Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by Retro Gunner »

Sorry SteveO, but in my book he’s fucking dismal. As happens so often, lots of the fanbase happy to lower the expectation bar rather than admit we got sold a pup.

If we sold him tomorrow I guarantee you that none of the big boys we’re supposed to be competing with would be in the least bit interested and certainly not City or Liverpool. His touch is poor, his passing weight and accuracy suspect and he has no pace or fluidity of movement.

Is he looking better than he looked 2-3 months ago, yeah probably. Does he look like he’ll ever be a player good enough for the top level…not for me. I genuinely hope I’m wrong, but I fully expect him to cost us by fluffing chances that he should bury. We’ll see.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:30 pm
Haters gonna hate!

He's way better than some of the shite we've signed in the past 10-15 years. The Chavs just about drained every drop of confidence out of the lad as they have done with numerous players - Caicedo, Mudryk, Sterling, Enzo - to name a small handful. There's dozens more where they came from and if they want to keep doing that before letting us rebuild them, long may it continue! Serves them right for years of giving us utter c.unts like Cech, Gallas and David Luiz!

He isn't anywhere near as bad as has been made out on here. Sure, he took a while to settle but some players have been given a much longer leash than he has. Vieira by comparison has had one whole additional year at the club and been god awful in comparison and not turned up anywhere near as much as Havertz has. Tomiyasu likewise. I'd argue Zinchenko has done us more damage and Jesus has been very indifferent......yet they all seem to escape relatively freely compared to Havertz.

The bloke who apparently doesn't do big games but scored a winner in the Champions League final, winner in the FIFA World Club Final, the youngest player ever to make 50 Bundesliga appearances, second youngest to score 25 goals, and averages better than 1 in 3 for Germany including World Cups and Euros.

I'll admit, he was starting to worry me after the home game against Sheffield United where we looked lost despite us winning easily, but he has never been as bad as some make out on here......certainly not Xhaka proportions! He's turning out to be ok really isn't he? Go on.....admit it now!
Agree, he’s actually better than ok I’d say. He has been a core part of our great form since Christmas scoring winning goals, converting a key penalty in a shootout and contributing a great work ethic. He’s been a very good addition.

Only problem with Havertz is some people slagged the guy off so vociferously before he even kicked a ball for us they are embarrassed and unable roll back their daft comments out of pride and admit the truth that’s he’s played very well recently. It’s all a bit muggy.

Agree on Jesus btw. Very hit n miss and his street football only seems to work half the time.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:03 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:30 pm
Haters gonna hate!

He's way better than some of the shite we've signed in the past 10-15 years. The Chavs just about drained every drop of confidence out of the lad as they have done with numerous players - Caicedo, Mudryk, Sterling, Enzo - to name a small handful. There's dozens more where they came from and if they want to keep doing that before letting us rebuild them, long may it continue! Serves them right for years of giving us utter c.unts like Cech, Gallas and David Luiz!

He isn't anywhere near as bad as has been made out on here. Sure, he took a while to settle but some players have been given a much longer leash than he has. Vieira by comparison has had one whole additional year at the club and been god awful in comparison and not turned up anywhere near as much as Havertz has. Tomiyasu likewise. I'd argue Zinchenko has done us more damage and Jesus has been very indifferent......yet they all seem to escape relatively freely compared to Havertz.

The bloke who apparently doesn't do big games but scored a winner in the Champions League final, winner in the FIFA World Club Final, the youngest player ever to make 50 Bundesliga appearances, second youngest to score 25 goals, and averages better than 1 in 3 for Germany including World Cups and Euros.

I'll admit, he was starting to worry me after the home game against Sheffield United where we looked lost despite us winning easily, but he has never been as bad as some make out on here......certainly not Xhaka proportions! He's turning out to be ok really isn't he? Go on.....admit it now!
Agree, he’s actually better than ok I’d say. He has been a core part of our great form since Christmas scoring winning goals, converting a key penalty in a shootout and contributing a great work ethic. He’s been a very good addition.

Only problem with Havertz is some people slagged the guy off so vociferously before he even kicked a ball for us they are embarrassed and unable roll back their daft comments out of pride and admit the truth that’s he’s played very well recently. It’s all a bit muggy.

Agree on Jesus btw. Very hit n miss and his street football only seems to work half the time.
:lol: :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

He is intelligent in reading the game and finding space to receive the ball, but I question his technique. I am not very confident when he is one-on-one with the goalkeeper, his skill level is comparable with Lord Bendtner.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

John F wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am
He is intelligent in reading the game and finding space to receive the ball, but I question his technique. I am not very confident when he is one-on-one with the goalkeeper, his skill level is comparable with Lord Bendtner.
And yet he averages a goal every three games for Germany, and one in four across his career at Chelsea and Leverkusen, playing in two of the world's best leagues. Would suggest he does something right in front of goal?

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Should start as the false 9. As im pretty sure we wont alway play out from the back and will look to bypass City's press with a long ball. Kai will be the target for the long ball.

He has a habit of popping up with important goals and against big teams. He is isnt pretty on the eye, but Kai is effective. I actually think City should be concerned about him.

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am
John F wrote:
And yet he averages a goal every three games for Germany, and one in four across his career at Chelsea and Leverkusen, playing in two of the world's best leagues. Would suggest he does something right in front of goal?
That equates to 10 -13 goals a season an average return for an average midfield/ forward which confirms to me that he is just that, Average
Last edited by John F on Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

John F wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:32 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am
John F wrote:
That equates to 10 -13 goals a season an average return for an average midfield/ forward which confirms to me that he is just that, Average.
If you compare to Paul Merson for an example who played a midfield attacking role 145 goals in a 134 matches, that is a stat of a good player.
It would be if it was true :shock:

John F

Post by John F »

:oops: :oops: I completely misread that stat. I think I am going to give up posting.I only talk bollocks anyway. :D .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He's scored 154 in about 600 and something games in his career, 99 league goals with us

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

John F wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:31 am
:oops: :oops: I completely misread that stat. I think I am going to give up posting.I only talk bollocks anyway. :D .
Just go back in and amend it to the right figure :wink:

That’s what everybody else does :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Its what I did with my original post :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I'd almost say that Jesus has been the bigger waste of money

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

First time saying this but I thought Havertz played well yesterday against cheaty

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:09 pm
First time saying this but I thought Havertz played well yesterday against cheaty

First half I thought he worked hard - second half he was totally anonymous