ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Official, confirmed. Pablo Marí leaves Arsenal to join Monza on permanent deal. 🔴⚪️ #AFC

Understand fee for Arsenal is gonna be around £6m.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Talks over the payment structure for Declan Rice’s £105m move to Arsenal are almost finalised. West Ham have been looking for the guaranteed part of the fee to be paid by the end of next year

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:39 pm
:)
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:55 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:22 pm
Ethan Nwaneri has signed for City.

Cash money to his parents. Plus a big deal for him.
Never trust what you hear down the village pub eh ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Take a gander through the arsenal.com under 18 highlights of matches, plenty of times you can see his talent and he is still under age playing for the under 18’s

Could well turn out to be as good as any academy players produced before if he fulfils his potential

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Didn't we recently lose a very promising Academy player to theChavScum?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yup, Omari Hutchison I think his name is. Not sure if he's even got any minutes for them yet, and he certainly won't get any soon! He's destroyed at least a year of his career by being greedy. He was never going to get game time at the Chavs.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:17 pm
Yup, Omari Hutchison I think his name is. Not sure if he's even got any minutes for them yet, and he certainly won't get any soon! He's destroyed at least a year of his career by being greedy. He was never going to get game time at the Chavs.
A stark warning for the rest of them. Himself and his parents followed the cash and could easily have hampered/destroyed his career as a result, he’ll never kick a ball for the chavs. Chose money over development.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

This is the thing with Chavski, they are stock piling young players with high potential, no way can they all, even half maybe, get their break there.

They will be trying to abuse the loan system again like they did under the Russian criminal, I hope the PL rules do not allow this nonsense again.

They must be getting twitchy over at PL HQ though, so much dirty cash and questionable owners now it is a fvcking circus.

Then again they are clowns.. 🤬

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm a bit gutted the bindippers are signing Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig. He's top top qualitee and their central midfield two of Mac Allister and Szoboszlai is going to be excellent next season, puts them back in the game I think. For 60m I'd rather have seen us get him than Havertz. :banghead:

John F

Post by John F »

Even though he is overpriced I think Rice is a good signing and Timber will be too. My West Ham mate is gutted that Rice is leaving. Someone from my hometown playing for Arsenal has never happened before :barscarf: The Havertz signing I just did not understand as we already had good players for Clive's position. The money really should have been put towards a decent striker preferably one that could head the ball. If we could sign one then the squad will look good. I had a go at picking the first 11 on the BBC website and it gets more complicated when you start trying to pick the more advanced positions. I went for a boring 442 Ramsdale, Tierney, Saliba, White, Timber, Rice and if he stays Partey, Martinelli, Saka then I would just pick Odegaard over Smith Rowe and give Balogun a try to see if his French form transmits to the Premiership. We would have a good bench.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Declan Rice flys back to England today, once the deal is officially signed off he will then do the medical and media shoot.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:41 am
I'm a bit gutted the bindippers are signing Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig. He's top top qualitee and their central midfield two of Mac Allister and Szoboszlai is going to be excellent next season, puts them back in the game I think. For 60m I'd rather have seen us get him than Havertz. :banghead:
Many players looked the biz in the Germany only to be shown up in the PL.

We have one of our very own now

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

John F wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:16 am
Even though he is overpriced I think Rice is a good signing and Timber will be too. My West Ham mate is gutted that Rice is leaving. Someone from my hometown playing for Arsenal has never happened before :barscarf: The Havertz signing I just did not understand as we already had good players for Clive's position. The money really should have been put towards a decent striker preferably one that could head the ball. If we could sign one then the squad will look good. I had a go at picking the first 11 on the BBC website and it gets more complicated when you start trying to pick the more advanced positions. I went for a boring 442 Ramsdale, Tierney, Saliba, White, Timber, Rice and if he stays Partey, Martinelli, Saka then I would just pick Odegaard over Smith Rowe and give Balogun a try to see if his French form transmits to the Premiership. We would have a good bench.
I think it depends on the formation being played and with now decent back ups who can play 2 or 3 positions we will have the ability to rotate / rest / substitute depending on opposition, how the match is going.

Last season until we signed Trossard there was a lack of quality available to mix it up in the attacking arrears.
Not being over reliant on Saka could be crucial this year.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:41 am
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:41 am

Many players looked the biz in the Germany only to be shown up in the PL.

We have one of our very own now
Ah yes, Amaury Bischoff !

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Rice’s shirt now unavailable to buy on West Ham’s website.

John F

Post by John F »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:45 am
John F wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:16 am
I think it depends on the formation being played and with now decent back ups who can play 2 or 3 positions we will have the ability to rotate / rest / substitute depending on opposition, how the match is going.

Last season until we signed Trossard there was a lack of quality available to mix it up in the attacking arrears.
Not being over reliant on Saka could be crucial this year.
Good point Stuart. I can already see flaws in my own team selection. It should be 4411 and I can see the ball pinging in the box with no one on the end it at one end and the high ball causing problems at the other. White is not known for his heading ability so it might have to be Gabriel depending on the Team we play.