Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by OneBardGooner »

My thinking goes something like this:

Arteta knows far more about Football than Me; along with most football / Arsenal fans...

He obviously rates him and as soon as it became news that Havertz was available - Edu & Co started making serious enquiries etc

From what I have seen of Havertz (not much) It looks like he was played as a Square Peg in a Round Hole at the Chavs.

Arteta will have bought him to play a specific part / role in the systems he works with, so until we know what that role is and if it works for both the Team and Him, it's worth waiting - I can understand peoples trepidation because of what he did/ didn't do at the Chavs, but he obviously has 'Skills', so it's a Wait and See.

Trust the Process is what we have been told and something tells me this is another piece in that puzzle that is still evolving.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:47 pm

Arteta knows far more about Football than Me; along with most football / Arsenal fans...

He obviously rates him and as soon as it became news that Havertz was available - Edu & Co started making serious enquiries etc

From what I have seen of Havertz (not much) It looks like he was played as a Square Peg in a Round Hole at the Chavs.

Arteta will have bought him to play a specific part / role in the systems he works with, so until we know what that role is and if it works for both the Team and Him, it's worth waiting - I can understand peoples trepidation because of what he did/ didn't do at the Chavs, but he obviously has 'Skills', so it's a Wait and See.

Trust the Process is what we have been told and something tells me this is another piece in that puzzle that is still evolving.
Very fair but he also rated Clive...and seemingly thinks Jesus is good enough to lead the line for a club of our aspirations so he's certainly not infallible!

Thus people can question.

the playing mantis

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:54 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:03 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:05 am
It was more the online based reaction that I was on about Retro rather than anything on here. I woke up yesterday morning and saw that the Arsenal twitter fraternity had lost their fucking minds and it took to a few minutes to work out that it was because of a keepie uppie competition. Fucking hell.

Social media is fucking toxic, one of the worst things inflicted on mankind and rammed full of uber c.unts. The type of pricks ignored in their localities but given a global voice to spew complete shite by cretins like Musk and Zukeberg.

:twisted:
Absolutely. That's why I very very rarely ever go near it. It's a toxic mix of stupidity and horseshit that has given a voice (and more worryingly an audience) to the kind of morons that years ago would be referred to in their locality as "the village idiot" or "the town clown" or "SPUDMASHER". :lol: :wink:

Zuckerberg is a fucking robot that deserves to die before he creates the Terminators that destroy mankind. If his testimony at the FaceFuck hearings is anything to go by then as mankind lies dying, someone will ask him why he did it, and the fucking moron will respond "because I could". :roll: :censored:
Spot on rodders and db social media gives a voice to those who shouldn't have a voice...yet somehow we increasingly see it driving things.

Before these fuckers would have had to make an effort to get their voice heard now they can spew bllx and its gets a global audience.

Sm has some good but massively outweighed by the bad...overall the worst thing to happen to modern society and its irreversible.

Agree with all of this. I'm not technically inspired and don't really do social media, but to my shame, I do get drawn to twitter, although the political stuff not the Arsenal stuff. It's a habit that I need to break, although it does give access to news that the MSM keep hidden from us. The trouble is, the politicians are terrified of social media and despite the loud and extreme voices being very much minority activists, govts seem to think they represent public opinion and allow these nutjobs to influence policy.

I only do twatter for following restaurants, food stuff cricket and art stuff, no tweeting, but seeing something political trending it's tempting to look but its a toxic left wing echo chamber but is sometimes tempting to be drawn in to put logic to morons, but wormhole as anything political on here is!!..(awaits rent a mob...) really not worth the time and effort when you take a step back.

That's the biggest gripe the MSM as a dying format pock up on the more clickbaity stories and publish hem in the papers and online themselves and its a self fulfilling mess, those in power still let the msm dictate a lot of the agenda so it's a vicious circle and ever spiralling down to the bottom. All this trans stuff for example....small story before msm blown massively out of proportion now. Either live and let live or poiltoely disagree. Same for all the alleged 'woke/culture wars' Minority (I don't mean ethnic minority) of noisy idiots driving the agenda and yet the politicians pander to it. We have had a tory government in name only for 10 years and the countries a mess, funky grandpa could have done no worse, and imo wjy is that cos they not being tories, just pandering to popular causes and watering down anything actually effective that made people vote for a conservative in the 1st place...oh dear we have slipped to politics...my poos done do I will shut up.!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think that Henry and Bergkamp had a poor time at their previous clubs and in fact, for quite a few games for us they looked a bit meh........ We know how that turned out. Playing in a shit team with no team togetherness and being played out of position hardly helps someone. I have high hopes for Havertz, he does have skills and you don't play so many times for Germany at a young age if you don't have anything. Be positive people! :D

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

Fucking hell....QTW makes this impossible and full of negative shite anyhow. Try 'She Wore' on Facebook....balanced, fun and more importantly no "towers '

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:14 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:40 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:25 pm

Yeah.

