Getting tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Getting tickets

Post by Stuart L (2) »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:40 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:08 am
TheBigBean wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:16 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:11 am
Due to KO time and wanting to see my new Clock End season ticket, I went into the ground when all the promotional beer offers were on.

Was surprised that early the amount of people that were in. If only they had a decent selection of beers in the ground, would do this more often. Scanned in no bother, but in hindsight going digital was always asking for trouble. What did strike me was how crap the food options are in the North Lower, seemed much better in the Upper Tier.
Probably stating the obvious, but you know you can walk around and each food place has different options? None of them are great.
I agree about the lower tier for food.
If I have a lower tier ticket I usually go upstairs for some food first.

Better option is to eat outside the ground though
I always have a good breakfast/brunch before heading to Arsenal. Bacon, eggs, sausages, black pudding, beans, mushrooms along with some fresh OJ and strong coffee. Can’t manage to shit until Tuesday after that.

:shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:40 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
TheBigBean wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Due to KO time and wanting to see my new Clock End season ticket, I went into the ground when all the promotional beer offers were on.

Was surprised that early the amount of people that were in. If only they had a decent selection of beers in the ground, would do this more often. Scanned in no bother, but in hindsight going digital was always asking for trouble. What did strike me was how crap the food options are in the North Lower, seemed much better in the Upper Tier.
Probably stating the obvious, but you know you can walk around and each food place has different options? None of them are great.

I always have a good breakfast/brunch before heading to Arsenal. Bacon, eggs, sausages, black pudding, beans, mushrooms along with some fresh OJ and strong coffee. No need to eat until Tuesday after that.
:high5: Good Old Skool Brekkies that! Do you have Holy Ghost as well?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

TheBigBean wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

When you are sat in one area of the ground with mates you are not going to wade your way around the ground to find an acceptable food outlet, are you? Especially in the Lower tier which is rammed an hour before the game and there isn't much room to move in your own block area let alone around the whole concourse. The upper tier is slightly better, but its like comparing shite with slightly less shite for both food and beer. Even club Level isn't brilliant unless you have a restaurant booked.

And normally, we do eat outside the ground just 12:30 KO screws up plans with people coming from all over. There's a cracking kebab place called Noa in Highbury that serves Efes, miles better than the pish you get inside will be in there pre Fulham.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Not been in since covid. My ST goes to a group of mates.

Is the beer still pissy lager or cider offered up by morons and the food gross burger, hot dog, chicken, passable pizza, and pie? Anything else I've missed.

Hate to say but by all accounts the new swamp toilet is so much better per my scum ST mates and work associates. Appreciate its much newer but the Emirates was a bit of a missed opportunity imo and the apparent complete lack of ability to expand othrt than making seats narrower is either shortsighted or should have been a showstopper for moving there if council rules.

The fact we had to pay for all thr infrastructure whereas dirty Joe scammed the local authority to pay and the shammers got the tax man to pay still grates.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:40 pm

Is the beer still pissy lager or cider offered up by morons and the food gross burger, hot dog, chicken, passable pizza, and pie? Anything else I've missed.

Hate to say but by all accounts the new swamp toilet is so much better per my scum ST mates and work associates. Appreciate its much newer but the Emirates was a bit of a missed opportunity imo and the apparent complete lack of ability to expand othrt than making seats narrower is either shortsighted or should have been a showstopper for moving there if council rules.

