Chavs FB A Saturday 21st October KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Chavs FB A Saturday 21st October KO 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:16 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:40 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:59 pm
I was going mental screaming at the tv for a penalty at the time cos it really was that obvious, BUT now two days later this issue will be used to deflect away from yet another shambolic performance this season, and that frustrates me

I was told today that el basque went all wenger/cantona in his post match press conference when he was questioned about selecting raya over ramsdale recently, and he supposedly responded with some waffle about waves in the sea or some shit like that - anyone else hear about that ? :? :oops: :oops:
Haven't heard it and don't want to either but Raya is probably the safest player in the team right now because in his desire to always be right, Arteta doesn't have the humility to relegate the new Almunia to the bench. In a funny way the more shit he is, the more he will play him !

Personally Steve O I still think that raya is only a small part of our current problems, and I also think that he is to some degree being hung out to dry by the gutless c.unts in front of him who keep passing back to him instead of being braver on the ball, however if I was picking the team for tomorrow night then I would drop him and bring Ramsdale back in - that being said, we have both said numerous times that the french cock is el basque's mentor so I fully expect him to be as stubborn as he was and continue to keep faith with raya :roll: Honestly I continue to say this but I feel really sorry for both of our keepers cos they have both been put in an impossible situation - if ramsdale does get his place back he will be under instant pressure through no fault of his own, and as soon as he makes a fcuk up or two (and that is in his locker too), then straight away the calls will come to reinstate raya :roll:
The defenders aren't to blame for Raya's shitness - trust me. Watching just about every PL team now, defenders frequently play their keepers in - this Vermin v Fulham game is another example and both of these keepers are way better than Raya is too. In any event, it was his wonderful kicking stats that were supposedly one of his biggest attributes :banghead: In all honesty his shitness is probably causing panic in the backline and it reminds me of when we had Flapper in goal and the CBs were visibly nervous. Saliba in his first season in English football looked unflappable but now with that fucking clown behind him he looks a bag of nerves

I do agree with this unnecessary nonsense situation though where both are under extreme pressure. I said at the time, on a list of problems we had to address Ramsdale wouldn't even make the first page. We've got a CB playing RB and he's there because Tomiyasu is so unimaginably shit that he'd rather have White out of position. We've spoken about Zinchenko already. Up front we have fuck all option, whilst injury prone Partey means we've bugger all cover for Rice.

Where on earth a second regular keeper features on the list is beyond me

Gunner Rob

Re: Chavs FB A Saturday 21st October KO 1730

Post by Gunner Rob »

I was speaking to a Brentford season ticket holder yesterday.
He couldn’t believe that Arsenal spent £30 million on Raya.

I said he could have him back - he said that he much prefers the new keeper they have got.