Welcome Declan Rice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Rice at Arsenal

Poll ended at Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 27

the playing mantis

Re: Welcome Declan Rice

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:46 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:32 pm
I'm no blind arteta fan, think the havertz signing is madness/self harm, know we need a far better striker than Jesusamd another cm, but there's a couple of posters on here, one in particular, who is negative about everything and using any excuse to criticise everything, preseason games a as a guide ffs...its facking tiresome and sad as the poster (s) have historically been insightful and worth reading.

I'm assuming it's the menopause and will pass in a year or 2!!!

I still like those posters and want their babies however.

Edit obg has hacked my account!!!
:lol:

:rubchin:

:shock:

Oi! Don't Drag Me Into It! :box: :lol: :wink:

Edit:

It's Official PlayingMantis is a Trouble maker....

Edit2:

Mind you he does have a point some of our longer standing members have been in the menopausal state for fucking years! :D
It's forum silly season!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:54 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:06 pm
I'm no blind arteta fan, think the havertz signing is madness/self harm, know we need a far better striker than Jesusamd another cm, but there's a couple of posters on here, one in particular, who is negative about everything and using any excuse to criticise everything, preseason games a as a guide ffs...its facking tiresome and sad as the poster (s) have historically been insightful and worth reading.

Fuck knows who the other bloke might be?? :rubchin:

Errr Flash!

Actually quartz...wish the truth came out I miss his supernatural basement posts, no-one to talk UAPs, ABCs and spooks with.

Tbf I shouldn't really tar u with the same brush, but owhen a thread has new posts i get giddy as s schoolgirl then find its the same stuff repeated often...judge ricey in November a la the havertz thread. (Havertz will be shit in nov still i fear thoigh...)..I agree on rambo.. :shock:
Quartzy Jizzle MC is gone bro. Let him go. :D :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:43 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:05 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:14 pm
Nope I can't be arsed again.

Debate I'm fine with but pig headed responses trotting out the same opinions regardless I won't waste my time on. :D

I'll take that as there wasn't a response you could make. :lol:

I actually think my last point is probably the accurate one.
Oh I could respond OK. I even started typing it out but then thought why bother. There's only one opinion that matters to you so unless I completely and utterly agree it's a waste of time.

I haven't actually checked but I wouldn't be at all surprised if you've slated Ramsdale on another thread for last night goals. :roll: :lol:

Now, instead of typing all that, you could have responded to the other post.

I’m perfectly open to other opinions, but I’ll debate them if I don’t agree. As for Ramsdale, nope, no comment about last night’s goals, although someone else expressed concern about him generally and I added to that…of course. There’s since been another voice questioning him….it seems to be starting to trend. :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:28 pm
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:54 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:06 pm

Fuck knows who the other bloke might be?? :rubchin:

Errr Flash!

Actually quartz...wish the truth came out I miss his supernatural basement posts, no-one to talk UAPs, ABCs and spooks with.

Tbf I shouldn't really tar u with the same brush, but owhen a thread has new posts i get giddy as s schoolgirl then find its the same stuff repeated often...judge ricey in November a la the havertz thread. (Havertz will be shit in nov still i fear thoigh...)..I agree on rambo.. :shock:
Quartzy Jizzle MC is gone bro. Let him go. :D :wink:
YEAH! Like Serious Bro!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Has he healed yet?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:50 pm
Has he healed yet?

Dunno mate, maybe we should consult John Lee Hooker. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xox9J0FNjZ8

8) :hail: 8)

Midz

Post by Midz »

I remember when that track came out and it blew me away, I thought it was awesome! It's still a great recording. I had to google it to see what year it was. 1989 wow! long time ago. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know mate...

Time Flies and Airplanes Crash! :D

I remember buying the vinyl album (That was when vinyl still out-sold CD's) :?

It came out the same year we went to Scouserland and won 0 - 2 and WON the First Division !

A Vintage Year for So Many Reasons.... 8) :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:10 pm
I know mate...

Time Flies and Airplanes Crash! :D

I remember buying the vinyl album (That was when vinyl still out-sold CD's) :?

It came out the same year we went to Scouserland and won 0 - 2 and WON the First Division !

A Vintage Year for So Many Reasons.... 8) :barscarf:
You know records outsold CDs last year 41 million compared to 33 Million 8)
Great song btw.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! Vinyl is BACK!!!... Sadly I sold my Linn Valhalla ( and my album collection :tickedoff: some of them 180gramme Japanese Pressings...(*) :wailer: ) some years ago when it looked like the music industry had decided to Kill Vinyl.... :( :cry: :oops: :banghead: :cussing:

(*) Kinda Blue - Miles Davis. Court & Spark - Joni Mitchell. Close To The Edge - Yes. Deep Purple In Rock - D.Purple. Royal Scam - Steely Dan.....to name but just a few.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

He looked good today and gave a physicality/ball winning mentality that Xhaka didn't possess. Let's see if he can adapt with a fair amount of goals and attack.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

begeegs wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:14 pm
He looked good today and gave a physicality/ball winning mentality that Xhaka didn't possess. Let's see if he can adapt with a fair amount of goals and attack.
There will only be 4 or so teams that we need him to be defensive minded first, against the lesser teams where we dominate he should have a greater impact on the play than Xhaka ever did, (despite scoring a few and getting a few assists last season )

He is obviously enjoying life in the village 😉 and once he gels with the team pattens he will only improve.
One very good track back to comfortably rob a city player and snuff out the attack was impressive.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://twitter.com/DailyAFC/status/1688302308747059201

This one moment sums up why we spent so much on Rice, we have no one in the squad with this sort of engine/tenacity. Elite is a very appropriate description.

Rice is getting better with every game. I have no doubts about him being a big player for us this season.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:31 pm

This one moment sums up why we spent so much on Rice, we have no one in the squad with this sort of engine/tenacity. Elite is a very appropriate description.

Rice is getting better with every game. I have no doubts about him being a big player for us this season.

There was no doubt that rice did excellent in that clip, and I have to say that I thought that he did ok overall yesterday and the criticisim of him was harsh, but we are talking about £105m transfer fee and that chasing back clip (as good as it was) comes nowhere near justifying that transfer fee. Any decent player with the right attitude and work ethic can do that, but a £105m player needs to be a bit special imo

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:31 pm

That was the moment I was eluding to in my post above yours.

Rice has also had 2 weeks longer playing than our boys and came back later after the European triumph for wham, so is not yet up to speed, properly with fitness or his team mates.

I hope he is that missing cog, to push us on - from his talk, he is certainly excited and thinks we can go places.