The East Stand Man

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Hatfield Red

The East Stand Man

Post by Hatfield Red »

I went to Highbury for many years, and now sit in the lower tier at AG near where Dennis Bergkamps sits. However, i was wondering if anyone knows what has happened to the East Stand Man from Highbury? The reason i mention this is he often used to start the we're the east stand we're the East stand ........Highbury. The whole ground saw him as he was the only one standing up in the lower tier of the east stand near the north Bank. He was a tall man often wearing a long coat??? I assumed everyone new him as the East stand Man.

We need a few more people like that at AG, perhaps the guy who brought the drum in against Liverpoool, we can call you the drum man! Why did the police take it off you???? Then give it back???

Super Anders Limpar :P

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Hatfield Red - It was actually a woman with the drum. One man complained which is why it was taken. Then after some discussions it was given back. Plans are to use it again and moving the man who didn't like it to another seat.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

It's gotta make you laugh, some bloke goes to a football match and then moans about the noise. Why the hell don't these kind of people stay at the opera and let us REAL fans get on with supporting the team. C'MON U GUNNERS....

The Final Salute

Post by The Final Salute »

Are you talking about the guy in the cauldroy jacket?
I myself sat in the east lower and that guys a legend

Hatfield Red

Post by Hatfield Red »

:lol: Yes that's the guy. Any ideas where he sits now????

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

Any ideas what happend to the woman who would repeatedly shout "COME...ON...YOU...GUNNERRRRRRS" from the North Bank I think (towards the west stand). Or the guy who used to make the same whistle noise...kind of like a Na NaNa Na Naaa Naaa sound (hahaha, what a terrible attempt to get make you guys know what im talkin about). What about the blonde ponytail guy with the half and half home and away kit, any idea where he sits?

Does anyone ever remember a freaky looking short oldish guy with scruffy long grey hair that used to carry a Sainsbury's bag with copper pennies with him to every match. I think he used to sit in the clockend last time I saw him about 6 years or so ago.

Haha...these guys need an award because they used to make my day at the Arsenal matches when I was younger.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

you are talking about Bazza or bozzo (guy in the half kit) as most away fans I know call He it snt that well liked apparently?

There is a guy who sits in the "blue quadrant" lower tier who to me is a legend! He is a mixed raced guy and everytime a linesman makes a offside call against us he runs for at least row 24 all the way to the front, to reminstrate with the linesman, Apparently against spurs he ran down and tripped over!! I would of loved to see that! we need fans like that entertainment

VanPerszing

Post by VanPerszing »

TheOne2Smooth wrote: Apparently against spurs he ran down and tripped over!! I would of loved to see that! we need fans like that entertainment
Haha, that's a good one!! Must have been funny incident I bet, greets

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the pennies guy sat behind me in the Clock End up until last season. that hair still looks like its never been washed. i never knew what was in the sainsburys bag tho. wonder if its the same bag ?

also the pretty girl from the video screen at the OT game used to sit just across and up from me. well cute she was - a bit like the bird from Cold Feet, helen baxendale is it ?

kit dude i remember always wore shorts, even to night games in the winter and was always smoking a fag.

anyone know what happened to 'rip roar' ? that always used to make me laugh.

good days.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

clockender1 wrote:also the pretty girl from the video screen at the OT game used to sit just across and up from me. well cute she was - a bit like the bird from Cold Feet, helen baxendale is it ?
I know this girl. She got married in September.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Dicko wrote: I know this girl. She got married in September.
she probably heard i got married too. :lol:

must be a dream being married to a loyal female Gooner, though i heard its tough if you have a kid as they insist you take turns babysitting while they are at the match ! :shock:

the other Goonner i haven't seen for years was the ginger lad who used to play Trevor Cleaver in Grange Hill - I used to see him at the odd away game.

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

There is a guy who sits in the "blue quadrant" lower tier who to me is a legend! He is a mixed raced guy and everytime a linesman makes a offside call against us he runs for at least row 24 all the way to the front, to reminstrate with the linesman, Apparently against spurs he ran down and tripped over!! I would of loved to see that! we need fans like that entertainment
He sits about 10 rows in fornt of me to the left and yes he did have an apple crumble agains spurs and it was funny but he is a legend,every time without fail hes at the lino it was quality watching him at the portsmouth game after they scored from the free kick, i think the lino was shitting himself because of his onslaught !!!!!

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

kit dude i remember always wore shorts, even to night games in the winter and was always smoking a fag.
Kit dude is a guy called barry who sits in blue quadrant and he is the editor of the gunflash magazine