Thierry sends a message to the early leavers (24 Jan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Thierry sends a message to the early leavers (24 Jan)

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter... where were people going to at 6pm on a Sunday evening that couldn't wait? I mean, Man Utd. Arsenal with 4 forwards on. Isn't this what we come to footall for? :?

Arseweb

Post by Arseweb »

When people really need to get away, to get the kids home or something like that, when they've got a long way to go, it's just about excusable.

But I came across some Arsenal fans in the Keston Lodge after Sunday's game, who'd left after the equaliser and missed the winner. So, not only did they leave during one of the most exciting finishes to a game ever (it's not like the game was moving inevitably towards a loss), but they only did it so they could get to a fairly quiet pub on Upper Street a few minutes earlier.

Well, they called themselves Arsenal fans. I think perhaps it's just a bit too easy to get tickets these days.

Freddie71

Thierry sends a message

Post by Freddie71 »

This is to all the losers that left early.......serves you right.

proudtosaythatname

Thierry sends a message to the early leavers

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I'd been thinking for some weeks that late Arsenal goals were the answer to this problem, ever since we put 3 past Blackburn in the last 5 mins, followed by vP's last minute effort against Charlton.

After that Charlton game I passed a couple of guys on Holloway Rd telling a shopkeeper Arsenal had won 3-0; "Four actually" I interrupted "and you missed a beautiful chip from van Persie". You should have seen their faces. :twisted:

But to have left before the end on Sunday was sacrilege and in addition would have meant missing a lifelong memory. If there are truer Arsenal supporters out there who cannot get tickets we need to communicate to these to the early leavers that we prefer - and the team needs - true supporters to drive the team on right to the end.

EL-Z

Post by EL-Z »

hearing that drives me insane when i think of the hassle and money ive sacrificed just to get to games as only a red member and travel club member.