Manure H Sun 3rd Sept KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Manure H Sun 3rd Sept KO 430pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:21 pm
Worst manure team in years and I am still worried about this game - take a bow legohead :evil: :censored: :censored:

Reality is that if we go back to the line up from last season with white at rb and gabriel at centre back, then we probably beat them even with the german dud in the line up - however if we stick with partey at right back then I am sticking money on a rashford hat-trick cos he will rape us down that wing.

A proper manager would realise by now what s working and what isnt and would reinstate Gabriel instead of havertz, but I am not expecting that to be the case - I am beyond depressed that this game is worrying me cos they are shite, but we are not going in a good direction ourselves right now and the manager has to change that

score draw imo
You'll soon cheer up when you see Shaw/Reguillon, Maguire and Lindelof roll into town, with fatboy Casemiro plodding around in front of them.

We'll probably be a bit shit at the back too, but not as bad as them. Could actually see this being 4-2 or something even crazier

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If IF There are 6 gaols SteveO - It'll be Arsenal 5 and 1 for the Pedo's Lepers.

#COYFG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I'd be disappointed if we don't win this ,but I've feeling we'll make them look like peak Barcelona, if we can just not give away a goal early I might feel more confident ,individual errors are costing us ,so I suggest no back passes to Ramsdale for at least 90 mins :lol:

On a side note for some reason I expect Raya to be the No1 before the season ends

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Based on our first 3 matches I would take a draw now.
If Arteta shows some tactical awareness…. :rubchin: We can win this though

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:24 pm
Based on our first 3 matches I would take a draw now.
If Arteta shows some tactical awareness…. :rubchin: We can win this though

Yeah, if Partey plays at RB Rashford will eat him for Starters, Main Course and Dessert. :?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

"Come on without, come on within, you'll not see nothing like the mighty Jim",

I was in my late teens then and we sang , You aint seen nothing like Fumbling Jim.

There was a gallows type humour on the North Bank in those days , but unlike today's vitriol the humour was generally light hearted with self deprecation.

Today the fan base has a sense of entitlement and it is quite noticeable that even after a few games this year the atmosphere is not the same as last year .

The worm is turning.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need Ben White to play at RB

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:36 am
"Come on without, come on within, you'll not see nothing like the mighty Jim",

I was in my late teens then and we sang , You aint seen nothing like Fumbling Jim.

There was a gallows type humour on the North Bank in those days , but unlike today's vitriol the humour was generally light hearted with self deprecation.

Today the fan base has a sense of entitlement and it is quite noticeable that even after a few games this year the atmosphere is not the same as last year .

The worm is turning.
Similar to whoops- a -daisy Martin Hayesy , tra la la la la la

He had a right purple patch but we all knew he wasn’t great, but gave it his all

I think the fanbase expected an improvement for the £200m spent, which has yet to be seen - let’s do it v the Mancs eh :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Partey not named in Ghana squad for next week's international break.

Ghana national team statement: “Thomas Partey is left out of the squad due to injury. According to his club, the player picked up an injury in training & could be on the sidelines for a while, however the Black Stars medical team is monitoring the situation.”

Rumours are of a hamstring problem.

John F

Post by John F »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:13 pm
Partey not named in Ghana squad for next week's international break.

Ghana national team statement: “Thomas Partey is left out of the squad due to injury. According to his club, the player picked up an injury in training & could be on the sidelines for a while, however the Black Stars medical team is monitoring the situation.”

Rumours are of a hamstring problem.
I get the feeling this is going to be one of those seasons. No right back for Arteta then unless he plays an actual right back there.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

No problem we can bring in Holding or Tierney…..oh….

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I hear 3 months or a few weeks with Parteys injury :lol:

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

Partey was pictured in training today, apparently it was just an impact injury. But it's a game against the big 6 which means nobody is surprised when he's announced as injured

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:36 pm
I hear 3 months or a few weeks with Parteys injury :lol:

Will it be less with good behaviour ? :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:01 pm