Liverpool USa, howdy partner.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gotrek

Liverpool USa, howdy partner.

Post by gotrek »

Remember how Liverpool used to brag about their EnglishnesS? how they fielded english players and we didn't? How they were the best firm and club and a big family... Well that was all bullshit.
It has all gone down the drain , they have sold their souls to the USA , like ManU before them...Hell! They might even have to share their ground with another franchise..Everton!

Don't believe me? read their new bosses interviews! Direct from Liverpoolfc.com.
George Gillett: Firstly, we're not going to sit here and pretend to be the most knowledgeable of Liverpool fans because that's clearly not true. I can say, though, that our families are big football supporters. We have been watching European football for several years and on a recent visit to this country we were advised about the possibility of meeting with the Chairman and Rick Parry.
They admit on knowing nothing on the club...they happened to see in a magazine Liverpool was up for grabs!
Watching european football, either they are talking of the Campion's League or they haven't realised their isn't a European NHL like league....FA? what the hell is that?
We went to the West Ham game which was a good win and then the following night we went to see the new Arsenal stadium when they played Tottenham. We made our pitch to David and the board and, fortunately for us, they accepted it.
They saw 2 football, well soccer, games in their lives... one of them being Arsenal vs the **** and the other included West Ham...my bet is : they mistook our glorious team for the scouser scum... b) they have never set foot in Liverpool, I can understand that, and havenly ever been to London... How much more ridiculous can it get?
You quickly see this is the most popular sport in the world and that this is one of the most popular clubs in the world. To have the opportunity of getting involved in this is a rare privilege.

It's a well managed club but we believe we bring some experience which the management can draw on to make things even better. Tom and I are a little put off that people assume everything is about money, because we really hope we have some ideas as well as some capital.
Oh yeah Partner! Come up with us! Soccer is a big opportunity market over in Europe! Bring in the Euros and dollars!
Oh they bring ideas...like what? playing on ice ? wearing helmetS? or ideas on how to make more money?
George Gillett: We did! He's definitely a scouser, that's for sure. The first thing the two players did was give us their shirts with a nice message so that was a special moment for us.
Wow! How cool and trendy! He knows the word scouser...and got a free 40 £ shirt..... well you would expect that wouldn't you....ftourisme is encouraged in Liverpool...
From the players' point of view, the best thing that can happen is that they feel nothing has changed except for a new stadium being built and more aggressive support in the transfer market.
Don't worry matey! We ain't gonna change nothing...just your stadium...and buy a few players..oh and maybe your colors... and well could you change your anme to Liverich? or Livertex? it'sd far more yankee sounding!
Tom Hicks: I can categorically say we have no interest in a ground share with any other team. We are going to build the finest team for the finest stadium in the Premier League and that is Liverpool.
Build thefinest team...well at least they admit they don't have it right now....transfers!!!! transfer alert!! The Chelsea syndrom is about to strike! Next year we can expect a new Liverpool full of englishness...oh yeah!
finest stadium? does that ring a bell...I know one fine stadium..Ashburton Grove!! Gillettt and Hicks really got things wrong they thought Arsenal was Liverpool.. the colour must have confused them...

Well one thing we can be sure of is there won't be an USa flags flying in the AG ...they are banned , thank God, but we can bring loads when we go to Liverpool USA....U S A...U S A

lisa_gooner

Post by lisa_gooner »

It's a bit of a worry when clubs like Liverpool start doing this. Does anyone know the details of whether this could happen to us? I hate the thought - it's bad enough having our stadium with Emirates emblazoned all over it (a necessary evil...)

gotrek

Post by gotrek »

It should not happen to us for a few reasons:
A) we aren't nothern scum like Liverpool.
B) We aren't Man U , Liverpool or chelsea who are scum and who would sell their souls to the devil just to be half as good as The Arsenal.
C) We already have a superb Stadium, while Liverpool's reason to sell was that they do not have one and cannot finance it. We have that new stadium and our debt although quite important is manageable. We are therefore in a different situation.
A and B are very good points , but C is what make sus different from Liverpool who want new players and a new stadium. whereas we have all the players we need and our stadium will pay itself in the long run.

Meanwhile we can proudly chant: "U SA !USA! USA!" at Man U and Liverpoor's face.

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

Didn't we jog on Abramavich before he went to Chelsea?

I agree with gotrek in that there is no real reason we would need to go down that road. Hope to God we never do anyway.

Dicko

Re: Liverpool USa, howdy partner.

Post by Dicko »

gotrek wrote: Well one thing we can be sure of is there won't be an USa flags flying in the AG ...they are banned , thank God, but we can bring loads when we go to Liverpool USA....U S A...U S A
Either the ban has been lifted or else one was sneaked in - There was a Brazilian flag over in the south east corner lower tier recently. I think it was at the spuds match but I may be wrong.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

These couple of elasticated jean wearers wouldn't know a football if one crashed into their face. Apparently they own ice-hockey teams, probably will be a case of 'You'll never SKATE alone'. Are these yanko twats going to change the colour(americans-please note the spelling of COLOUR???)of the scousers kit?? as the Americans seem to like BLUE on BLUE!!. Wa###rs.....

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

Nice to see success on the pitch is the priority for Rafa, not how much money can be made :roll:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... l&channel=&

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Good work Gotrek - pissing myself laughing!

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Remember how Liverpool used to brag about their EnglishnesS?
Not in 1986 (their one and only double year) they couldn't. Irishmen, Scotsmen, Welshmen, Zimbabweans, a Dane, but no English.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

You've probably heard it but it made me chuckle

Liverpool are going to be known in America as The Hubcap Steelers

stearmaster

haha

Post by stearmaster »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:You've probably heard it but it made me chuckle

Liverpool are going to be known in America as The Hubcap Steelers
Is that true, where did u see/hear that lol