Arsenal Club Level critics - back off! (30 Jan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonermc

Post by goonermc »

It is true that the higher price seats will mean we can compete at the top for years to come. I think Club Level is like the dentist, you know it's there for your own good but it doesn't mean you have to like it!!.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

NEVER NEVER NEVER back off from criticising the whole premise of the club level.

Having been on the waiting list for a season ticket for eight years and then told that I'm no longer on a list but can pay an annual fee to be a red member and get a free Arsenal key ring to go with it,

Having accepted that Arsenal must leave our iconic, historic and much loved old stadium for one named after an airline to increase capacity and thus believe that there be an increased chance of getting tickets, only to see a whole tier given over to people not on the waiting list for an extortionate fee, that only corporate companies can afford to pay. THAT IS NOT WHAT WE EXCEPTED THE BULLDOZING OF HIGHBURY FOR!!

The club level is not rammed to the rafters of good old Arsenal fans. Corporations buy them up to entertain their clients, the club is giving them free drinks, which is what they are more interested in, hence the empty seats five minutes before and after half time.

I was told of a story buy someone on corporate business at club level, that the free drinks had been placed on a big table, which people were not allowed to take unitl the half time whistle, there had been a large queue of people waiting to grab them on the whistle and going to do so only to be disappointed that it was only a whistle for a free kick. When I lauched into a rant questioning what such people were there for, they replied "oh well you can still see it on a plasma screen". I said you may as well be watching it in the twelve pins then.

This same person was upset that i questioned their new found support for the Arsenal, even though they seem to have gone a good 20 years without taking a great interest in football and even supported Liverpool over the Arsenal in 1989 to be in with their school chums.

The free drinks and the special meals are only there to attract people who are not attracted by the game in the first place and judging by the half time/full time exodus don't even appreicate what's in front of them.

I don't buy this "oh well these corporate fans are bringing money into the club", well who do you think brought the financial support to Arsenal for the century or so prior to corporate football, Father Christmas?

This corporate club level "IS" the anti-thesis of football supporting culture in England. Football was built on working men leaving their industrial jobs on a saturday morning and heading for the only place they had the time or money to go to. It was away from work, it was seperate from work. The corporate customers are entertaining their clients they ARE at work!!, is it a wonder they bring no fucking atmosphere.