I want Usmanov in!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:and you know this because.....?

Not saying I'm all for it but it's a bit tiresome reading so many comments directed at the guy like everyone's his best mate and because he's confided in them.

All I know is he's fat, Russian, has a dodgy past and wants to be involved in the club.
I think you'll find 90% of what is on a football forum is speculation and/or opinion... that's the idea behind the fucking concept... If you find it "tiresome" why do you still come on here? :roll:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Not saying I'm all for it but it's a bit tiresome reading so many comments directed at the guy like everyone's his best mate and because he's confided in them.

All I know is he's fat, Russian, has a dodgy past and wants to be involved in the club.
I think you'll find 90% of what is on a football forum is speculation and/or opinion... that's the idea behind the fucking concept... If you find it "tiresome" why do you still come on here? :roll:
Oh god not that old chestnut.

I come on here as I like to talk about Arsenal but it get's a bit dull reading all this first hand information that has been plucked out of Planet Zog.

He MAY have the best interest of the club at heart, Abramovich hasn't shit on Chelsea has he?

PS: I'm not pro Usmanov here but won't talk bad of him as I don't know what his motives are so it's pointless hating.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Oh god not that old chestnut.

I come on here as I like to talk about Arsenal but it get's a bit dull reading all this first hand information that has been plucked out of Planet Zog.

He MAY have the best interest of the club at heart, Abramovich hasn't shit on Chelsea has he?

PS: I'm not pro Usmanov here but won't talk bad of him as I don't know what his motives are so it's pointless hating.
Haha - you might want to see the Ungrateful fans thread. :lol:

My point stands though; why come on here if you don't like to read other people's opinions? Life is too short...

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

:lol: I've added to it.

Look, it's not a case of not wanting to read other peoples opinions as like you say that's what it's about but to make up your mind about something none of us know about and then spread venom about him is a little odd to me.

I could understand if it was like at United where the Glazzers took out a loan against the club to buy it and then put season ticket prices up but no one knows if this is going to happen because all fatso has said so far is that he wants to pay off the debt and wants Wenger to spend heavily on players (which is what most want anyway)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote::lol: I've added to it.

Look, it's not a case of not wanting to read other peoples opinions as like you say that's what it's about but to make up your mind about something none of us know about and then spread venom about him is a little odd to me.

I could understand if it was like at United where the Glazzers took out a loan against the club to buy it and then put season ticket prices up but no one knows if this is going to happen because all fatso has said so far is that he wants to pay off the debt and wants Wenger to spend heavily on players (which is what most want anyway)
Me too! :lol: I'm getting tired chasing you round the threads! :wink:

I don't agree that what I wrote is spreading venom; from what I've read and what people have said it is my opinion he is not going to be the much vaunted sugar daddy but a person who will look for a return on his investment and that will be his overiding priority - not us winning anything. I'll bet my nads right now if he takes over ST prices will be the first thing to go up - and by a considerable ammount.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

That's fair enough mate, I do agree that he would want something in return, no one would get involved otherwise but prefer to reserve my judgment untill it's all a little clearer.

Abramovich hasn't stiched Chelsea up like the Glazzers have at United so for me it could go either way if it ever happens.

Kronkee and Usmanov are 2 of a kind for me, both are unknown quantities, the only difference being is that Kronkee is obviously onside with Fiszman.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"He is looking on us as an investment financially - he couldn't give a flying fuck how we do on the pitch."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

If he was a Gooner he'd heave already had some kind of investment in the club - long before DD sought him out to sell his shares - it's not like he has suddenly become a billionaire overnight - Just like some people like to buy the latest iPod everytime a new one comes out - these russian olgarchs are in it for 3 things :

Profit

The High Profile (Fame) that goes with owning a Football Club (especially an English Prem club) - another way to boost their oversized Ego's and Wallets...

As just another form of competition with the other Olgarchs and American Shite wipes who own Football clubs (Abramovich/Glasiers) being the most famous - some people collect stamps, some train sets some Football Clubs...thankfully the rules state they can only have one

The BIG problem with allowing someone like Usmanov to take over - is that in the short term - all may go well - BUT it is the Long Term that the club, AW and the Board have kept in mind - which is one of the reasons why they have been careful with the ole Wonga...Wenger has always stated that he is not only doing his best for the club "Now" - But for the long run - long into the future - which is why - one of the first things he raised with the board was that Arsenal need new training facilities and a new and bigger ground....and my instinct tells me that although we have had a trophy drought for 4 seasons now - He has achieved more than the other managers would be able to if they were in charge...