The fact we had to pay for all thr infrastructure whereas dirty Joe scammed the local authority to pay and the shammers got the tax man to pay still grates.
We really did get fucked over to build the Conglomerates Stadium didn't we? But hey yeah you know old Arsene was an economics genius and all that wasn't he...... :roll:

nut flush gooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:45 am

We really did get fucked over to build the Conglomerates Stadium didn't we? But hey yeah you know old Arsene was an economics genius and all that wasn't he...... :roll:
Tbh it's not the stadium it's the suppliers. By all accounts, the food at the shithole is supposed to be decent. Not a reason to visit though unless we are playing!

nut flush gooner

It's Camden Hells lager, which I am told is half decent outside of the Emirates. But I can't stand gassy lager so a couple of pints is my limit inside the ground, hate that bloated feeling.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:40 pm

It's Camden Hells lager, which I am told is half decent outside of the Emirates. But I can't stand gassy lager so a couple of pints is my limit inside the ground, hate that bloated feeling.
Something we can agree on :shock: :barscarf:

Not a fan of Camden hells. Sold out. But then I'm a cask man as my young palate matures into middle age.

The scum beer is brewed on site apparently and the most interesting thing is the way it fills up from the bottom but is apparently no great shakes. The food though is meant to be decent offering. Still hope it burns down.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Any beer in a plastic glass is shit. When you have imbeciles pouring it you are going to struggle. The only time I drink it is if it’s on an offer.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
TheBigBean wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

what food is available in the upper tier ?
is there lift access from the lower tier or only stairs?
im in block eight lower tier
tia

YorkshireGunner

Post by YorkshireGunner »

With Getting Tickets becoming harder to obtain & The lottery of the ballots this season
I wanted to reach out to Any Gooners In the North of England that struggle to get to games or obtain Tickets

I Have had a couple of seasons tickets since Covid and Had 3 or 4 Northern Gooners That I took to games with me
We would share the drive and fuel costs and they paid the Cat price for the game in question.
This Season however
I have had one go abroad to live
one has had a kid and the missus put her foot down
and one other whos work pattern has changed

Which is why I want to offer someone the chance to go down to Home games with Me
if you Can drive are over 25 (insurance) and can meet up in Yorkshire and want to go regularly Then please get in touch

If someone genuinely wants to go and not cherry pick fixtures
I can also offer you an away fixture after every home fixture you attend

I am on the trusted sellers List COYG :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

YorkshireGunner wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:01 am
With Getting Tickets becoming harder to obtain & The lottery of the ballots this season
I wanted to reach out to Any Gooners In the North of England that struggle to get to games or obtain Tickets

I Have had a couple of seasons tickets since Covid and Had 3 or 4 Northern Gooners That I took to games with me
We would share the drive and fuel costs and they paid the Cat price for the game in question.
This Season however
I have had one go abroad to live
one has had a kid and the missus put her foot down
and one other whos work pattern has changed

Which is why I want to offer someone the chance to go down to Home games with Me
if you Can drive are over 25 (insurance) and can meet up in Yorkshire and want to go regularly Then please get in touch

If someone genuinely wants to go and not cherry pick fixtures
I can also offer you an away fixture after every home fixture you attend

I am on the trusted sellers List COYG :barscarf:
I would recommend you set up a whatsapp group for selling tickets, using forums is a bit clunky and obviously not realtime. I did this during COVID mainly to get all my mates who support Arsenal watching games together when we couldn't go to the ground, that has evolved with the group growing to 17 now. We have a pool of season tickets that we offer to non-Gold Members where there are spares, and it's turned into a big social group too. All tickets get sold, which helps the season ticket holders, and fans who would struggle to get tickets under the new ticketing system also have a chance to get to games.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The way the team is playing right now having a ballot is laughable.
I certainly can’t be bothered to go through the hassle of applying whilst the manager plays Havertz week in week out.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:11 am
The way the team is playing right now having a ballot is laughable.
I certainly can’t be bothered to go through the hassle of applying whilst the manager plays Havertz week in week out.
Will be interesting see how much more likely it is to get tickets as the season goes on. Down at 22% silver and 7% red for Spurs game, but come January the percentages could be up to nearer 50%. However as it stands, looks like I won’t be at Arsenal Stadium for a while now my brother in law is back from his vacation. Have to encourage my sister to have a few mini-breaks this season…

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

anyone had their pass updated for todays game ?