BOXING - Hatton VS Pacquiao

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankbren

BOXING - Hatton VS Pacquiao

Post by northbankbren »

HEY MODS CAN THIS STAY UPSTAIRS TILL SUNDAY PLEASE :)

This Saturday is the definatly one of the biggest boxing fights of british history, and the biggest fight in boxing scince lewis/holyfeild.

This has the makings of great fight. I think Hatton will be much improved due to having floyd mayweather in his corner, his defence will be improved and think he'll be a bit more defensive in the earlier rounds, but think we'll see Hatton as aggressive as ever as the fight goes on.

Pacman on the other hand is the best boxer in the world at the moment, he is stupidly fast, picks his punches and in recent years has seen his defence improve vastly. He has shown unlike Hatton that he can move up and down wieghts. He started his career at flyweight and in his career has moved up 10 weights, he has gone up and down in weights for certain fights, he is moving down in weight to fight Hatton at light-welterweight (Hattons natural and best fighting weight). Hatton fought his whole career at this weight and when he moved up 1 weight struggled, and then suffered his first defeat.

In other words I think Pacquaio is much more of an athlete than Hatton. I think that if Hatton is to win this he has to be his usuall aggresive self but have a far more cautious approach. I cant see Hatton winning on points so he has to knock him out, he needs to use his left hook to the body as much as possible as this is his best punch.

I want Hatton to win (EVEN IF PACMAN IS A GOONER), but im going to go with my head here, and predict: Paquiao to win by KO.

Come on Ricky :barscarf:

Goose

Re: BOXING - Hatton VS Pacquiao

Post by Goose »

northbankbren wrote:HEY MODS CAN THIS STAY UPSTAIRS TILL SUNDAY PLEASE :)

This Saturday is the definatly one of the biggest boxing fights of british history, and the biggest fight in boxing scince lewis/holyfeild.

This has the makings of great fight. I think Hatton will be much improved due to having floyd mayweather in his corner, his defence will be improved and think he'll be a bit more defensive in the earlier rounds, but think we'll see Hatton as aggressive as ever as the fight goes on.

Pacman on the other hand is the best boxer in the world at the moment, he is stupidly fast, picks his punches and in recent years has seen his defence improve vastly. He has shown unlike Hatton that he can move up and down wieghts. He started his career at flyweight and in his career has moved up 10 weights, he has gone up and down in weights for certain fights, he is moving down in weight to fight Hatton at light-welterweight (Hattons natural and best fighting weight). Hatton fought his whole career at this weight and when he moved up 1 weight struggled, and then suffered his first defeat.

In other words I think Pacquaio is much more of an athlete than Hatton. I think that if Hatton is to win this he has to be his usuall aggresive self but have a far more cautious approach. I cant see Hatton winning on points so he has to knock him out, he needs to use his left hook to the body as much as possible as this is his best punch.

I want Hatton to win (EVEN IF PACMAN IS A GOONER), but im going to go with my head here, and predict: Paquiao to win by KO.

My money is on Ricky - at least it would be if I had any left (Spent it all on going to Vegas for the fight)

It's going to be a great fight - I hope.....................

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pacman is a top man. It's estimated he's given away over $10 million to people in the poor neighbourhoods were he grew up. Never knew he was a gooner!

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

I used to see Hatton quite a bit as Billy Graham had his boxing gym at the back of Kerry Kayes' Bettabodies gym I used to join annually then never go enough to. He seems a nice lad, would always let on. Like all succesful athletes, he has a multitude of hangers on.

I'd love him to pull this one off but I can see it being stopped by a cut late on. Sorry Ricky :oops:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

Hard fight to call,

it all depends on how the pac man reacts to a good hard slap by hatton.

Roach saying that he will only need 3 rounds is a complete joke and if the pac man comes in with that mind set then the fights hattons...

Bergkamp-Genius

Re: BOXING - Hatton VS Pacquiao

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

northbankbren wrote:HEY MODS CAN THIS STAY UPSTAIRS TILL SUNDAY PLEASE :)

Your being a bit harsh on Hatton aren't you, yes he moved up a weight and lost but christ he was fighting Floyd Mayweather, who is universally rated as one of the best boxers ever at the weights he fights at, anyone moving up a weight to fight someone of his class is going to struggle it's certainly no reflection on Hattons ability and should Pac win this fight he will no doubt find out also just how good Mayweather is.
Your right Pac is frighteningly quick and a terrific boxer but he is naturally smaller and lighter than Hatton, so the key to the fight is whether Pac can handle Hattons extra size and power, i very much doubt if he has faced anyone with the explosive body punching that he will be on the end of against Hatton, if he can avoid it or deal with it then i think he will win, if not Hatton will stop him.
Whatever happens it should be a great action packed fight.

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

FUCK Hatton!

Pacman in 10 rounds :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Your being a bit harsh on Hatton aren't you, yes he moved up a weight and lost but christ he was fighting Floyd Mayweather, who is universally rated as one of the best boxers ever at the weights he fights at,
Mayweather is retired so no longer has any rankings. And it is now Manny Pacquiao who is regarded as the pound for pound champion. Also Mayweather started as a featherweight and moved all the way up, just like pacman, winning world titles at many weight divisions, the sign of a great athlete. He fought at a weight he was comfortable with, Hatton didn't, and lost, he admits himself he's only at his best at light-welter.
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Your right Pac is frighteningly quick and a terrific boxer but he is naturally smaller and lighter than Hatton, so the key to the fight is whether Pac can handle Hattons extra size and power
Pacman was heavier in his fight against de la hoya than hatton has ever been in any fight, look what he done to a natural middleweight, pacman is moving DOWN in weight for this fight. He has won world titles at many weight divisions also, so has never stuggled with weight.
Bergkamp-Genius wrote: i very much doubt if he has faced anyone with the explosive body punching that he will be on the end of against Hatton,
quote]

How about:

Marco Antonio Barrera

Erik Morales

Juan Manuel Marquez

Oscar De La Hoya

:?:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:if he can avoid it or deal with it then i think he will win, if not Hatton will stop him. Whatever happens it should be a great action packed fight.
What I think is Hatton needs to avoid Pacmans combinations, and counter punch.

