Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by rodders999 »

Surprised the statue wasn’t him with a shovel and wheelbarrow to depict the time that he built the stadium single-handedly 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:57 am
Kingralph wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:52 am
Everybody got the beers in, buzzing for the England lezza World Cup match at 9:30 this morning? :barscarf:

I'll bet there was a buzzing sound coming from the changing room.
There would have to been a man in there to change the batteries though :roll: :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

There would have to been a man in there to change the batteries though

Spare pr*ck at a wedding .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:40 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:42 pm
Personally, statues of someone still alive or not really old/near deaths door just really doesn't sit right with me. As much as I love Dennis, Big Tone and Henry, they should have been given that honour later in their lives.

And Wenger shouldn't have got one until he's a few years retired from any type of football altogether :?
Agreed. The statue of a living guy thing is a bit weird.
Especially in Clive's case when the statue moves quicker and plays better than the human! (AND!!!! No Falling Over!). :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Double Click!!! :banghead:

:oops:

:goingtobed:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:09 am

Spare or Spurs??? :rubchin: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:02 am
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:09 am

Spare or Spurs??? :rubchin: :D
:lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Went to a league 2 game today and oh wow the new rule on added on time is going to cause chaos this season.
Hardly any major stoppages yet 9 mins were played at the end of the 1st half and 11 at end of 2nd half!
Match didn’t finish until 5.10pm. Ridiculous.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:43 pm
Went to a league 2 game today and oh wow the new rule on added on time is going to cause chaos this season.
Hardly any major stoppages yet 9 mins were played at the end of the 1st half and 11 at end of 2nd half!
WTF? :shock: What is the actual rule?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:49 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Not exactly sure - but the ruling came into effect for the World Cup and now it’s coming here.
Matches WILL last a lot longer.

One match yesterday had 14 mins of addded time at end of 2nd half.
But it is every match there is an issue - Barnsley we’re apparently 7-0 up and yet still they played 10 mins added on time!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Not exactly sure - but the ruling came into effect for the World Cup and now it’s coming here.
Matches WILL last a lot longer.

One match yesterday had 14 mins of addded time at end of 2nd half.
But it is every match there is an issue - Barnsley we’re apparently 7-0 up and yet still they played 10 mins added on time!
Yeah! The Time the Ball is out of play (Throw ins - Corners etc) will all be taken into account - By some fuckin' Bean Counter' who will no doubt get paid £1k a match + Travelling & Hotel Expenses.... :? :roll: :banghead:

They have also given Strict Instructions (Ooooh! Missus! :-P ) That only the team's Captain can approach the Referee any other persons/players doing so will first be given a verbal warning, then if they do so again a Yellow Card.... It'll be interesting to see how ChopsyCunts like Antony of manure and other whiney, whingingCunts do and if the Ref will actually take action - I can see now why PedoTenHaag has made That GobbyShyte Fernades captain....

:banghead: :box: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

A few seasons back it was said that there was meant to be 30 seconds added time for each substitution made - has anyone ever seen that enforced ? In last few seasons clubs have taken the piss instructing players to go down to steop the game for no apparent reason if the team is under pressure - as a match attending fan that pisses me off. Stats showed that in a football match the game is only in play on average for 54 mins - make the *word censored* play 20 mins injury time if necessary 8)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

A few seasons back it was said that there was meant to be 30 seconds added time for each substitution made - has anyone ever seen that enforced ? In last few seasons clubs have taken the piss instructing players to go down to steop the game for no apparent reason if the team is under pressure - as a match attending fan that pisses me off. Stats showed that in a football match the game is only in play on average for 54 mins - make the *word censored* play 20 mins injury time if necessary 8)
Totally agree. I've long been an advocate of an independent timekeeper and playing 2x30 minute halves with the clock only running when the ball in actually in play. Time to be displayed in the stadium.

I'd even go so far as to suggest the game doesn't end until the ball goes out of play once the full time has elapsed.

Not a fan of much in American sport but that is something I've always liked.

No "Fergue time" from referees. Everyone knows where they stand and paying fans get full value. Zero ambiguity.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:32 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Totally agree. I've long been an advocate of an independent timekeeper and playing 2x30 minute halves with the clock only running when the ball in actually in play. Time to be displayed in the stadium.

I'd even go so far as to suggest the game doesn't end until the ball goes out of play once the full time has elapsed.

Not a fan of much in American sport but that is something I've always liked.

No "Fergue time" from referees. Everyone knows where they stand and paying fans get full value. Zero ambiguity.
The first clock we had at Highbury was a 45 min clock designed to show the crowd how long left in each half.

FA had us remove it, as it pressurised referees- got replaced by the world famous ‘clock’

I agree, play 30mins of actual football, with the clock stopped each time the ball is not in play and you would get to see more actual football than most matches nowadays.

Also let the ref get the ball after each goal and him alone and walk back to the centre circle with it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The head chopper’s games will go on for a fortnight if that rule comes in 8)