Streaming Advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Streaming Advice

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:20 pm
Been reading lately that this new TV deal that's been agreed will mean more focus on the illegal streamers and their sevices but the reality is it's becoming a bit like the 80s "War on Drugs" where there's lots of noise about dealing with it but an acceptance that it's very hard to even put a dent in. Apparently, it's all to do with the fact that some territories still have no laws in place at all to deal with anything related to media rights through the internet and so of course, can't do anything about it. All you need to do is set yourself up there and off you go. I also read a piece a few years back with a group who supply a lot of free sport via streaming and they made the point that the more that tv companies charge for sports, the more determined people are to ensure that people can get it for free. There's still a load of Internet people out there who don't believe in making money out of live sport and don't agree that it should have a copyright attached to it. If you can't copyright a news event, you shouldn't be allowed to copyright and limit the broadcasting of sporting events as they should fall under the category of public interest and news and people have a right to view it for free. If I knew anything about the Internet or media law, I'd probably be on their side.
That is true in the broader spectrum Perry, but it's not what the Irish government is targeting. They have top IT consultants and law makers advising them and they are not going after the streamers. No, they are planning to go after the customers. They will make it illegal here to access these sites without paying for a licence, similar to the current TV licence where we here don't pay for content as such we technically pay for owning a television. Like everything in this country it's about how the government can screw another tax dollar out of us.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Evening chaps.

Question for the Drogon Boyz.

Do you have a VPN turned on while using the service? If so I’ve a couple of follow up questions for ya- which VPN and what player do you use?

Maybe the answer to either of those questions doesn’t matter but I had express VPN for over a year and no fucking way would any channel load with it turned on.

I’d prefer to use the service behind a VPN so just wondering if any of the fellow Boyz are having success with it so I can give it a whirl.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sorry Rodders I watch Drogon through my computer - so no VPN required. :?

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Is it just me or is every expressvpn country now not connecting to drogon. Switch the vpn off and it’s fine, switch it on and no matter what country I choose just a spinning blue circle

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:40 pm
Is it just me or is every expressvpn country now not connecting to drogon. Switch the vpn off and it’s fine, switch it on and no matter what country I choose just a spinning blue circle
Must be an expressvpn thing..............changed over to surfshark and no issues!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

+1 for that.

I could never get Drogon to work with express, switched to surf shark last month and zero issues since.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:38 pm
+1 for that.

I could never get Drogon to work with express, switched to surf shark last month and zero issues since.
It was for a while, but depending on the country it was more miss than hit, who knew express was the Eddie nketieh of vpns.

Surfshark so far is good, tiny bit of lag picture to sound but I suspect that could be hardware decoder failing rather than anything on the vpn side

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

I would defo recommend PIA private internet access...works for drogon, and the other IPTV providers clummo suggested, and it's £30 for 2 years (or at least it was)