Now imagine judging him on three years of underachievement at Chelsea and an unsurprising failure in that volleying competition...which surely says something about his ability? The single worst performance on record. :oops:

Lastly, imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition' (as worrying as his performance was).
You just have in your first paragraph :lol:

Sorry, you'll have to explain that. The first paragraph says "Yeah." Do you mean the previous post?

And what have I "just" done?
You said 'failure in the volleying competition says something about his ability' and then in the next instance 'imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition'.

I take from that you are judging his ability on the volleying competition?

Anyway its nothing personal to get worked up about , Ive read so much stuff about that today on Twitter from other fans trolling us and Arsenal fans are joining in.

Look I'm not a fan of the signing either and could be a other Ozil but I will give him a chance but would rather ESR kick on personally

Its all good Retro :D

Hmm, you can't select the second part of the sentence and ignore the first part about judging him on three poor seasons at Chelsea. It's very clear from that post and the previous post, which you initially objected to, that my doubts are based upon what I've seen of him during those three years.

Sure, the volleying did nothing to allay those doubts, it was fucking awful, but the judgement already existed. A look back at my posts on this thread will make that very clear.

For me, the signing is bizarre, especially at 65m and it actually puts a lot of pressure on the boy, because I doubt the supporters will be very patient. I haven't looked at Twitter, but if, as you say, our fans are already expressing doubts, then the poor sod had better hit the ground running.
Judging him purely on the volleying competition, I would say that’s a certainty 😂😂
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Internal Server Error message shit Again!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:14 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:40 pm

You just have in your first paragraph :lol:

Sorry, you'll have to explain that. The first paragraph says "Yeah." Do you mean the previous post?

And what have I "just" done?
You said 'failure in the volleying competition says something about his ability' and then in the next instance 'imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition'.

I take from that you are judging his ability on the volleying competition?

Anyway its nothing personal to get worked up about , Ive read so much stuff about that today on Twitter from other fans trolling us and Arsenal fans are joining in.

Look I'm not a fan of the signing either and could be a other Ozil but I will give him a chance but would rather ESR kick on personally

Its all good Retro :D

Hmm, you can't select the second part of the sentence and ignore the first part about judging him on three poor seasons at Chelsea. It's very clear from that post and the previous post, which you initially objected to, that my doubts are based upon what I've seen of him during those three years.

Sure, the volleying did nothing to allay those doubts, it was fucking awful, but the judgement already existed. A look back at my posts on this thread will make that very clear.

For me, the signing is bizarre, especially at 65m and it actually puts a lot of pressure on the boy, because I doubt the supporters will be very patient. I haven't looked at Twitter, but if, as you say, our fans are already expressing doubts, then the poor sod had better hit the ground running.
Judging him purely on the volleying competition, I would say that’s a certainty 😂😂

:lol: :lol:

Pssst....don't mention judging him on the volleying competition. :wink:

Seriously, whether I agreed with the signing or not, he's ours now, so I'm wishing him all the best and hoping he surprises us doubters. I can't delude myself with notions that being a 3 year flop can happen to anyone and that he's just waiting to emerge like a radiant butterfly from his grim Chav cocoon, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Let's give him a dozen or so games in the PL before we decide he's a dud. After that we might see he's really a dude. :D well, hopefully anyway.

the playing mantis

Bennett wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:02 pm
Fucking hell....QTW makes this impossible and full of negative shite anyhow. Try 'She Wore' on Facebook....balanced, fun and more importantly no "towers '
Thank you for your interest in our forum

Up the QTs!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:05 pm
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Internal Server Error message shit Again!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:57 pm
Bennett wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:02 pm
Thank you for your interest in our forum

Up the QTs!

:high5:

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:47 pm

He obviously rates him
and as soon as it became news that Havertz was available - Edu & Co started making serious enquiries etc

And he rates the portugese pussy vieira, and he rated mari, cedric, tavares, sambi and numerous back up keepers - my point being that just cos he is a prto football manager doesnt mean he is in fallible when it comes to assessing players. I will still argue that he has bought more duds than successes, and that the key players in this team are ALL players bought before his arrival, and given the amount of players he has bought, that shouldnt still be the case imo

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

When are Admin (not you DB) Going to do something about this Fucking "Internal Server Error? :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

RE: Kai Havertz - The Boss Has Spoken:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/i7ilfEUxE8A

:proudtosay: