Bournemouth A Sat 30th Sept KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Bournemouth A Sat 30th Sept KO 3pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

William Saliba, Bukayo Saka and Declan Rice arrived with the rest of the Arsenal squad in Bournemouth this evening.

[via @FPLTommyGun].

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'd rather he didn't play Saka or Rice until the City game tbh, try to make sure they are fit for the big one!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Tricky one for Arteta to manage if players are borderline fit, play it safe and drop points or go strong and risk longer term injuries.

He needs to prove himself here, by the sounds of it none, other than Timber, are long term at the moment, although Partey will probably end up getting injured again before Xmas 🙄, just before we can sell him in January.

I would guess he'll probably have a strong bench rather than starting Rice, Saka etc. and hope we don't need them. Real banana skin today.

Tired of scrappy narrow wins but will have to settle for another today I think.

wibble

Post by wibble »

I reckon our starting lineup will be; Raya, Zinchenko, Gabriel, tomiyasu, white, Jorginho, Havertz, odegaard, Nelson, Jesus, nketiah

Like others have said it’s a balance between resting the likes of Saka for other games coming up but having enough to win todays game. We’d have a strong bench at least if needed!
I’d rather he started ESR ahead of Havertz but that won’t happen. A shame for Trossard that he was doing well and then gets injured when he’d have been guaranteed a start with our other injuries.
I think it will be a close game today

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:41 am
Tricky one for Arteta to manage if players are borderline fit, play it safe and drop points or go strong and risk longer term injuries.

He needs to prove himself here, by the sounds of it none, other than Timber, are long term at the moment, although Partey will probably end up getting injured again before Xmas 🙄, just before we can sell him in January.

I would guess he'll probably have a strong bench rather than starting Rice, Saka etc. and hope we don't need them. Real banana skin today.

Tired of scrappy narrow wins but will have to settle for another today I think.

Imo today's game is far more important, and tougher game, than the lens game is - if players are capabale of playing one game but not both, then today is the game they play. Bournemouth are a poor team no doubt, but their form recently has been decent tbf, and they are the "in your faces" type of banana skin team that we struggle with - score first and I would be confident of a comfortable win, but the longer it stays scoreless (or god forbid we go behind) then I would be worried about our bottle jobs

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:30 am
I reckon our starting lineup will be; Raya, Zinchenko, Gabriel, tomiyasu, white, Jorginho, Havertz, odegaard, Nelson, Jesus, nketiah

Like others have said it’s a balance between resting the likes of Saka for other games coming up but having enough to win todays game. We’d have a strong bench at least if needed!
I’d rather he started ESR ahead of Havertz but that won’t happen. A shame for Trossard that he was doing well and then gets injured when he’d have been guaranteed a start with our other injuries.
I think it will be a close game today
Even with that line-up we should be able to beat them... 'should' being the appropriate term.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The team sheet will dictate the girth of my pre kick off log.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

1 - 0 to the Arsenal again please - but I'm not holding my breath with this line up. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Trossard Vieira also with squad.

Think we will have a strong team and bench find out in a couple mins

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Full Arsenal XI:

David Raya (GK), William Saliba, Ben White, Gabriel Magalhães, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard (C), Kai Havertz, Declan Rice, Gabriel Jesus, Eddie Nketiah.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

They have risen :barscarf: :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Strong line up. Hope we’re not risking rice and Saka but good to see it’s not serious injuries to them or Saliba

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nice to see Nketiah has been rewarded with a place in the team after his magnificent performance last Sunday :roll:

Good to see the team mascot Havertz back for his weekend walk too :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:00 pm
🚨Full Arsenal XI:

David Raya (GK), William Saliba, Ben White, Gabriel Magalhães, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard (C), Kai Havertz, Declan Rice, Gabriel Jesus, Eddie Nketiah.

If Havertz doesn't deliver a Proper and Much Warranted performance today he can Fuck-Right-Off!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:16 pm
Nice to see Nketiah has been rewarded with a place in the team after his magnificent performance last Sunday :roll:

Good to see the team mascot Havertz back for his weekend walk too :barscarf:
:lol:

And there's me thinking a 'Performance' involved making some kind of effort!