Wenger should resign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Monostich

Wenger should resign

Post by Monostich »

In my honest opinion, of course.

Lets look at his proud Arsenal record:

Premier League (3 titles): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2003–04

FA Cup (4 cups): 1997–98, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05

FA Community Shield (4 times): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

..and don't forget about regular Champions League football and a European Cup final in there too. He turned players like Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry into the legends that they are today, they would be NOTHING without Wenger.

Arsene still has supporters on his side but I think he should walk at the end of this season whilst his name is still intact. Arsenal need a man with fresh ideas and someone who is good at attracting big names in the transfer window i.e. a Mourinho or Hiddink type of manager.

I feel if Wenger stays at Arsenal for another season then he'll lose every supporter and his name will be tarnished. It shouldn't be this way as Wenger turned Arsenal FC into the massive club that they are today. No Arsenal supporter wants him to become like Benitez who has lossed dozens of Liverpool supporters and will continue to do so with his negative tactics, ugly football and bewildering transfer signings.

Your opinions?
Last edited by Monostich on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

oh dear..... youre gonna get battered now Mono

Monostich

Post by Monostich »

That picture wouldn't work then I realised I had not put the img tags in.

D'uh! :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

we don't give a fuck what any manc thinks our manager should do :evil:

worry about the financial cesspit your club are in and leave arsenal to arsenal supporters to talk about.

Monostich

Post by Monostich »

REBEL GOONER wrote: worry about the financial cesspit your club are in and leave arsenal to arsenal supporters to talk about.
I am worried, believe me! But what's the point in making a United thread on an Arsenal forum?

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

REBEL GOONER wrote:we don't give a fuck what any manc thinks our manager should do :evil:

worry about the financial cesspit your club are in and leave arsenal to arsenal supporters to talk about.
hey rebel, calm down mate. monostich means no harm. he is here just as football lover who wants to see what other supporters think :goingtobed:

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

Is that your idea of laying low ?

You've clearly been reading all the articles on this forum for the past couple of weeks.

There are plenty of threads discussing the current situation at Arsenal and plenty of high emotion regarding the situation.

For someone who claims that he is not on a wind up, could you not have gauged the mood and opinion of Arsenal fans on here based on the numerous threads that currently exist ?

Instead you have to create a new one to create more tension on here.

You are well aware that some people think you are out to wind us up.

Your "oh I am a mature fan who cares about your opinions..." act is wearing a bit thin now mate.

In another post you have said "Well if the mods don't like me they will ban me"

Well I don't like you, nothing personal as I don't know you. But I do beleive your intentions on here are to wind people up.

There is enough debate internally amongst Arsenal fans without other fans igniting the debate.

Mods, I would suggest that one of you has a conversation with Mono as to his intentions, as in my opinon they are not as he states.

Thanks
Last edited by clockendal on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

projoe

Post by projoe »

Monostich wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote: worry about the financial cesspit your club are in and leave arsenal to arsenal supporters to talk about.
I am worried, believe me! But what's the point in making a United thread on an Arsenal forum?
why are you on an arsenal forum then, go to the united forum and make threads to your hearts content there :roll: :pcabuse:

Monostich

Post by Monostich »

projoe wrote:
Monostich wrote:
why are you on an arsenal forum then, go to the united forum and make threads to your hearts content there :roll: :pcabuse:
I do make threads on a United forum thank you very much :)

Seriously, some of you are so damn angry all the time. Where is the constructive debate here? :?

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

clockendal wrote:Is that your idea of laying low ?

You've clearly been reading all the articles on this forum for the past couple of weeks.

There are plenty of threads discussing the current situation at Arsenal and plenty of high emotion regarding the situation.

For someone who claims that he is not on a wind up, could you not have gauged the mood and opinion of Arsenal fans on here based on the numerous threads that currently exist ?

Your "oh I am a mature fan who cares about your opinions..." act is wearing a bit thin now mate.

Well I don't like you, nothing personal as I don't know you. But I do beleive your intentions on here are to wind people up.

There is enough debate internally amongst Arsenal fans without other fans igniting the debate.

Mods, I would suggest that one of you has a conversation with Mono as to his intentions, as in my opinon they are not as he states.

Thanks
Mono,

please can you respond to this post

Thanks

Monostich

Post by Monostich »

clockendal wrote:

Thanks
Mono,

Thanks
What is the point in me replying to anyone or giving my opinion? I'll just get the usual rubbish thrown at me.

You'll be happy to know that I'll definately post less around here now, I've tried to have some grown up footy debate but some of you are way too angry and bitter to even construct a decent argument.

For the others that have welcomed me here, thank you and I think the football world could benefit from more fantatics like you.

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

Monostich wrote:
clockendal wrote:

Thanks
Mono,

Thanks
What is the point in me replying to anyone or giving my opinion? I'll just get the usual rubbish thrown at me.

You'll be happy to know that I'll definately post less around here now, I've tried to have some grown up footy debate but some of you are way too angry and bitter to even construct a decent argument.

For the others that have welcomed me here, thank you and I think the football world could benefit from more fantatics like you.
I have not thrown any rubbish at you.

I've asked you some simple questions to which refuse to reply.

GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

yeah guys leave mono alone!

he's just 'obsessed' with seeing other supporters opinions remember. :lol: tool

hatemanu99

Post by hatemanu99 »

I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.

clockendal

Post by clockendal »

hatemanu99 wrote:I don't really mind you being on here Mono, in fact it's interesting to hear what other fans think. You must have a serious amount of time on your hands if you really are on all the forums you say you are.

Re Wenger no I don't think he should resign. I am totally baffled by the transfer inactivity given the funds the club says it has, and utterly embarassed by the excuses and ridiculous stats Wenger increasingly uses. However I do believe he has his hands tied by the Board. Accounts can be made to look much more rosy than they are. Totally speculative but perhaps the reasons they were drawn up as they were was to increase the club's bargaining power when restructuring the debt. Whatever the true picture is I believe that once funds are genuinely available, Wenger will spend. He knows this team isn't good enough and he agreed back in 2005 or whenever that he would cope while we got the stadium up and running. He won't get sacked and I don't think he'll resign until he's won the league (and maybe the champions league). He wants it too badly and no other club in the world would give him the power he has at Arsenal. He loves London and his daughter has recently started at a top secondary school, and given his love of stability I don't think he'd move his family any time soon. It's painful at the moment and I fear we'll lose a lot of supporters, but Arsenal will be back.
If we lose supporters, then in my eyes they are not true supporters. If we lose some then they are not worth having.