ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:36 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 pm
Good to see the ladies team taking more hard-earned funds from the men’s team in order to complete a transfer today. I wonder if they could lend merkin-head Russo or Mead to play up front?[/b]
I think we've got enough Vadges playing in the team already mate, with the likes of [Odeargod, Vieira, Kiwior and Cedric. :wink:
I think Mead and Russo probably have larger cocks than any of those lot
surprised no mention of that useless fucker havertz...(£330K a week :banghead:) really cant remember anyone as bad as that *word censored*

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

he needs to sign a proven goalscorer...physical and good in the air...someone who can lead the line

no more lightweight spanish midfielders...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I wanna be inside Leah Williamson :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:12 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:36 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 pm
Good to see the ladies team taking more hard-earned funds from the men’s team in order to complete a transfer today. I wonder if they could lend merkin-head Russo or Mead to play up front?[/b]
I think we've got enough Vadges playing in the team already mate, with the likes of [Odeargod, Vieira, Kiwior and Cedric AND Of Course Havertz. :wink:
I think Mead and Russo probably have larger cocks than any of those lot
surprised no mention of that useless fucker havertz...(£330K a week :banghead:) really cant remember anyone as bad as that *word censored*
Sorry Red how on earth could I forget the Biggest Vadge in the Squad! :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:50 pm
I wanna be inside Leah Williamson :barscarf:
Just for you Rodders :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: It'll do you no good Rodders apparently she's into Vadge... So unless you become a Lesbian your chances are Zilch. :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:03 pm
ps: It'll do you no good Rodders apparently she's into Vadge... So unless you become a Lesbian your chances are Zilch. :?
I am a huge advocate for the lesbians OB so there shall be no issue there. Stunning woman. I’d be up and down that all night. Superb.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:42 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:03 pm
I am a huge advocate for the lesbians OB so there shall be no issue there. Stunning woman. I’d be up and down that all night. Superb.
Me Too! Especially if I can join in or watch :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

My 2 neighbours are lesbians ,it was my birthday the other day,they asked want did i want as a present ,I said I wanna watch,nice rolex but not what I meant 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:20 pm
My 2 neighbours are lesbians ,it was my birthday the other day,they asked want did i want as a present ,I said I wanna watch,nice rolex but not what I meant 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:09 pm
The rumours around us signing Onana are persisting, don't know if there is any truth to them. BUT if it is true that we are trying to sign him or another player for Midfield or Defence, then it would mean Arteta has no intention of signing the Striker we so desperately Need. :?
The hope here is that we bin of that c.unt Partey to Saudi and use that cash for Onana. That would be a great deal.

Then bin off a few others to raise cash for a striker, rumours of El Neny, Ramsdale, ESR, Eddie and Nelson possibly departing, Sell the fucking lot of em I say :twisted:

So the problem is the players not the manager then ? Personally I wouldnt give the c.unt another penny to spend - we'd only end up with another havertz or zinchenko or jesus or some shite like that :oops: He has had enough backing for now, so lets see him make something out of what he has got and maybe justify the 700m he has spent so far :roll:
I never said that you naughty naughty boy. Like when anything goes wrong it's a combination of issues and the manager definitely has to take his share of the blame but I'm not leaving the players off the hook here either no fucking way. A player's form can dip throughout the season but for all of them to bomb at the same time with nobody seemingly capable of stepping up to the plate? Piss poor out of them. And to make things wirse the exact same thing happened at the tail end of last season.

I got to thinking recently about the 2002 double run in where for whatever reason be it a loss of form or players froze down the stretch with the finish line in sight a lot of our big players just weren't doing the business. Except for one - Freddie. He scored goal after goal after goal on the way home each one more important than the last culminating in the involvement in the Wiltord goal that clinched the league at OT and that screamer in the cup final in Cardiff against the chavs. He dragged that team across the finish line almost single handedly when others had got missing.