Agree with you 100% its gunna be action packed :box:

gusher311 wrote:FUCK Hatton!

Pacman in 10 rounds :barscarf: :barscarf:
YOU A PHILLIPINO ALL OF A SUDDEN? Why dont you like Hatton?

MickeyFabs

Post by MickeyFabs »

I think that this fight will be very similar to the Hatton-Mayweather fight.

Ricky has never been a concussive puncher, and I think he will eat too many punches trying to get in close against the Pacman.

I would dearly love Hatton to win, but I believe that Freddie Roach already has the blueprint to beat Hatton, which is the Mayweather bout.

Maybe with a more lenient referee in this fight, Ricky might be allowed to hold,lean on his opponent and basically brawl, but even in this instance Pacquiao will be able to unload with more shots than Hatton.

Pacquiao TKO - Round 10

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

The pac man odds on to knock hatton out, i would suggest that anyone who fancies a flutter might want to counter that argument

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

9/4 for a pac man points win

11/2 for hatton

worth a flutter on both i think

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

I don't like Hatton mainly cause he beat my cousin :-P .

And I just like Pacman's style in the ring. 8)

BRAZILLIANT 19

Post by BRAZILLIANT 19 »

I'd still back Martin Keown against either of them :lol:

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

northbankbren wrote:
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Your being a bit harsh on Hatton aren't you, yes he moved up a weight and lost but christ he was fighting Floyd Mayweather, who is universally rated as one of the best boxers ever at the weights he fights at,
Mayweather is retired so no longer has any rankings. And it is now Manny Pacquiao who is regarded as the pound for pound champion. Also Mayweather started as a featherweight and moved all the way up, just like pacman, winning world titles at many weight divisions, the sign of a great athlete. He fought at a weight he was comfortable with, Hatton didn't, and lost, he admits himself he's only at his best at light-welter.

:) The point i was making is that Mayweather is truely a world class fighter at his peak and has proven himself able to fight at the heavier weights against quality opposition so it's no disgrace Hatton losing to him, i'm sure if Hatton fought De La Hoya at the heavier weight instead of Mayweather he would still have an un blemished record, you can't judge him negatively because he chose to fight a legend in his prime instead of a has been. Pac has yet to prove himself at Hattons weight or above the De La Hoya fight is no judge of how he will manage against another top fighter at his peak at the heavier weights. :)
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Your right Pac is frighteningly quick and a terrific boxer but he is naturally smaller and lighter than Hatton, so the key to the fight is whether Pac can handle Hattons extra size and power
Pacman was heavier in his fight against de la hoya than hatton has ever been in any fight, look what he done to a natural middleweight, pacman is moving DOWN in weight for this fight. He has won world titles at many weight divisions also, so has never stuggled with weight.
Bergkamp-Genius wrote: i very much doubt if he has faced anyone with the explosive body punching that he will be on the end of against Hatton,
quote]

How about:

Marco Antonio Barrera

Erik Morales

Juan Manuel Marquez

Oscar De La Hoya

:?:

:) Yes the first three are all excellent fighters but none of them are reknowned as being heavy body punchers and certainly not at Hattons weight class.
As for De La Hoya he is a shadow of the fighter he was you can't judge Pac on his performance against him, Roach even said before the fight De La Hoya was past it and after the fight De La Hoya agreed, he is mentally and physically much slower than he has ever been and his stamina is gone, the only thing that gets him through now is his experience and thats not enough against quality from any weight class. :)
Bergkamp-Genius wrote:if he can avoid it or deal with it then i think he will win, if not Hatton will stop him. Whatever happens it should be a great action packed fight.
What I think is Hatton needs to avoid Pacmans combinations, and counter punch.

Agree with you 100% its gunna be action packed :box:

:) I'm not so sure Pac is cute enough to fight like Mayweather did against Hatton so it will be more of a slugfest and IF Pacs power carries through to this weight division then he will knock Hatton out because there is no doubt he will catch Hatton with his greater hand speed as Hatton presses forward to unload his own punches, if the power is there i don't see it lasting longer than 4 rounds, because i can't see Hatton going that long without getting caught.

Personally i'm not so sure Pac will have enough power at this weight to knock Hatton out, so i shall open myself up to possible ridicule :oops: :oops: and predict if he doesn't Hatton will be able to swarm all over him and break him down through the middle rounds and hopefully stop him between the eighth and the tenth. :D
:barscarf: Ricky :barscarf: Ricky :barscarf:

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

cant wait for this one tonight. going to be a late one tho. hopefully hatton can win and round of a good day :barscarf: :barscarf:

hatton to win by ko :barscarf: :barscarf:

theres only 1 ricky hatton :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

the weigh in last night was incredible, 7000 fans for a weigh in 4000 couldn't get in. ment to be 25,000 fans that have made the long journey