Atmosphere v Roma

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

I was in 100 last night, felt the atmosphere was good. Nothing special (as has been said before the same 3 chants were sung all through the match) but id much rather we had a few songs sung a lot over none at all! Sunderland was absolutly awful (was behind the goal next to away fans for that), so it was a definite improvement.

Does anyone on here go to games and not sing? I just really wonder why anyone wouldnt!

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

Red107 wrote:I sky+ed the game yesterday and I found that the TV gave an inacuarate representation of the atmosphere. There was a massive improvement in chants and stuff from most PL games this season.

Also I've noticed that the BBC and ITV turn the crowd noise down. Sky on the other hand do not.
I believe uefa have their own Champions League OB unit
different mics different setup

how the sound levels are set hugely effects what the atmosphere seems like on TV
best atmosphere I've ever head was at Anfield for a nght game on a hillsborough anniversary
been to anfield and outsung them for 90mins
got both games recorded - doesn't really sound that different

you have to be at a game to give an accurate assesment of atmosphere
v Roma it was pretty good, no there aren't a wide range of chants
but it was a good atmosphere

also for all the highbury nostalgia - when 60,000 people go mad it makes more noise than 38,000 (or 50,000)
the noise when we got two late goals to beat manure first season was amazing

youngw

Post by youngw »

Block 26 >> RedAction on Wednesday night :-P :barscarf:

Mikegooner87i

Post by Mikegooner87i »

highburyJD wrote:
Red107 wrote:I sky+ed the game yesterday and I found that the TV gave an inacuarate representation of the atmosphere. There was a massive improvement in chants and stuff from most PL games this season.

Also I've noticed that the BBC and ITV turn the crowd noise down. Sky on the other hand do not.
I believe uefa have their own Champions League OB unit
different mics different setup

how the sound levels are set hugely effects what the atmosphere seems like on TV
best atmosphere I've ever head was at Anfield for a nght game on a hillsborough anniversary
been to anfield and outsung them for 90mins
got both games recorded - doesn't really sound that different

you have to be at a game to give an accurate assesment of atmosphere
v Roma it was pretty good, no there aren't a wide range of chants
but it was a good atmosphere

also for all the highbury nostalgia - when 60,000 people go mad it makes more noise than 38,000 (or 50,000)
the noise when we got two late goals to beat manure first season was amazing

Best atmpshpere we had at the stadium on that game! What a night!

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

link doesn't work

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

neither do the players

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

copy and paste job:
Arsenal’s performance against Fulham was shocking, but let me tell you about their fans. When a team needs a 12th man, where are they? The Emirates Stadium was so quiet that even 200 visiting supporters could have been noisier than the 59,800 spectators.

Because this stadium looks, unfortunately, full of spectators, not of fans. And every time I see empty seats in the 40th and in the 85th minute, I feel so sorry for the players. They need more support to move mountains, don’t they?

Some spectators look happy to pay £60 to have the right to drink a lager in the stadium, instead of watching a football game and encouraging their favourite team

The Gunners were desperate for three points against Fulham after conceding three consecutive Premier League draws.

And they really needed the maximum support to push them, to make them put their bodies on the line and play the game of their lives.

But instead of that, the stadium looked half empty during stoppage time, when Wenger’s men were trying to score a last-ditch winning goal.

As far as I am concerned, I will never leave a stadium before the final whistle because if you do so, you can miss the greatest goal of all time.

-“You were at the game mate? You’re so lucky, that goal was absolutely amazing, the best ever!
-“Well, in fact I was already outside..."

How embarrassing is that? Queuing for the tube is part of a supporters’ life, and even of the folklore. I am not saying that noisy fans score goals. But I deeply believe that they bring something extra.

And at present time, I reckon that Arsenal need something extra. The Emirates Stadium is not a posh pub. It is the home of a Premier League team that needs their fans to turn their fortunes around.

Next time you go there, think twice about the way you live the game...as a spectator, or as a fan?
basically what everyone has been saying since we moved there. can i get paid by stanta to point out the bleeding obvious?! :banghead:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

it embarrasing to the fans on here who actually chant and get behind theyre team

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

The support was not bad at times on Tuesday I thought. I was in 131 but would much rather have been downstairs where it at least feels a bit livelier. I was sat next to a guy in a suit, with his earphones in, who seemed more interested in sorting out his iPod playlists than watching the game. £60 to play with your mp3 player :? it's completely baffling.