Barcodes H Sat 24th Feb KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Barcodes H Sat 24th Feb KO 8pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Can I just ask: Is anyone else really fucking Hungover? :cry: :oops:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Justice. Newcastle woeful this season and Gordon a horrible ugly scouse *word censored*.

Willocks fluke upset me unduly as wanted a clean sheet.

We are beating the fodder which is good.

Again as much as I dislike him and his glaring misses and general poor play will cost us, havertz does seem to cause oppo problems, probably unintended so an enigma playing him.

Real test will be Porto should sweep them aside.

Why bring Eddie on? Yes rest players but may as well bring a kid on. Eddie is no better, has no future, and there's no argument about keeping him sharp as he will be needed at some point, as he won't as he's shit and offers nothing that a kid couldn't.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What I really dislike about Eddie, not just that he's championship level.......but when he comes on, he never busts a gut to be a nuisance even, he trots around like it's a warm down exercise unless he's running onto a through ball. Lazy lazy bastard.
As Stuart said, when the likes of Saka, Martinelli etc go off and we trot out Nelson, Eddie etc the levels drop like a stone and it's fucking difficult to watch the contrast. At least with Trossard and ESR there's some class in there and they are valid squad members but Nelson, Eddie, Cedric, Mo Elneny etc........so so poor.

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:42 pm
What I really dislike about Eddie, not just that he's championship level.......but when he comes on, he never busts a gut to be a nuisance even, he trots around like it's a warm down exercise unless he's running onto a through ball. Lazy lazy bastard.
As Stuart said, when the likes of Saka, Martinelli etc go off and we trot out Nelson, Eddie etc the levels drop like a stone and it's fucking difficult to watch the contrast. At least with Trossard and ESR there's some class in there and they are valid squad members but Nelson, Eddie, Cedric, Mo Elneny etc........so so poor.
That's where we have to improve. The only ones off the bench worth anything are Trossard & ESR.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Midz wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:41 am
Just watched MOTD. Ian Wright is brilliant. He cracked me up saying that he was still available if we need him. :D
Wrighty in his prime would score fucking hatfulls in this team. If we had the equivalent of IWWW now we would win the league, of that I have no doubt.
Instead we have Haveashit and the Lazy Feather up front :cussing:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A great evening's entertainment - the Spurs of the North disappeared back to their shithole without so much as a whimper.....where was that fervent away support we've heard so much about? Bunch of c.unts - back to being shite again after a brief flirtation with being half decent.....back where you belong gimps and Ant n Dec can go fuck themselves too

The team are in one of those Wenger type runs at the moment - swatting teams aside for fun, scoring goals, creating chances, everyone seems to be enjoying their footbal. Dare I whisper Calendar Year Champions as nobody has started 2024 better than us!

As we've said elsewhere, all of this has been done before and I've got one eye on 1st April as the date when all the questions of the past 20 years will be raised again. We all hope and pray this team can defy all of that, but we've also had our hopes dashed too many times to expect that!

Just enjoying the football like this while it lasts - no handbrakes, no special circumstances and no little bit dropped physically!

Oh....and one more time....fuck off you no mark Geordie c.unts and enjoy being shit as you have been for almost my entire lifetime!

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

TeeCee wrote:
Hi newbie here,

Yes I have to agree mate. Eddie is only in the side because he came through hale end. Even in recent games when our opponents have been mentally demolished and defeated the moment he comes on our entire goal threat as a team evaporates. The ball just doesn’t stick when we try and move it forward. I’m a season ticket holder and found his cameo againest the geordies baffling. Messing about on the left flank and you are 100% right he’s lazy too.

I can’t think of a striker we’ve had that has got the number minutes Eddie has for Arsenal. yet been such a bad player. If Havertz, Trossard and Jesus all got injured I’d rather do something weird like try Martinelli up top or even try something weird like ESR as a false 9 than play Eddie who is shocking. Staggered we turned down 40 odd million from palace for him.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:37 am
TeeCee wrote:
Hi newbie here,

Yes I have to agree mate. Eddie is only in the side because he came through hale end. Even in recent games when our opponents have been mentally demolished and defeated the moment he comes on our entire goal threat as a team evaporates. The ball just doesn’t stick when we try and move it forward. I’m a season ticket holder and found his cameo againest the geordies baffling. Messing about on the left flank and you are 100% right he’s lazy too.

I can’t think of a striker we’ve had that has got the number minutes Eddie has for Arsenal. yet been such a bad player. If Havertz, Trossard and Jesus all got injured I’d rather do something weird like try Martinelli up top or even try something weird like ESR as a false 9 than play Eddie who is shocking. Staggered we turned down 40 odd million from palace for him.
Isn't he also now on something like 100k per week, so when the likes of Palace or someone else at that level comes calling, he is unlikely to ever want to move on. I actually think his finishing is half decent, but he lacks any physical presence, and brings nothing else to the team. Its very difficult to survive these days in the PL up top without a physical presence. Football has changed so much in that regard from when I started playing. Teams usually had the big man/little man combo up front - one to take a a battering and act as the target, another to nip at the heels and poach. These days most teams play with 1 up top and that 1 has to be able to do both, as well as press and bring others into the game. I can't see Eddie capable of that at the top level. Its a role that gets harder and harder and fewer can do it

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:55 am
TeeCee wrote:
Hi newbie here,

Isn't he also now on something like 100k per week, so when the likes of Palace or someone else at that level comes calling, he is unlikely to ever want to move on. I actually think his finishing is half decent, but he lacks any physical presence, and brings nothing else to the team. Its very difficult to survive these days in the PL up top without a physical presence. Football has changed so much in that regard from when I started playing. Teams usually had the big man/little man combo up front - one to take a a battering and act as the target, another to nip at the heels and poach. These days most teams play with 1 up top and that 1 has to be able to do both, as well as press and bring others into the game. I can't see Eddie capable of that at the top level. Its a role that gets harder and harder and fewer can do it
I don’t think we will have a problem shifting him despite the 100k.. it’s not a Cedric soares situation where’s it’s his last contract. If we sign a new striker he will be 5th choice competing for 1 place. There will be an element of accepting reality. I’ll have to disagree with you on the finishing I think he’s hugely over rated by our fanbase in this respect and because he’s done a few finishes where he’s flicked it into the net impressively in the 6 yard box he’s somehow forged a reputation of a finisher when he misses some shocking chances. Think city home last year, Really should have scored twice.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Welcome Viv! :barscarf:

Extended Highlights ! (6minutes+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J1YNu3h10s

Still can't fathom how Havertz missed that One on One. :?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Hi newbie here,

Welcome to the forum Viv Anderson’s tache - Nice” handle. “ by the way

I think Eddie is the one player on here that everyone agrees is out of his depth and should be replaced and up graded on asap - in our system of possession and intricate football he has no place

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bench Cam (10 Minutes) from when we raped those no markCunts from noocasull like :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-oBI1KrpJs

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: