valencia

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ozzy griggs

valencia

Post by ozzy griggs »

reports are that man utd real madrid and bayern munich are all fighting over a 20million bid for this wigan player am i right in thinking that wenger had this player on trial and didnt want him?

basilbrush14

Post by basilbrush14 »

I think so either that or he recommended him to Steve Bruce.

Sometimes managers do make the wrong judgements. But Wengers done enough good dealing over the years

projoe

Post by projoe »

i dont think weve ever had valencia, you sure youre not getting mixed up with palacios?

hutchy08

Post by hutchy08 »

palacios

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Not sure about trials but i think Wenger recommended him to Steve Bruce

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

flash gunner wrote:Not sure about trials but i think Wenger recommended him to Steve Bruce
Correct, at the time we were overloaded in Midfield so he recommended him to Steve Bruce!?!?!

I suppose, and for Arsene's sake, that it was Bruce that sought Wengers "recommendation".

I'm convinced that Steve Bruce is playing or using Football Manager as some of his signings are very odd/bold for a team of Wigans cabilbre.

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

It always looks bad when a young player moves on or doesnt join us and then proves themselves elsewhere.
How many have we missed out on over the years? :banghead: :twisted:
That said when the likes on c*ntley was there we had Pires :barscarf: , Lundberg :barscarf: , Berkamp :barscarf: , Kanu :barscarf: , Wiltord :barscarf: , Henry :barscarf: , Viera :barscarf: , and Edu :barscarf: who all had attacking intentions. So maybe i'm not so sad that sack of shite moved on elsewhere.
Stinking Shitebag Faggot :banghead:

hutchy08

Post by hutchy08 »

he recommended palacios not valencia

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

No doubt when he's scoring 20 goals a year for the Mancs and his value soars to £35m, he will join Arsene's list of "we could have signed him" / "nearly signed him" to sit alongside Ronaldo, Drogba etc etc.

Followed by a comment to say that the reason we didn't sign him was so that we didn't "kill" our young players (including Arsene's favourite wingers Eboue and Diaby)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

It was palacios that wenger had on trial and now them twats have got him.

Didnt we TWICE turn down ronaldo, still he is shit and dives all the time, i am sure all the arsenal faithful would hate him for all that diving if he had stayed, just like that eboue :? :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Awww Fuck - don't say that! - I've got that HORRIBLE Image in my brain now!

ronaldo fuckin turd burgler and eboue - drama queen shyte bag - BOTH in the same team! :shock: :shock: :shock: :cussing: ...BOTH fucking diving left right and centre......

pheeew! that was a close one :wayno2:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

basilbrush14 wrote:I think so either that or he recommended him to Steve Bruce.

Sometimes managers do make the wrong judgements. But Wengers done enough good dealing over the years
yep - stepanovs, diaby, eboue, pennant, song, taylor, jeffers, wiltord, greedywhore, swiss tony, luzhny, aliadiere, the tranny sylvestre...

:lol: :wink:

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

yep - stepanovs, diaby, eboue, pennant, song, taylor, jeffers, wiltord, greedywhore, swiss tony, luzhny, aliadiere, the tranny sylvestre...

You cannot call half of those singings bad business

certainly not Adebayor, Eboue, Song, Wiltord, Senderos or Luzhny

with the execption of Wiltord they all cost next to nothing and all good players!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

with the execption of Wiltord they all cost next to nothing and all good players!
Ok lets add Richard Wright and Jose Reyes to the list. Neither of those two cost "next to nothing", both left shortly afterwards at a significant loss and both turned out to be utter shite (Reyes had one reasonable year before the Mancs kicked him to shite but still significantly poor value)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Oh pull your fucking head in... :roll:

It was meant as a lighthearted comment but you rose tinters just cannot see past the jersey can you? He plays for us - he is great. Pathetic. :roll:

And if we are calling it as it is then the only one I'd even half rate out of Adebayor, Eboue, Song, Wiltord, Senderos or Luzhny would be Luzhny because he was a real battler, very limited and prone to awful gaffs but at least he gave his all.

Song had 4 or 5 half decent games towards the end of this season, no more; he is not PL quality. End of.

Eboue is a diver, a cheat and a whiner that cannot shoot, score goals or even complete a simple pass after running headlong at the oppo in the fashion of a spastic chicken. Fuck the fact he once put in one decent cross for Henry to score against the mancs, ancient history - he is shit.

Greedywhore? Dear god, how can anyone defend the laziest, greddiest, one season wonder we've ever had at the club? The ammount of chances he misses with what we create for him?? He is muck. Snap out of it.

Senderos was a calamity with every second touch. He had the turning circle of your average oil tanker. No character either - so he got bullied by Drogba... boo fucking hoo. Man up and tackle the crunt.

Wiltord? Did you ever see Wiltord play? Think; Jeffers' vision combined with Bendtner's first touch and then add extra shitness...

Rose tinters really make me wonder sometimes... :roll: