ALLIADIERE DUE A TESTIMONIAL IN 3 YEARS?!?SELL HIM NOW PLS!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
archiks

ALLIADIERE DUE A TESTIMONIAL IN 3 YEARS?!?SELL HIM NOW PLS!!

Post by archiks »

Oh my God it just dawned on me, our mate Jeremie (who drives a lamborghini and a hummer) has been with us for 7 YEARS!! that means in 3 more he will be due a testimonial to join the ranks of legends, Adams, Bergkamp, Dixon et all PLEASE MSSR WENGER GET HIM OUT NOW, its the January sales after all!

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

haha...I didnt realise that.

I think he's had his chances and while he's shown some glimpses of him being a decent player I dont think he's made the grade.

The Sheff Utd game said it all for me about him - even if the team didnt play well I dont think he put much effort in.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

I used to agree with everything in this thread
but the 'pool game has made me seriously rethink
wenger knows

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i think you have to be 10 years as a Professional - otherwise Cashley would have had one before he left.

Freddie on the other hand has a year to go, another reason to keep him IMHO.

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

furry muff
(otherwise henri lansbury would be due a testimonial in three years as well)

archiks

Post by archiks »

who the hell is henri lansbury???
well alliadiere cerainly played a blinder up at the pool but i cant see where wenger will fit him in, we have henry, adebayor, RVP, the beast all ahead of him.
i reckon he will go end of the season unless someone comes in with a last minute offer in jan.

gooner Erol

reply last post

Post by gooner Erol »

I'v seen Henri Lansbury play for the Reserves a few times & he was also involved in a FA Youth Cup win over Wycome a few weeks back, i know his English & has been part of our Academy for ages.If he came on against Liverpool would of beaten Cesc as our youngest ever player to make a debut i think.
There some thing about Alliadiere that i really would like to see him stay & maybe see more of him, i know over the years of seeing the Reserves he is class no doubt, but also been very unlucky with injuries too.
But as you say where can we fit him in when everyone is fit, it could well be someone will come in with a good offer soon or if not at the end of the season.....

archiks

Post by archiks »

Well if this Henri bloke is English he dont stand a chance does he?
maybe ship him off to Cowdenbeath or wherever for a season, watch him score 4000 goals a week and then sell him to sunderland for £2m, hmmm where have i heard that before?
I agree to be honest, Alliadiere has shown class and ive always really wanted him to do well but it dont look like its gonna happen for him at Arsenal.
My mates have been slagging me off every time he plays at emirates cos i keep getting excited that he will do well and score. But if Wenger dont think he got it, he aint got it.. WENGER KNOWS

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Erol, i read the same thing, so he must be only just 16. to put a 16yr old on the bench means he must be something really special - as does the fact he is now training with the first team.

archiks

Post by archiks »

Well if Wenger thinks he is good enough to train with the 1st team and be on the bench at 16 then we might have something special on our hands. Exciting times ahead however look what happened to Bentley and Pennant and Upson, they where shipped out pretty quick, i was GUTTED when we got is of Bentley as he is quality and wuld of been a good squad player for us this year. HOWEVER he did hint that he was a **** in the press and grabbed his bollocks at us at the emirates so FUCK HIM the tosser. WENGER KNOWS.

Martin Hayes

Post by Martin Hayes »

Upson was bought in '97, then sold in 2004.

Pennant was bought in 1999; sold in 2005.

Ample time.

Both were given opportunities. Ultimately, neither was good enough.

gotrek

Post by gotrek »

Latest news from L'Equipe (french sports paper) alliadière could be going home in the mercato period... French sides Sochaux could be interested insigning him.
I'll post more info as it comes up.

neamman

Post by neamman »

Glad he stayed.. his performances the last 4-5 games have been excellent. Dont see him staying though unless Henry leaves next summer.