Welcome Declan Rice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Rice at Arsenal

Poll ended at Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 27

Topside Northbank

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Topside Northbank »

Top class player Rice, he will break the play up faster than Partey, close down space and has a better technical ability than is being credited for by some. Sort of CM we have needed for years more consistent than Partey.

24 years old, got him at peak years 5 year deal.

Prices everywhere are insane and won't be going down any time soon, 105m not a chance. But that's the same market that has Enzo off the back of a world cup :roll: which is never the best time to judge a player 107m that's crazy.

augie

Post by augie »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:39 pm
Top class player Rice, he will break the play up faster than Partey, close down space and has a better technical ability than is being credited for by some. Sort of CM we have needed for years more consistent than Partey.

Prices everywhere are insane and won't be going down any time soon, 105m not a chance. But that's the same market that has Enzo off the back of a world cup :roll: which is never the best time to judge a player 107m that's crazy.

You pick the chavs out as market value ??? How about choosing a different argie player - McAllister to the victims for £35m compared to us spunking out £105m for rice and all of a sudden our dealings dont look so great do they ?

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:27 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:

You pick the chavs out as market value ??? How about choosing a different argie player - McAllister to the victims for £35m compared to us spunking out £105m for rice and all of a sudden our dealings dont look so great do they ?
Actually read what I wrote 107m is crazy for a bloke that has played less than 100 domestic games. Like Mudryk 85m as though a winger also a small sample size to be spunking amounts like that.

Anyway Mac Allister I'd class as a 8 or 10 for what it's worth and a good deal for Liverpool. Up tp 55m. Oh well think I'll leave it there.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Rice could well be the next England captain once Kane’s ankles finally succumb

Just think of all the major decisions we would get ……. :rubchin: :roll: :evil:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Topside Northbank wrote:

:high5:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

How does it take 2 weeks to read and sign a contract, and have a medical? ⏰

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:18 am

On SSN last night ,they said all the paperwork is done but West Ham are waiting for the Arsenal lawyers to check it over b4 the deal can go through fully

West Ham are waiting for Arsenal’s lawyers to approve the final wording of the deal to sign Declan Rice 🔴

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:46 pm
Rice could well be the next England captain once Kane’s ankles finally succumb

Just think of all the major decisions we would get ……. :rubchin: :roll: :evil:
BOOM SHAKA LAKA BOOM! Indeed Amigo! :high5: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:21 am
Kingralph wrote:

On SSN last night ,they said all the paperwork is done but West Ham are waiting for the Arsenal lawyers to check it over b4 the deal can go through fully

West Ham are waiting for Arsenal’s lawyers to approve the final wording of the deal to sign Declan Rice 🔴
Also; Moyes has had to go on a Crash Course to learn to read, so he can give it the thumbs up.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:21 am
Kingralph wrote:

Even then, it doesn’t take 2 weeks for lawyers to review a contract. In my experience they can review and sign off in a matter to a few days.

The contract will be fairly standard, it’ll just be the clauses that are individual. So, let’s say they have, generously, 30 clauses even that’s just a few days work for a decent lawyer.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Decent lawyer :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:35 pm
Decent lawyer :lol:
:coffeespit:

Is that one that isn't a robbing cùnt? :rubchin:

They do not exist. File under Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, and augie's miss having orgasms. :D :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arsenal’s lawyers are top drawer. I suspect that’s a complicated deal and we don’t trust West Ham to draft a contract that matches what was legally agreed. Shifty fuckers over in East London. We can also piss them off by making them wait after all the aggro they caused.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 pm
Arsenal’s lawyers are top drawer. I suspect that’s a complicated deal and we don’t trust West Ham to draft a contract that matches what was legally agreed. Shifty fuckers over in East London. We can also piss them off by making them wait after all the aggro they caused.

There's nothing wrong with East London. Despite what that lot go on about, they're actually mockney Essex boys. Until the boundary changes and the London County Council becoming the GLC in about 1964, their old ground (East Ham) was officially in Essex. You now have people in Romford calling themselves East Londoners. Two generations ago they were carrot crunchers with straw in their ears.

Also makes me laugh how many "East Londoners" think the the sound of Bow Bells is the church in Bow E3, when in fact it's St Mary Le Bow church smack in the middle of the City. I'd consider Bow to definitely be East London, but I've had people from Bow say "I'm a real cockney because I was born within the sound of Bow Bells". I usually just laugh and say "You must have fucking good ears". They're clueless.

John F

Post by John F »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 pm

There's nothing wrong with East London. Despite what that lot go on about, they're actually mockney Essex boys. Until the boundary changes and the London County Council becoming the GLC in about 1964, their old ground (East Ham) was officially in Essex. You now have people in Romford calling themselves East Londoners. Two generations ago they were carrot crunchers with straw in their ears.

Also makes me laugh how many "East Londoners" think the the sound of Bow Bells is the church in Bow E3, when in fact it's St Mary Le Bow church smack in the middle of the City. I'd consider Bow to definitely be East London, but I've had people from Bow say "I'm a real cockney because I was born within the sound of Bow Bells". I usually just laugh and say "You must have fucking good ears". They're clueless.
Count me in as one of the clueless as I have to admit I never knew that. My Grandad always went on about being born within the sound of the Bow Bells. I took that to mean he was born in Bow. Live and learn