Quick question re. getting into the Emirates

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
safcftm

Quick question re. getting into the Emirates

Post by safcftm »

Just a quick query- having dragged my mate into the sunderland end at the SoL for the game earlier in the season, i am being dragged into the arsenal end this time around. We both renewed our red memberships and booked tickets on the ticket exchange- at the time it seemed to suggest that the tickets would be sent to my address but this hasnt happened

I then noticed that the booking confirmation email states "Members attending home matches at Emirates Stadium are requested to print a copy of this confirmation email and bring it to the match, together with their membership card, in order to locate their seat and gain access to the stadium."

I presume this means that the tickets dont get sent out but, since i have to get them from the ground, does anyone know if this means that i have to go to a ticket office at the ground, show the confirmation and membership card, and take a ticket, or if i simply go to the turnstile before the match and show confirmation/ card to a steward who lets me in without the need for a ticket?

Hopefully i can get them from ticket office as i intend to be a bit pissed by near kickoff, so they might not let me in if i have to try and get tickets at 2:45 or so!

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

your red membership card is your ticket mate, unless there is a different rule for exchange tickets, the email only tells you where your seat is.

hope you have a shite day :wink:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

xDAVEYx wrote:your red membership card is your ticket mate, unless there is a different rule for exchange tickets, the email only tells you where your seat is.

hope you have a shite day :wink:
ah, magic, cheers mate- since we're going to get raped (we havent won away from home for about 75 years and havent won at all for ages, and only have 2 fit midfielders!) i reckon i'll need a bit to drink, so i didnt fancy going to a steward just before kick off to try and get in!

Only other thing is that i booked the two tickets and assigned the membership number for one of the tickets to that of my mate, but both of the confirmation emails have my membership number on them- hope it remembers to let me mate in!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

It's really easy, the e-mail they sent you will identify which turnstile you need to go in through. When you get there just put your red membership card into the slot on the wall and the light will turn green. You can then go through the turnstile. Your mate will be okay using his ticket as you would have to have entered his membership number in order to buy the ticket. So it is exactly the same for him. You then find your seat by using the e-mail. Have a look on our for sale and wanted section and you'll see a seating plan for the ground. it will tell you where you are and whether you are lower or upper tier.
I take it you are going to the fans game beforehand? If so, I'll see you there and you can confirm everything then ith me. Just bring the e-mail along.

PS. Hope you have a totally shite day :lol: :lol: :wink:

digger

Post by digger »

I find it funny watching the away fans trying to get into the ground :lol:

You'll only need to speak to the steward if your card doesn't work (unlikely unless you happen to carry magnets in your wallet or something)... literally find your turnstyle, hold your card up to the reader and walk straight in.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

SPUDMASHER wrote:It's really easy, the e-mail they sent you will identify which turnstile you need to go in through. When you get there just put your red membership card into the slot on the wall and the light will turn green. You can then go through the turnstile. Your mate will be okay using his ticket as you would have to have entered his membership number in order to buy the ticket. So it is exactly the same for him. You then find your seat by using the e-mail. Have a look on our for sale and wanted section and you'll see a seating plan for the ground. it will tell you where you are and whether you are lower or upper tier.
I take it you are going to the fans game beforehand? If so, I'll see you there and you can confirm everything then ith me. Just bring the e-mail along.

PS. Hope you have a totally shite day :lol: :lol: :wink:
thanks all- yeah we hope to get along to the fans game, we arrive into london at 8:05 so should be able to get across. We're hoping to find some sort of all day tube ticket beast, and that'll be us sorted- we're out all night afterwards as our flight back is 7:30am sunday, so we will probably have quite a good knowledge of london by the end of the day :wink:

I'll try to introduce meself at the fans game, but i must admit i'll be a bit apprehensive about saying "hi, are you one of the people off the internet" :wink:. I'll be the one cheering if the sunderland lads grab a goal- might be me only chance to celebrate a sunderland goal!

maddog

Hi just to let you know

Post by maddog »

Few of the nearby pubs will allow you in in Mackem attire unless you are in covert mode. My son is down from Carlisle for this one and hope to take revenge on the game up at yours....

safcftm

Re: Hi just to let you know

Post by safcftm »

maddog wrote:Few of the nearby pubs will allow you in in Mackem attire unless you are in covert mode. My son is down from Carlisle for this one and hope to take revenge on the game up at yours....
dont worry, im going undercover. With our flight back being 7:30 on sunday morning we decided we could just not bother paying for accommodation and stay out, so i knew i needed normal clothes to get into pubs/ clubs. Plus im in the arsenal end and didnt fancy getting my arse handed to me :wink:

This also means i can take my pick of home pubs and away friendly pubs which will be good- my mate will want to go into some arsenal pubs and i fancy a bit sing song in a sunderland one! I am "fortunate" that i have been stuck in scotland for most of my life and thus wont be rumbled as a red and white by my accent!

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

How is it you've got red membership. Surely its not just to see sunderland Arsenal games once a season.

you're well liked on this forum, if you need tickets i'm sure people could sort you out if thats the case.

enjoy the day out and i hope sunderland get their asses handed to them on the pitch.

spawn_e_git

Post by spawn_e_git »

safcftm wrote:
maddog wrote:Few of the nearby pubs will allow you in in Mackem attire unless you are in covert mode. My son is down from Carlisle for this one and hope to take revenge on the game up at yours....
dont worry, im going undercover. With our flight back being 7:30 on sunday morning we decided we could just not bother paying for accommodation and stay out, so i knew i needed normal clothes to get into pubs/ clubs. Plus im in the arsenal end and didnt fancy getting my arse handed to me :wink:

This also means i can take my pick of home pubs and away friendly pubs which will be good- my mate will want to go into some arsenal pubs and i fancy a bit sing song in a sunderland one! I am "fortunate" that i have been stuck in scotland for most of my life and thus wont be rumbled as a red and white by my accent!
In the Plimsole (Triangle) you'll be OK. Last season there was a load of Mackems in the pub when we got there. No problems at all, we all got on with them.

They were respectful when the Redition was sung and they came back afterwards for a drink as well.

Obviously they were much happier with the draw as that was probably the worst game of all last season in terms of quality from both sides.

Come in the Triangle on the stage area. I'll be the load mouth twat up there with all the others.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Which block are you in? (just so that when our 7th goal goes in we can jump up and down on top of you)

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

12thGooner wrote:How is it you've got red membership. Surely its not just to see sunderland Arsenal games once a season.

you're well liked on this forum, if you need tickets i'm sure people could sort you out if thats the case.

enjoy the day out and i hope sunderland get their asses handed to them on the pitch.
cheers mate- i got the membership last season because my mate found out there were tickets left for roma away in the champions league and he wanted to go. He hardly ever gets to watch the arsenal so i said id come along and we'd make a holiday of it. As usual had a great time with the arsenal lot (always get on well with them when they come to sunderland and when i went to highbury, and my mate also took me when he went to newcastle v arsenal in the fa cup a few years ago, we were in the arsenal end and it finished a draw, about the same time as bergkamp scored "that goal" against them, and i went in the arsenal end for a friendly away at rangers a few seasons back which was also a great laugh)

This time we just thought the easiest way to get tickets would be to renew and buy them off the arsenal site. Next season i think i'll go in the sunderland end but i'll bear this place in mind if im ever stuck for any reason, cheers

I fully expect a heavy defeat what with only having 2 midfielders fit, but its going to be a class day out nonetheless, and an all nighter to follow it will be immense as well (as long as they let me on my plane for the way back!).

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

From the menu, order the "Rosbif, a la merde".

Washed down with a pint of dishwater...mmmm...lovely.

8)

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Which block are you in? (just so that when our 7th goal goes in we can jump up and down on top of you)
we had to get two seperate seats as we got tickets over the exchange, one is in area 105 Upper Tier, the other one is area 101 Upper Tier.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

spawn_e_git wrote:
safcftm wrote:

In the Plimsole (Triangle) you'll be OK. Last season there was a load of Mackems in the pub when we got there. No problems at all, we all got on with them.

They were respectful when the Redition was sung and they came back afterwards for a drink as well.

Obviously they were much happier with the draw as that was probably the worst game of all last season in terms of quality from both sides.

Come in the Triangle on the stage area. I'll be the load mouth twat up there with all the others.
might give it a try- we're there from 8am until 5am the next morning so i reckon i'll try most places out :wink: