North Bank Ashburton

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
N22Gooner

North Bank Ashburton

Post by N22Gooner »

Anyone remember how good it was singing "we're the clock end highbury"
Ah good times. We can recreate it by singing "We're the North Bank Ashburton", it would be great 15,000 gooners singing it. Obviously at first everyone wouldn't join in but if we spread the word to everyone maybe when the stadium gets quite they could start it off then the clock end would definetly hear it and do their bit and the longer it goes on the more people will join in.

"We're the Clock End Ashburton"

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

That was tried at a few matches at the start of the season. Never got going.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

In the RedAction section we still sing Highbury, but i suppose its better that something is sung. Maybe the nostalgia is there for many (me included) to sing North Bank Highbury. But if people start to change the words and a few start to sing it it will soon tak off.

AFC
C'mon

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the only problem is, if the 'other' end is recognised by the fans as the 'clock end', you will have hundreds if not thousands of relocated clockenders such as my good self who would be itching to to get moved there.

I am not in the North Bank by choice, we were told we had to move there or lose our seats pretty much. It was the clubs decision as they wanted to avoid having to relocate season ticket holders for nearly every cup tie.

so i think the current occupants are red members and so change every week and may not form the identity we had ?

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I am a member of a supporters club and am regularly sitting in the 'Clock end' as are many other members and we all feel very much attached to this end and would definately join in with the 'We're the Clock end ashburton'

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Well thats done then - I look forward to it. I used to sit East Upper back in the day but would have no problem singing North Bank Ashburton!

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

The trouble with the new ground is that both ends look identical and you can't tell one from the other by looking. What is the North Bank at the new ground, I never have my compass with me at games?

Are the club going to do anything with the old clock?

The Ashburton Grove Sponsored by Emerits Stadium needs some of Highbury's old furniture to make it feel like a real home.

BTW - why can't we call the new ground Highbury? Seeing as the official name for the old one was actually Arsenal stadium and that the new stadium is in an area known as Highbury. Whenever I'm in conversation with someone I say Highbury, before being corrected and I won't say 'the Emerits' on the principle that I'm not going to honour a company with free advertising whenever i have a conversation about my football side.

stearmaster

well

Post by stearmaster »

its in N5 so its still highbury as far as im converned.

also the old clock i heard was gonna be put outside and you can c it as u come over a bridge.im guessin the clock end bridge.

the way u could id the 2 ends (clock and north ban) are the qudrents...green and yellow qwuadrants could b north bank, and orange and bule quadrents could b the clock end, as thats how it was at highbury (not the wuadrents) the way it was layed out.....and all call it HIGHBURY

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

also the old clock i heard was gonna be put outside and you can c it as u come over a bridge.im guessin the clock end bridge.
Not good enough though really is it?

Its got to be on show at the game, so one really feels that they are at 'the Arsenal'

Its probably too big to fit between the tiers of the stadium, but surely they could suspend it from the roof at one end of the stadium?