Who the fuck would you bet the house on doing that in the current team? Saka bombed, Martinelli bombed, Odegaard bombed, Jesus bombed. Nobody stepping up.....weak.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think you make a very valid point there Rodders

"for all of them to bomb at the same time with nobody seemingly capable of stepping up to the plate? Piss poor out of them"

For me there are only 3 players who have any credit in the bank at the moment and they are (Not unsurprisingly) Saliba, Gabriel and Rice (*). And even they have been 'affected' by the recent plummet in the collective form.

And as you say

"it's a combination of issues and the manager definitely has to take his share of the blame" But most definitely the players should Not be let "off the hook"

For the whole team/squad to suddenly turn to shyte literally overnight (for me) says that something is most definitely not right in the Set-up, Process call it what you will.

(*) There are still those who say £105Million for Rice was too much, but when compared (if 2 players from different teams being sold to different clubs can be compared) then firstly he looks like a good buy compared to Caicedo (£108Million), he has hit the ground running and if it wasn't for him we would be Mid-table.

edit: I would also suggest that Arteta's decision to bring in Raya was Wrong... and that too has contributed to the unsettling or dis-harmony within the squad. I am not saying Rambo is Good enough if we are to challenge for the title, but there is little difference between the two AND he definitely contributes to the "energy and mood" of the team more than Raya appears to.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

About time Edu got us the next big thing from Brazil, we were linked with Marcos Leonardo who's gone to Benfica, that wonder kid Estevao is linked heavily with Chavski, if he can't get us the best talent out of his homeland then he's not all that great a DoF really..?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:23 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:09 pm
The rumours around us signing Onana are persisting, don't know if there is any truth to them. BUT if it is true that we are trying to sign him or another player for Midfield or Defence, then it would mean Arteta has no intention of signing the Striker we so desperately Need. :?
The hope here is that we bin of that c.unt Partey to Saudi and use that cash for Onana. That would be a great deal.

Then bin off a few others to raise cash for a striker, rumours of El Neny, Ramsdale, ESR, Eddie and Nelson possibly departing, Sell the fucking lot of em I say :twisted:

So the problem is the players not the manager then ? Personally I wouldnt give the c.unt another penny to spend - we'd only end up with another havertz or zinchenko or jesus or some shite like that :oops: He has had enough backing for now, so lets see him make something out of what he has got and maybe justify the 700m he has spent so far :roll:
I never said that you naughty naughty boy. Like when anything goes wrong it's a combination of issues and the manager definitely has to take his share of the blame but I'm not leaving the players off the hook here either no fucking way. A player's form can dip throughout the season but for all of them to bomb at the same time with nobody seemingly capable of stepping up to the plate? Piss poor out of them. And to make things wirse the exact same thing happened at the tail end of last season.

I got to thinking recently about the 2002 double run in where for whatever reason be it a loss of form or players froze down the stretch with the finish line in sight a lot of our big players just weren't doing the business. Except for one - Freddie. He scored goal after goal after goal on the way home each one more important than the last culminating in the involvement in the Wiltord goal that clinched the league at OT and that screamer in the cup final in Cardiff against the chavs. He dragged that team across the finish line almost single handedly when others had got missing.

Who the fuck would you bet the house on doing that in the current team? Saka bombed, Martinelli bombed, Odegaard bombed, Jesus bombed. Nobody stepping up.....weak.
I think you are forgetting one other player who was the main supplier of assists for many of those goals...... :box: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Very true DB - Bergkamp was god, it blew my mind watching that man play football, an artist on grass. I worship the ground that man walks on and you’ll never hear a single word of criticism about him outta me.

And absolutely he created a lot of those chances for Freddie to tuck away (I must dig out that season review DVD some evening and just smile my way through it with a few cans). Those were some fucking glorious days, man I miss them.

I suppose my point is, it’s not like there’s a shortage of chances being created currently, it’s just that there’s no c.unt capable of putting any of them away (as the 1 goal from 61 attempts stat testifies :oops: )