Deadline day Arshavin saga

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Mikegooner87i wrote:
gus ceasar is a legend wrote:Something is up here!

The Premier League managed to ratify all those transfers yesterday even with lower staff numbers due to the weather.

How come, with no doubt more staff in today, they cannot tie up our transfer! The msu have sorted at least 50 deals yesterday?

Something telss me something is very wroing!

:shock:
Thats what i was thinking Gus, all these deals went through within minutes, i.e Keane to spu*s, but the only deal that has nto been confirmed is ours!

I got a sneaky feeling the club have fucked this one up and are just toyiong with us untill they tell us. 'well we tried our best' and 'there was nothing else we could do' not long before they start with this bollocks!
there is an update now in a bit on sky sports news about it

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mikegooner87i wrote:

The Premier League managed to ratify all those transfers yesterday even with lower staff numbers due to the weather.

How come, with no doubt more staff in today, they cannot tie up our transfer! The msu have sorted at least 50 deals yesterday?

Thats what i was thinking Gus, all these deals went through within minutes, i.e Keane to spu*s, but the only deal that has nto been confirmed is ours!

I got a sneaky feeling the club have fucked this one up and are just toyiong with us untill they tell us. 'well we tried our best' and 'there was nothing else we could do' not long before they start with this bollocks!
Sadly I think you're right. They've confirmed which deals did not go through in time (someone Morecambe tried to sign), and which deals did go through (Keane, Quaresma etc). Something fishy is in the air. I look forward to the excuses.

"We showed great determination and a very good spirit to get this done in time, but maybe the fax machine dipped a little bit physically at 4.59 pm"

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

It does seem a bit odd doesn't it. I wouldn't mind betting that there was a fuck up somewhere and we are now reliant on a bit of "special dispensation" to see this go through.
If I thought it would do some long term good, i.e. that Arsenal learned to sort stuff out better as a result, I'd quite happily see it fall through. Especially if the FA state that it was our fault. Unfortunately even if that all happened I don't think it would get through and make any impact. They'd just deflect the blame elsewhere :roll: :roll:
Hopefully it will be resolved today and we can see our most un-needed signing of the last 5 years in action. :roll:

NBM

Post by NBM »

projoe wrote:brian swanson said DONT PANIC! :D
Brian swanson....

:hail: :hail: :hail:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck Arshavin.................lets sign Brian Swanson!!

hadareud

Post by hadareud »

stop your conspiracy theories about fuck ups etc.

An FA Spokesperson said to Russian media that it could take 2 or 3 days for this transfer to be approved and that it's not yet certain that it will be.

We don't know what's holding it up, but you can bet on it that you won't hear anything from Arsenal before it has gone through.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

SPUDMASHER wrote:

It does seem a bit odd doesn't it. I wouldn't mind betting that there was a fuck up somewhere and we are now reliant on a bit of "special dispensation" to see this go through.
If I thought it would do some long term good, i.e. that Arsenal learned to sort stuff out better as a result, I'd quite happily see it fall through. Especially if the FA state that it was our fault. Unfortunately even if that all happened I don't think it would get through and make any impact. They'd just deflect the blame elsewhere :roll: :roll:
Hopefully it will be resolved today and we can see our most un-needed signing of the last 5 years in action. :roll:
Apparently lack of funds were a problem. :wink:

If they knew this deal was going to take while why didn't they start it in say the 1st Jan :roll:

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

From a line in the film Platoon, "I got a bad feeling about this one, I really do" :(

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

was just thinking today if we do sign this fella, all we would really need is a holding midfielder a good center back and a keeper...

arshavin cesc ???? nasri

persie ade

not a bad attacking system

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Boomer wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:

Apparently lack of funds were a problem. :wink:

If they knew this deal was going to take while why didn't they start it in say the 1st Jan :roll:

:wink:
Lack of funds..... :roll: :roll: I have a theory about that :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

enjibenji wrote:was just thinking today if we do sign this fella, all we would really need is a holding midfielder a good center back and a keeper...

arshavin cesc ???? nasri

persie ade

not a bad attacking system
I think your right, could be an irresistable force, we might concede a couple but should bag loads :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I feel like phoning Mr Hill Wood but I've heard he doesn't "want my sort" on the phone

wave of mutilation

Post by wave of mutilation »

NBM wrote:
projoe wrote:brian swanson said DONT PANIC! :D
Brian swanson....

:hail: :hail: :hail:
for some reason I keep producing a mental image of Brian Barwick standing outside the emirates reporting to sky sports news every time someone mentioned brian swanson :?:

NBM

Post by NBM »

If we signed Brian Swanson what number would he wear?

Sorry for the tangent but if I carry on pressing F5 on all the Arshavin stories then I might start throwing faeces at my co-workers......

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I feel like phoning Mr Hill Wood but I've heard he doesn't "want my sort" on the phone

Phone him reverse charges........that will really piss him off.