Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Getting tickets

Post by arrgee »

TheBigBean wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:34 pm
The other comical moment was when he tried to argue that using mobile phones made it quicker to enter.

Anyway, I have sent the Forest game to myself and printed out a paper ticket in my name. A hassle, but hopefully less hassle than queuing up on the day.

It seems other clubs are going digital only as well. Leeds has already done it and Middlesbrough is bringing it in. Presumably others too.
I am getting there as early as I can for Forest. Was supposed to be playing in Romford until 11am, but I am not doing that and arriving 10 minutes before kick off. No chance of kick off being delayed as it is on Tv.

TheBigBean

Post by TheBigBean »

The Forest game is not on TV. At least not in the UK.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

TheBigBean wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:30 am
TNT sports ,previously BT sports are showing the forest game,now in saying that I checked Arsenal.com and they don't mention it being televised

TheBigBean

Post by TheBigBean »

You're right. Ignore me. I made the mistake of looking at the Arsenal fixtures list, but I should have known from the kick-off time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It'll be on Drogon TV. :barscarf:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

TheBigBean wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:30 am
https://www.live-footballontv.com/arsenal-on-tv.html

More accurate than Arsenal.com :-)
Sunday 6th August 2023
16:00
Manchester City v Arsenal
FA Community Shield
ITV1STVITVXSTV Player

Saturday 12th August 2023
12:30
Arsenal v Nottingham Forest
Premier League
TNT Sports 1TNT Sports Ultimate

Monday 21st August 2023
20:00
Crystal Palace v Arsenal
Premier League
Sky Sports Main EventSky Sports Premier LeagueSky Sports Ultra HDR

Sunday 3rd September 2023
16:30
Arsenal v Manchester United
Premier League

Saturday 16th September 2023
17:30
Everton v Arsenal
Premier League

Sunday 24th September 2023
14:00
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Premier League

Tuesday 5th December 2023
19:45
Luton Town v Arsenal
Premier League
Amazon Prime Video

Tuesday 26th December 2023
15:00
Arsenal v West Ham United
Premier League
Amazon Prime Video

TheBigBean

Post by TheBigBean »

That was even more of a shambles than I expected. Complete failure of the system for a while followed by failure to accept a lot of people's tickets. Those people were then let in manually, but have potentially been marked absent when it comes to the required attendance figure.

Person next to me went back at half-time to register his entry. They couldn't get the NFC reader to work on his phone, but could get the barcode that is generated by Google Pay to work. So given five minutes to play around for each person the system will eventually work.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

TheBigBean wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:50 am
That was even more of a shambles than I expected. Complete failure of the system for a while followed by failure to accept a lot of people's tickets. Those people were then let in manually, but have potentially been marked absent when it comes to the required attendance figure.

Person next to me went back at half-time to register his entry. They couldn't get the NFC reader to work on his phone, but could get the barcode that is generated by Google Pay to work. So given five minutes to play around for each person the system will eventually work.
Glad I got there early. Just in time for 2 beers for price of 1. Wouldn’t have rushed second down had I known of delay. If this was bad, wait until the home European games that start at 6pm. They won’t be delayed. Also surprised the end of the game was still broadcast at 3pm with the so called blackout. Time to scrap that anachronism and allow all Premier League games to be broadcast in UK. At least then I would have an alternative means of watching the game when I failed to get a ticket via the ballot or ticket transfer. Well, legally that is.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:07 am
TheBigBean wrote:

Glad I got there early. Just in time for 2 beers for price of 1. Wouldn’t have rushed second down had I known of delay. If this was bad, wait until the home European games that start at 6pm. They won’t be delayed. Also surprised the end of the game was still broadcast at 3pm with the so called blackout. Time to scrap that anachronism and allow all Premier League games to be broadcast in UK. At least then I would have an alternative means of watching the game when I failed to get a ticket via the ballot or ticket transfer. Well, legally that is.
I think you will find all games will be delayed if the fans are mostly outside of the ground. The police will overrule the TV companies.
The TV would be allowed to show the match at 3pm as it was nearly finished. I totally agree with the 3pm rule - it does mean more people attend the lower league matches. Next season there will be hardly any 3pm Premier League games anyway when the new TV contracts come in. This is the final year of so many 3pm games so enjoy it while it lasts.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:19 am
arrgee wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:07 am
TheBigBean wrote:

I think you will find all games will be delayed if the fans are mostly outside of the ground. The police will overrule the TV companies.
The TV would be allowed to show the match at 3pm as it was nearly finished. I totally agree with the 3pm rule - it does mean more people attend the lower league matches. Next season there will be hardly any 3pm Premier League games anyway when the new TV contracts come in. This is the final year of so many 3pm games so enjoy it while it lasts.
I was considering going to Orient after the Arsenal game but with only 30 minutes at best to get to Leyton, I didn’t bother. I’m not sure the 3pm rule makes much difference to lower leagues as people who attend are travelling when Saturday 12:30pm & 5:30pm games are on whilst those who are watching these games and going to a game will only do so in local pubs or in the ground. For my part when Arsenal play on Friday, Sunday or Monday, I do go to watch Orient if they are at home. Maybe on Saturdays as well now as I am unlikely to get tickets via the ballot, only attending this weekend thanks to a kindly season ticket holder transferring their ticket.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Due to KO time and wanting to see my new Clock End season ticket, I went into the ground when all the promotional beer offers were on.

Was surprised that early the amount of people that were in. If only they had a decent selection of beers in the ground, would do this more often. Scanned in no bother, but in hindsight going digital was always asking for trouble. What did strike me was how crap the food options are in the North Lower, seemed much better in the Upper Tier.

TheBigBean

Post by TheBigBean »

From Arsenal
Thank you once again for your patience on Saturday which saw delays at the turnstiles at our opening Premier League match of the season at Emirates Stadium.

We have completed our investigation into the cause of the problem and can confirm that a small number of technology infrastructure issues combined to create the problem.

We have put in place a number of measures to remedy the issues and will continue to do extensive testing ahead of our next match on Saturday 26 August.

As a result of this issue, we have received a small number of reports from Apple iPhone users that their Digital Pass is showing as expired in their wallet. We kindly ask that you check the Digital Pass ahead of the next game you are attending.

TheBigBean

Post by TheBigBean »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:11 am
Due to KO time and wanting to see my new Clock End season ticket, I went into the ground when all the promotional beer offers were on.

Was surprised that early the amount of people that were in. If only they had a decent selection of beers in the ground, would do this more often. Scanned in no bother, but in hindsight going digital was always asking for trouble. What did strike me was how crap the food options are in the North Lower, seemed much better in the Upper Tier.
Probably stating the obvious, but you know you can walk around and each food place has different options? None of them are great.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

TheBigBean wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:16 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Probably stating the obvious, but you know you can walk around and each food place has different options? None of them are great.
I agree about the lower tier for food.
If I have a lower tier ticket I usually go upstairs for some food first.

Better option is to eat outside the ground though

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:08 am
TheBigBean wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:16 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

I agree about the lower tier for food.
If I have a lower tier ticket I usually go upstairs for some food first.

Better option is to eat outside the ground though
I always have a good breakfast/brunch before heading to Arsenal. Bacon, eggs, sausages, black pudding, beans, mushrooms along with some fresh OJ and strong coffee. No need to eat until Tuesday after that.