Welcome Declan Rice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Rice at Arsenal

Poll ended at Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 27

OneBardGooner

Re: Welcome Declan Rice

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsKKiNxHB8k

Welcome Declan! Welcome Jurrien! :barscarf:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

How good is he at pointing?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Welcome Gareth! Let’s hope you get to lift something better than the Rumbelows Europe Cup with us! :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I hope he becomes our midfield version of TA6 and lifts many a trophy with us.

Wish him all the best in the red and white. :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’ve been a long time advocate for us implementing a Dortmund 2.0 model - young, hungry, talented players with a point to prove who can excel here and go on to achieve massive success with the club.

We’re shaping up very nicely on that front now, fingers crossed we go on to do something magical over the next couple of seasons.

What I was less of a believer in, but am now fully on board with, is buying the majority of these players from other PL clubs. There’s no bedding in period for Declan Rice, he knows this league inside out.

It made a massive difference when the likes of Trossard, Jesus, Zinchenko, White and Ramsdale could just slot in seamlessly and immediately improve the team.

Well worth the premium fees you need to pay for me. I’m super buzzing about all things Arsenal now, I’m a fully paid up member of #TeamTets and we’re extremely well placed to make a fucking assault on all the big prizes how.

COMEEEEE ONNNNNNN :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I can't be a hypocrite and change what I've been saying for weeks, so I'd have been pleased to have signed him for somethig like 40 million, but think 100+ is way over the top and could have secured a more complete player.

BUT....none of that is his fault and we've got him now and I hope he turns out to be a star who has a fabulous career with us. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong and makes the fee true value for money.

Good luck Declan.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Andrew wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:45 pm

:lol: :lol:

Don't worry Andrew, I mentioned it on here a week or two ago....he points very well. If that's the only similarity to dearly departed Granit, then I can live with it (annoying though it is).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:12 pm
Andrew wrote:

Don't worry Andrew, I mentioned it on here a week or two ago....he points very well. If that's the only similarity to dearly departed Granit, then I can live with it (annoying though it is).
Yes, indeed you did and it was explained to you that when Rice is pointing it's because:

He reads the game very well; far better than those of the team he played for at the time
He see's when there is danger or when something is about to go pear shaped - And so besides 'pointing', he also Shouts a Lot, why? Because he is a Leader and takes responsibility.

Unlike the wannabe Hard Man who for some delusional reason imagined he was a leader; instead of the Accident Waiting to Happen, which he was, is and always will be....Which leads me to: What the fuck's with the "dearly departed Granit" Shit- ??? Don't tell me you think we shouldn't have sold him!? - Or that you rate him!? :shock: His Monicker was 'Clive' and that was being kind... With CliveElCunto now gone from our ranks we automatically become a Better, Stronger Squad.

:wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:28 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Yes, indeed you did and it was explained to you that when Rice is pointing it's because:

He reads the game very well; far better than those of the team he played for at the time
He see's when there is danger or when something is about to go pear shaped - And so besides 'pointing', he also Shouts a Lot, why? Because he is a Leader and takes responsibility.

Unlike the wannabe Hard Man who for some delusional reason imagined he was a leader; instead of the Accident Waiting to Happen, which he was, is and always will be....Which leads me to: What the fuck's with the "dearly departed Granit" Shit- ??? Don't tell me you think we shouldn't have sold him!? - Or that you rate him!? :shock: His Monicker was 'Clive' and that was being kind... With CliveElCunto now gone from our ranks we automatically become a Better, Stronger Squad.

Oh, you explained things to me eh? :roll: Take a look at my response to your post and you'll see that I "explained" how the great leaders we've had over the years, McLintock, Adams, Vieira, all managed to lead without pointing all over the gaff. I think DB10 summed it up quite succinctly when he said that true leaders lead by example and vocal motivation and that bullshitters point.

Not sure what your second paragraph is all about. Maybe you got on the bottle a bit early today? You're drawing some pretty wild conclusions from the phrase "dearly departed Granit". Do you genuinely think that it implied regret that he was gone, even though the sentence it was contained in made it absolutely clear that I hoped pointing was the only thing that Rice had in common with Xhaka. For the record, you won't find anyone on here...and I mean anyone....that was complaining about Xhaka earlier than I was.

Not sure what your issue is, but give it a rest.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Really good signing although to be honest I’m just as excited about the defender we bought yesterday too.

What with the Swiss turd leaving as well this has been a good transfer window - and we have actually made the signings early too!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:05 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Oh, you explained things to me eh? :roll: Take a look at my response to your post and you'll see that I "explained" how the great leaders we've had over the years, McLintock, Adams, Vieira, all managed to lead without pointing all over the gaff. I think DB10 summed it up quite succinctly when he said that true leaders lead by example and vocal motivation and that bullshitters point.

Not sure what your second paragraph is all about. Maybe you got on the bottle a bit early today? You're drawing some pretty wild conclusions from the phrase "dearly departed Granit". Do you genuinely think that it implied regret that he was gone, even though the sentence it was contained in made it absolutely clear that I hoped pointing was the only thing that Rice had in common with Xhaka. For the record, you won't find anyone on here...and I mean anyone....that was complaining about Xhaka earlier than I was.

And did you notice the :wink: at the bottom?

:roll:

:lol:

So Calm down and let us en-joy the FACT that one of the worst players in the modern history of the club is GONE and we have what a certain TOF might describe a sTop TOP Quality.... There again there are some on here who still maintain their Negativity towards him, regardless of the price - over which he had no say.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:19 pm
It's done. Welcome on board Deckers! Hope you become a legend. :barscarf:

Only shame is the horrific shit gangsta music we chose to accompany his welcome video. Appalling. Not all Arsenal fans are 16 year old wannabe gangstas blud yo feel me fam an' ting? :roll: :censored:
I thought that , shit music

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:27 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Andrew wrote:

So Calm down and let us en-joy the FACT that one of the worst players in the modern history of the club is GONE and we have what a certain TOF might describe a sTop TOP Quality.... There again there are some on here who still maintain their Negativity towards him, regardless of the price - over which he had no say.

Yeah I noticed it, but an emoji is often a crafty way out of a dig.

As for being negative and him having no say over the fee, I take it that you didn't read my post further up this page? If you did, then your comment is once again misplaced.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

As for being negative and him having no say over the fee, I take it that you didn't read my post further up this page? If you did, then your comment is once again misplaced.
Oh ff just get a room you Cockney/taff *word censored*...

:wink: :shock: :lol:

This is about big dec. Think he will be good. But needs quality beside him.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:20 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Oh ff just get a room you Cockney/taff *word censored*...

:wink: :shock: :lol:

This is about big dec. Think he will be good. But needs quality beside him.

Oi Mantis, you wanna be careful mate, or you might find yourself getting a visit from Ron and Reg.

:lol: :wink: