A Real Greek Cypriot View On Arsenal Flag Ban (Dec 31)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
kypros

Post by kypros »

For those that think I am racist …I am not ..i have a lot of Turkish friends and some of them were born in Cyprus. Fact is most of them don’t like the Turks from Turkey and the Turks don’t like the Turks from Cyprus. As for the flag in question …It does represent nothing but provocation .There is no Embassy with that flag outside it.
There is no legal government and fugitives like Nadir (poly peck) run there and hide from the English law. That’s one of many reasons why anyone promoting that flag or supporting it MUST be arrested.
Arsenal F C must ban illegal flags ONLY .

gooner Erol

reply Kypros

Post by gooner Erol »

Yes sorry but you ARE Racist & your comments absolute laughable but hey, keep it going your showing your self in a great light!....

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Can both sides please stop all this hardline bullshit, perhaps putting your own arguement forward instead of a constant attack on the other side (which undermines your own arguement appart from anything else)

and also while i'm at it NO FLAG IS COMPARABLE TO THE SWASTIKA! which is surely the closest thing to a symbol for pure evil that has been seen in the history of humanity.

now for fuck's sake can we please talk about football

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

now for fuck's sake can we please talk about football
Says the person who brings this up almost a whole month after the last post.
and also while i'm at it NO FLAG IS COMPARABLE TO THE SWASTIKA! which is surely the closest thing to a symbol for pure evil that has been seen in the history of humanity.
Im sure if your education on history extended further than watching the Indiana Jones trilogy, then you might be inclined to take a more objective view. Why dont you ask an Armenian about what they think of the Turkish flag, as it was Turkey who commited an act of genocide on them after WW1 and killed over 1 million Armenians. Hitler himself said he based his extermination of the Jews on the Armenian genocide.

Anyway, back to football.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Will you two twonks give it a rest? Arsenal are a football club, not a political forum. TRNC flag is NOT recognised by any other country so leave it at home until it is. All other flags should be welcome. 'Nuff said!