Julio Baptista - Will he stay or will he go ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chunky The Gooner

Julio Baptista - Will he stay or will he go ?

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Well Sky Sports said Arsene has already made up his mind if Baptista is going to stay or not . What do you think? On performances so far is he better than what we already have ? Does he add something different? Beast or not?

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

I think he adds something as he seems to be the only centre forward we have that actually plays in the centre. Everyone else, Henry, Adebayor, RVP, Jeremie Aliadiere - they all seem to like playing out wide and then coming into the middle.

I know he missed a hatfull of sitters recently but you have to look further than that and appreciate that he read his team mates well and ended up on the end of a few chances - was in the right place at the right time. Remember he's still settling in and also look at Adebayor and how much everyone, including myself, was quick to want to sell him earlier on in the season. Let these players settle in properly. We're only starting to see how well Rosicky can do NOW and he's been here longer. The same with Hleb.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I think he will stay, we are yet to see the best of him but have certainly seen glimpses of what he is capable of against Liverpool in the Carling Cup I also think he and Gilberto are playing a key role in helping young Dennilson settle in to life overseas and with such a promising talent, this has got to be a good thing.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

hope he ill stay and think he will staycoz wenger aint gonna let that twat reyes back after 1 min ge wants to stay next min wants to go...if u remmember around the same time thats wat was happening wiv cash....wenger wont let him kill the morale and reyes wanted to go madrid his there and they will come to some sort of agreeement

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Stearmaster, If Wenger were to decide not to keep the Beast, it does not automatically mean that Reyes will have to return. I was lead to believe that both clubs have already agreed fees for each player and that the reason it was done as a loan deal was to avoid missing the transfer deadline.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I dont think you can keep him just because he has done well in the carling cup.He has to be able to play in the Premiership and the Champions League. If Wenger brings back Bendtner the future looks bleak for the Beast.At the moment he is 4th choice striker. As for Reyes he will never play for Arsenal again.Like Cashley he rubbished the club after he left. And the weather was too cold for him Poor Boy

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

I heard that Madrid don't want to keep Reyes, if that is the case he will indeed return to The Arsenal until we can find another spanish team to sign him. The Beast should stay. Pre season under Wenger and he should be a much improved player next season. He looks to have a bit of quality, good confidence and a willingness to work hard. I think he will be a really good player for us.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I think we should keep him for another season. Always a threat, lets just hope he can improve and get his consistency up.

Plus it's always nice to have a player called 'THE BEAST'