.

But the useless w@nkers at the PL/FA did nothing, as usual, hope the Saudi's fvck the league, it deserves it.

In fact this is just what we do in this country for the last 30 years, sell out to any one with money, I feel ashamed to be British these days.

:censored:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

To my mind, the fact that city have made a bid is helpful to Arsenal.

If the murderers accept 80+10, then we know what we have to match. If they don’t accept then hang back and see what City up their bid to until it gets accepted and then we can decide if we can or if we want to match it. Basically that’ll be time to either take a sh!t or get off the pot.

Let them do the work for once rather than us having to show our panties in public as we usually do

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 West Ham have turned down Man City offer for Declan Rice. #MCFC made formal proposal last night worth £80m + £10m add-ons. #WHUFC unimpressed & quickly rejected it. Arsenal have seen 2 bids rebuffed but remain determined to sign 24yo @TheAthleticFC #AFC

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Rob Holding is currently in talks to complete a move to join Beşiktaş on loan. He could extend with the club before doing so [Via - @JoeKrishnan EXCL].

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:42 am
🚨 || Rob Holding is currently in talks to complete a move to join Beşiktaş on loan. He could extend with the club before doing so [Via - @JoeKrishnan EXCL].

Fuck that - I dont dislike Holding at all, but if we aint playing him then we should be selling not loaning him.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:50 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:42 am

Fuck that - I dont dislike Holding at all, but if we aint playing him then we should be selling not loaning him.
Nobody would pay him what we are, so a loan it is and we’ll save some of his wages.

madjens

Post by madjens »

I'd leave our offer as it is. If Rice wants to be a £90m benchwarmer then so be it.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

madjens wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:08 am
I'd leave our offer as it is. If Rice wants to be a £90m benchwarmer then so be it.

Yep, agreed. And if West Ham don’t accept either offer, then they’ve got a pissed off player on their hands.

Easy for me to say this, because I’m not not a big fan of Rice and certainly not at these figures, but it’s time we called everyone’s bluff. That’s our offer, take it or leave it and if City who’ve offered more want him, then go ahead, take him and sit him on your bench.

However, in the meantime, we need to be seriously looking at alternatives, both to send a message to West Ham and because we need centre mids. Start by properly resurrecting the interest in Caicedo.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Sky going on about a third bid expected.

It must be in the same taxi as Joe Cole

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 || Declan Rice is waiting for Arsenal to raise their bid for him after West Ham rejected Manchester City’s opening offer of £90m [Via - @JacobSteinberg].