Anti Arsenal media?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RaM

Post by RaM »

I Hate Hleb wrote:They're right though, aren't they Ram? :cry: :roll: :lol: :wink:
It's how they say it that counts, not what they say! :lol:

digger

Post by digger »

Excellent quote by Bob Wilson back there :lol: I miss the days of Bob and Frank McLintock being on TV.. Frank was so biased towards us it almost evened out all the shit the other commentators were saying.

There was an article on BBC sport yesterday about how Spurs were now "genuine" top four contenders, because they drew at Villa. FFS. I seem to remember our draw at Villa last season being a death knoll for our Champions League future.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's a combination of most of the things mentioned on here plus our "dubious" entrance to the old 1st division ahead of the scum and their stupid fucking parrot has never been forgotten or forgiven!

Also George Graham did us no favours when he banned the media from the training ground. :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

It should also be remembered that before we won the title in 1930 - becoming the first southern team to do so - football was dominated by teams from the North. The biased media at the time didn't like the fact that some 'Southern Softies' had dared to gate-crash their party.

Up to then, Arsenal were a club going nowhere fast. Herbert Chapman changed all that - ironically by doing a Chelsea and spending huge transfer amounts on getting top players, thus the 'Bank of England' tag we used to have - and started the run that made the 1930's Arsenal sides into the foremost club in the country. Thereafter, a hatred of all things Arsenal began. :roll:

Also, I know from experience - and I've mentioned this before - that most of the football journalists are West Ham, Man United and Spurs fans. :oops: :roll: :lol: :wink:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Agree with most of the reasons given. Plus the fact that we just don’t have any players that these pundits are all a bit too chummy with.

Hansen burps just so he can taste Stevie G’s nuts all over again & Andy Gray’s farts probably smell of Rooney’s balls. Doesn’t matter if you’re talking about Lawrenson, or Shearer, Thompson, Redknapp with his incestuous fetish for “Lampsyâ€

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

N1AFC wrote:Why the fuck do people worry so much about what the media think....FUCK THEM!!!!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!
radford agrees with you totally

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Radford149 wrote:
N1AFC wrote:Why the fuck do people worry so much about what the media think....FUCK THEM!!!!

WE ARE THE ARSENAL AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!
radford agrees with you totally
Yeah, but does anyone give a fuck what you post anymore...? :roll:

topgoon

Olympiacos away

Post by topgoon »

Just to add more fuel to the fire, the only one of our group games being shown on free to air TV is the Olympiacos game and only because the beloved bindippers pissed their group games away and even the most diehard scouser doesn't give 2 shits if they win a meaningless game.

It gives ITV the chance to say Oh how pretty, shame they won't win anything this season.Wonder how many times the commentator will mention us losing to the rest of the top 4 or how few English players there are on show.

Off all the smug c***s on sky, it's Minto that I hate the most most. The prick almost has a smug look on his face anytime he talks us down. Actually fuck almost, he's practically a cheshire fucking cat when he's doing it. WANKER :evil:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

I don’t really blame ITV for showing the Mancs/Scousers ahead of us to be honest. They’re a business that relies on advertising income so they’re obviously always gonna show the game that’s most likely to bring in the biggest audience cos bigger viewing figures = better ad revenue. They’re probably practically obliged to on behalf of their shareholders. And nationwide both Ushtd/Lvrcnts have bigger fanbases than us - probably by some distance as well. We may bring in a few more neutral viewers cos of our style of play but nowhere near enough to bridge that gap.

Perhaps ITV could have at least shown us on ITV1 in the London region back when they still had 2 CL games on the same night, but even then there's probably as many "Mancs" & "Scousers" in London as Gooners & they only have 1 game now anyway. Fuck ITV anyhow, Andy Townsend is a twunt.

digger

Re: Olympiacos away

Post by digger »

topgoon wrote:Off all the smug c***s on sky, it's Minto that I hate the most most. The prick almost has a smug look on his face anytime he talks us down. Actually fuck almost, he's practically a cheshire fucking cat when he's doing it. WANKER :evil:
I can actually appreciate when Hansen and Gray have a pop at us, but when it comes from *word censored* like Minto, Sherwood, Redknapp, etc who won fuck all in their shitty career, it is just a pisstake.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

digger wrote:Excellent quote by Bob Wilson back there :lol: I miss the days of Bob and Frank McLintock being on TV.. Frank was so biased towards us it almost evened out all the shit the other commentators were saying.

There was an article on BBC sport yesterday about how Spurs were now "genuine" top four contenders, because they drew at Villa. FFS. I seem to remember our draw at Villa last season being a death knoll for our Champions League future.
Was that the knoll where the 3rd gunman (maybe) was in Dallas in 1963... :? :wink:

digger

Post by digger »

You say knell, I say knoll.... you say Adebayor, I say *word censored*.... :lol:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

digger wrote:You say knell, I say knoll.... you say Adebayor, I say *word censored*.... :lol:
I know you meant that ya kneb... :wink: :lol:

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:I don’t really blame ITV for showing the Mancs/Scousers ahead of us to be honest. They’re a business that relies on advertising income so they’re obviously always gonna show the game that’s most likely to bring in the biggest audience cos bigger viewing figures = better ad revenue. They’re probably practically obliged to on behalf of their shareholders. And nationwide both Ushtd/Lvrcnts have bigger fanbases than us - probably by some distance as well. We may bring in a few more neutral viewers cos of our style of play but nowhere near enough to bridge that gap.

Perhaps ITV could have at least shown us on ITV1 in the London region back when they still had 2 CL games on the same night, but even then there's probably as many "Mancs" & "Scousers" in London as Gooners & they only have 1 game now anyway. Fuck ITV anyhow, Andy Townsend is a twunt.
twunt? :coffeespit:

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

They do love a 'Galactico'. Not sure how much they hated us in 03/04, but I've never picked up on it til I've seen it mentioned here. The fact United and the Mugsmashers have far more supporters will have something to do with it. And they totally believe Terry and Lampard's shit doesn't stink. Probably want City or someone else to break the big four cos ratings are going down what with the league being so predictable at the top. More non-big 4 supporters would watch games if they thought someone new could get in the Champs League I reckon.