Stand up if you hate Tottenham

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
dbrien

Stand up if you hate Tottenham

Post by dbrien »

I read the article posted on the online Gooner about the fact that the 'Stand up, if you hate Tottenham' song is used to annoy stewards.

I understand that but wouldnt it then be better if 'stand up if you love Arsenal' was sung instead?

1. More people would stand and therefore get a bigger reaction than the existing one and create a bit more unity amongst fans.

2. It would also be another way of getting behind the team. I am not sure if this song really gees up the players like other songs

3. It would mean that we dont have to waste our time singing about a mob that are only relevant to us twice a season.

Dont get me wrong, I f****** hate them, I got an absolute kicking from them after the Littlewoods cup semi replay when I was 15, they even punched my sister, which is an example of the type of low life that support that irrelevance of a side. But I would rather dismiss them as a team that were famous a long time ago and today are a nothing side whose fans only pleasure is if they beat us - they have nothing else. Perhaps that is what we should sing to them when we next play them 'you're not famous anymore'

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

i see alot of sense in your post, i too was on the receiving end of a hiding from 5 of the scum bags in the seven sisters kebabery after a 1-1 draw with them,i really,really fucking hate them but yet i agree with you, why should we sink to their gutter levels by even singing their name in our glorious new home, they are not fit to grace the guide dog toilets let alone AG itself, so fuck them lets not sing thie scabby name at the grove anymore lets remind them of how crap they are and of when they were once good( thank god i wasnt born then) bring out the old favourites like "they won the league in black and white"

they are scum,always have been,always will be

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Completely agree. It probably helps 'them' cling on to the thought that they are big club and carry any remaining importance by the fact that the mighty Arsenal still sing about them. Lets not bother.

I'm also certain that our boys don't get spurred on (pardon the pun) hearing chants of how much we hate Totteringham. However I'm sure chants of loving The Arsenal will have the desired affect.

Lets unite, lets all love our team and not bother with unneccessary irrelavant annoyances (best way I can describe them).

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Seen a lot of 'Jump around for The Arsenal' at the Grove and think it looks really good having every jumping up and down singing for the Gooners. Maybe this could replace the totteringham song.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

JUMP UP IF YOUR 2-1 UP............................................