IF the club HAS to go into foreign ownership I think I would prefer kroenke - As he seems at least to have an inkling about what Arsenal's History and Traditions are....

Though I prefer Neither Usmanov or Kroenke :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I've skimmed read this thread and others and haven't seen this mentioned and now Dave Whelan, Chairman of Wigan has also said the same.
I've been saying this for while about the Glaziers and Abramovic screwing over their clubs...and as much as the stadium costs are hurting us at the moment (short term) once we come out starting in the next few years will be rich!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... order.html

Dave Whelan: Football must put its house in order
A major Premier League club could "do a Leeds United'' and fall down the divisions if rising debt levels are not tackled, Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has warned.

By Henry Winter

Warning: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says that a major Premier League club could drop down the divisions unless rising debt levels are tackled
"That could really happen,'' insisted Whelan, who believes that Manchester United, Wigan's guests this evening, must "put their house in order''.

United's holding company has just reported £699 million of debt, of which £600 million is secured against the club. "The problem is the interest payments,'' Whelan said. "United make excellent profits but all of that profit is going to pay off interest charges.

Bolton prove point over Wigan "I have argued at Premier League meetings that we should only be allowed to have 20 or 25 per cent of our turnover in debt. On United's turnover of £250 million, they could be allowed around £60 million. United would have to be given some time – two or three years – to put their house in order.

"Debt has got to be controlled. Sooner or later one of the foreign owners is going to walk away, saying, 'I want my money back' or leaving the club to find the money the club owes. That's the big worry. If those lads [the Glazers] or the lad at Chelsea [Roman Abramovich] walk away, who is going to pick it up?

"It is time to introduce severe testing on ownership of clubs to make sure people running clubs are honest, genuine and are not going to put clubs into serious debt.''

It was revealed yesterday that the Premier League is to adopt a range of rules concerning finance and ownership to satisfy government demands that football addresses concerns about financial excess.

Highbury1965

Re: I want Usmanov in!

Post by Highbury1965 »

projoe wrote:
Highbury1965 wrote:Then your a total mug, and have absolutly no clue.
so if he offered to pay off the debt, you would say no would you?

that would make you the mug

LOL at this comment!

:roll:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Boomer wrote:I've skimmed read this thread and others and haven't seen this mentioned and now Dave Whelan, Chairman of Wigan has also said the same.
I've been saying this for while about the Glaziers and Abramovic screwing over their clubs...and as much as the stadium costs are hurting us at the moment (short term) once we come out starting in the next few years will be rich!!

A major Premier League club could "do a Leeds United'' and fall down the divisions if rising debt levels are not tackled, Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has warned.

By Henry Winter

Warning: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan says that a major Premier League club could drop down the divisions unless rising debt levels are tackled
"That could really happen,'' insisted Whelan, who believes that Manchester United, Wigan's guests this evening, must "put their house in order''.

United's holding company has just reported £699 million of debt, of which £600 million is secured against the club. "The problem is the interest payments,'' Whelan said. "United make excellent profits but all of that profit is going to pay off interest charges.

Bolton prove point over Wigan "I have argued at Premier League meetings that we should only be allowed to have 20 or 25 per cent of our turnover in debt. On United's turnover of £250 million, they could be allowed around £60 million. United would have to be given some time – two or three years – to put their house in order.

"Debt has got to be controlled. Sooner or later one of the foreign owners is going to walk away, saying, 'I want my money back' or leaving the club to find the money the club owes. That's the big worry. If those lads [the Glazers] or the lad at Chelsea [Roman Abramovich] walk away, who is going to pick it up?

"It is time to introduce severe testing on ownership of clubs to make sure people running clubs are honest, genuine and are not going to put clubs into serious debt.''

It was revealed yesterday that the Premier League is to adopt a range of rules concerning finance and ownership to satisfy government demands that football addresses concerns about financial excess.
I think he's spot on.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Boomer wrote:I've skimmed read this thread and others and haven't seen this mentioned and now Dave Whelan, Chairman of Wigan has also said the same.

By Henry Winter

I think he's spot on.
Ah - this is getting silly!!!! I agree with him too! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

:shock:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Yay! something people agree with me on!!! :roll:

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »