ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

I thought FIFA/UEFA/theFA were putting measures in place to stop clubs getting around the FFP thing by banning 8 year contracts and any other loop holes FFS! :banghead:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:10 pm
I thought FIFA/UEFA/theFA were putting measures in place to stop clubs getting around the FFP thing by banning 8 year contracts and any other loop holes FFS! :banghead:
Clubs can still give long contract but they cannot amortise the payments over more than 5 years.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:18 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:10 pm
Clubs can still give long contract but they cannot amortise the payments over more than 5 years.

Not quite true - the premier league have yet to bring in that rule even though uefa have

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -UEFA.html

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Caicedo’s had one good season as a defensive midfielder and has broken the transfer record at 115 million.

Balogun’s had one good season, as a striker - the most highly valued and in demand position in the game and we can’t fucking give him away.

Take it in isolation, a 22 year old striker who scored 21 goals in Ligue 1 last season for a shit kicker outfit like Reims and you’re looking at a valuation of 60-80m.

Is it because we’re seen as such a banter outfit when it comes to selling players that we can’t get a serious offer for him?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Arsenal defender Gabriel is the latest big-name star to be targeted for a big-money move to Saudi Arabia. [@johncrossmirror]

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:44 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:50 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:22 pm
Chavs signing Lavia now too? Total piss take. Can anyone tell me how this is possible? Think that’s £970m spent in 12 months now :roll:
It’s partly explained by us buying Havertz for £65m apparently.

From my experience I reckon they will need to qualify for the Champions League and also flog a boatload of players next summer in order to comply with FFP. Although if they fail it then they will pay a fine :lol: or they will have a transfer ban which will have no effect as they have stockpiled about a decades worth of players. :lol: :lol:
Another 8 year contract for Caicedo. If all these deals don’t bang they’re left with a lot of shit on the books for the rest of this decade on huge money.

You would think that if they fail to make the CL after that kind of outlay it would be fatal but for a team that’s spent just shy of a billion quid in 3 windows could anything possibly be fatal?

FFP really levelling the playing field I see :roll:

Two words: Winston Bogarde.

Please, let it happen.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The last time they ran up a 2 billion pound debt it was allowed to be written off.

A fucking toxic, cheating, despicable shower of shit is all they are :twisted:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Chavs signing Lavia now too? Total piss take. Can anyone tell me how this is possible? Think that’s £970m spent in 12 months now :roll:

From my experience I reckon they will need to qualify for the Champions League and also flog a boatload of players next summer in order to comply with FFP. Although if they fail it then they will pay a fine :lol: or they will have a transfer ban which will have no effect as they have stockpiled about a decades worth of players. :lol: :lol:
Another 8 year contract for Caicedo. If all these deals don’t bang they’re left with a lot of shit on the books for the rest of this decade on huge money.

You would think that if they fail to make the CL after that kind of outlay it would be fatal but for a team that’s spent just shy of a billion quid in 3 windows could anything possibly be fatal?

It makes you wonder if part of the issue is a fear of other clubs buying talent, which was exactly the chavs tactic when Abramovich first bought the club. They hovered up anyone that a competitor was interested in. They did it a few times to Utd, who virtually had the players signature when Chelsea would swoop in and nick the player. From memory Robben was one and there was another who'd actually signed a contract at Utd and then claimed he didn't know what he was signing and he fucked off to the chavs. I think they had to pay some compensation to Utd, but can't remember exactly.

Anyway, that's what I think happened with Mudryk...I doubt they were originally after him, but once we were making a move, they jumped in. Same with Caicedo. Their centre midfield looked ok yesterday, so having bought Caicedo and Lavia, fuck knows where they'll all play. There'll be a few players getting pissed off sitting on the bench.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are currently focused on outgoings, with Kieran Tierney among the players set to leave. The expectation, despite Jurrien Timber’s injury, is for Tierney to be sold provided the club receive a suitable fee. Arsenal would look to replace Tierney if he were to leave, particularly given Timber’s injury, with Manchester City’s Joao Cancelo a known target. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:44 pm
Arsenal are currently focused on outgoings, with Kieran Tierney among the players set to leave. The expectation, despite Jurrien Timber’s injury, is for Tierney to be sold provided the club receive a suitable fee. Arsenal would look to replace Tierney if he were to leave, particularly given Timber’s injury, with Manchester City’s Joao Cancelo a known target. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

I can get behind that!

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:44 pm

A manager who has issues dealing with players who have opinions, signing a guy whose attitude couldnt be controlled be best manager in the world ? Recipe for disaster even though I do like him as a player

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

It makes you wonder if part of the issue is a fear of other clubs buying talent, which was exactly the chavs tactic when Abramovich first bought the club. They hovered up anyone that a competitor was interested in. They did it a few times to Utd, who virtually had the players signature when Chelsea would swoop in and nick the player. From memory Robben was one and there was another who'd actually signed a contract at Utd and then claimed he didn't know what he was signing and he fucked off to the chavs. I think they had to pay some compensation to Utd, but can't remember exactly.

Anyway, that's what I think happened with Mudryk...I doubt they were originally after him, but once we were making a move, they jumped in. Same with Caicedo. Their centre midfield looked ok yesterday, so having bought Caicedo and Lavia, fuck knows where they'll all play. There'll be a few players getting pissed off sitting on the bench.
Yes. I'm sure that was John Obi Mikel. The Mancs even released PR photos of him after signing wearing their shirt, if memory serves me right.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:23 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Yes. I'm sure that was John Obi Mikel. The Mancs even released PR photos of him after signing wearing their shirt, if memory serves me right.

Yep, that’s it Clummo, bang on, it was Mikel.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If the Saudi's want to offer us north of 65m for Gabriel then I would bite their arm off!

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:57 pm
If the Saudi's want to offer us north of 65m for Gabriel then I would bite their arm off!
Although he's played some good games he can also be a liability and make silly errors. I wouldn't be sorry to see him go but would be sorry if we didn't replace him.