Wolves wankstains H Sat Dec 2nd KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Wolves wankstains H Sat Dec 2nd KO 3pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:31 pm
Being up the front has its advantages because there were 2 fine looking women amongst the dance troupe and any time they were lifted up in the air or did some dance moves I could see the outline of their growlers which met with my approval 8)

:lol: :lol:
I’ve never been to a pantomime and have never regretted it for a moment….until now.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Watched MOTD with a few cans of suds, old school style, and we should never have been in a situation where that result was in doubt going down the stretch.

Zinchenko’s brain takes too long to engage when he’s in those tight spots at the edge of his box, takes an extra touch too many times and he gets robbed. That’s not good enough and you can see why Tomi starts the big games there ahead of him (and Timber would have been another option).

Trademark Odegaard finish cutting it back into the bottom corner, good to see him back amongst the goals. Saka with another coming nicely into form too.

Just need to navigate our way though December, the insane schedule will throw up some surprise results for every club, we just got to make sure we’re not on the end of too many of them.

Crazy that they had 3 boring as fuck international breaks already completely disrupting the flow of the season and then fire in 8 games in December. Bullshit.

Let’s hope we can come out unscathed from that but every club is going to suffer injuries from that kind of run.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Zinchenko has no danger radar. Rice does. Partey doesn’t. Saliba does. We need to rid the squad of these clowns.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:36 am
Zinchenko has no danger radar. Rice does. Partey doesn’t. Saliba does. We need to rid the squad of these clowns.
yes you was right about wolves scoring.....the last 10 mins we looked drained

As for zinchenko often think he would be more suited to a midfield role....his passing can be good as per the Odergaard goal....but defending he is lost...poor tackler no postional sense, and as you say not aware of danger

As for Rice wherever there is danger....Hes there.....ready to snuff it out.....been incredibly impressed by the fella.....hes top class

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Being up the front has its advantages because there were 2 fine looking women amongst the dance troupe and any time they were lifted up in the air or did some dance moves I could see the outline of their growlers which met with my approval 8)

:lol: :lol:
I’ve never been to a pantomime and have never regretted it for a moment….until now.
Ohhhh! Noooo You Haven't. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
:lol:

In that case Rodders you Must go and see "Cats" the musical... Because there are numerous occasions when the (female) dancers are lifted into the air for extended periods of time in a Box Splits; that's when their legs go akimbo to both sides and cough! cough! All is revealed through those rice paper thin leotards. :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've tried to be fair to Zinchenko, because he's clearly a good technical footballer, but it's hard to deny that he's a liability in defence. Cost us a goal yesterday and could have cost us at least one more and plenty on here were screaming about him during the game and were proven right.

This obsession with an inverted full back isn't helping his positional play and no doubt it encourages him to try to do too much on the ball, rather than putting defending first. That said, I doubt that he'd be effective if played as a conventional full back, because he isn't a natural defender and it's hard to remember him actually tackling anybody.

As others have said, he's more suited to a midfield role and I'd certainly be willing to play him in the space that Havertz occupies, although I'd be happy to give Trossard a proper run in that position (I've given up thinking about playing ESR there, because that won't happen even if he were fit).

The trouble is, he's one of Arteta's boys and if Timber were fit, I suspect El Basque would drop Tomi (who's been playing well lately) and play Timber and Zinchenko as his full backs.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bang smack on the Nail Retro.

Sadly it looks like we are stuck with Zinchenko in that position; though Tomi is a huge improvement and so have White as RB. I hadn't considered that if Timber were fit & playing Arteta might still play Zinchenko and drop Tomi; which is the most likely thing to happen what with Arteta having his core of favourites.

As for ESR he has no future at Arsenal which is criminal.

I guess we'll find out when Timber is back fully fit & playing (probably the end of the season, but most likely next season).

Strange how Arteta is very good at something's but totally blind in other areas, mostly down to his arrogance.