Parking near the ground

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
digger

Parking near the ground

Post by digger »

Morning all

Does anyone know of anywhere decent to park near the ground (either cheap or free). I had to come in to work this morning, and my trains aren't running so thought I'd just drive up to highbury this evening for the game.

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

Morning Digger,

I drove up for the CC cup game and parked at Drayton Park Primary School.
But it costs £20.

North bank girl

Morning Digger,

I drove up for the CC cup game and parked at Drayton Park Primary School.
But it costs £20.

ah double post sorry

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

hi Digg"sey....
the only places i know are @highbury corner/new noth road who charge £10.
or
The school almost opposite Drayton park station who charge £20

hth.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

OOPS!!...hiya sexy bum. :barscarf: :barscarf:

digger

Post by digger »

Cheers NBG. I know somewhere off City Road I can park (for free), was just hoping there would be somewhere nearer the ground. Can't really be arsed paying £20 as it would be cheaper to just get a cab from where I am planning on parking :lol: ;)

Edit, cheers ****.

Anyone know what the street parking restrictrions are in Islington on bank holidays?

digger

Post by digger »

Enforcement hours

The table below shows what sort of parking enforcement will happen over the Christmas and New Year period.

Monday 27 Dec

Minimal enforcement

Minimal enforcement means we will only be enforcing dangerous contraventions such as double yellow lines, footways, and obstructions.

Does that mean I can just find a nice single yellow to leave my motor at? :)

North bank girl

digger wrote:Cheers NBG. I know somewhere off City Road I can park (for free), was just hoping there would be somewhere nearer the ground. Can't really be arsed paying £20 as it would be cheaper to just get a cab from where I am planning on parking :lol: ;)

Edit, cheers ****.

Anyone know what the street parking restrictrions are in Islington on bank holidays?
Cheaper in a cab! Not at ****'s prices! :wink:

digger

Post by digger »

North bank girl wrote:Cheaper in a cab! Not at ****'s prices! :wink:
:shock:

I prefer my cabbies to be clothed.

Last time I got a cab round there, the guy had just won the lottery and gave me a free glass of champagne.... :lol:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

I think anyone who knows the free parking locations would be loathe to disclose them on a chat site used by thousands of other Arsenal supporters

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

North bank girl wrote:
digger wrote:Cheers NBG. I know somewhere off City Road I can park (for free), was just hoping there would be somewhere nearer the ground. Can't really be arsed paying £20 as it would be cheaper to just get a cab from where I am planning on parking :lol: ;)

Edit, cheers ****.

Cheaper in a cab! Not at ****'s prices! :wink:
GGRRRR!!!! im taking back the sexy Bum comment.

NICE TITS!! :wink:

digger

Post by digger »

hugh jardon wrote:I think anyone who knows the free parking locations would be loathe to disclose them on a chat site used by thousands of other Arsenal supporters
Wasn't expecting people to disclose a secretive parking space they would otherwise use, just wanted to know if anyone knew of somewhere with relaxed regulations due to the public holiday

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Oi DIGG"sey...ive noted the Champagne comment. :twisted:

:wink: :lol:

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

Not sure where you're comiong from or going to after mate but there's a big car park opposite Blackhorse Road station on the victoria line then about 3 stops to Finsbury Park which we always use on the rare occaisions we go by car.

digger

Post by digger »

charliegeorgewhocanhitem wrote:Not sure where you're comiong from or going to after mate but there's a big car park opposite Blackhorse Road station on the victoria line then about 3 stops to Finsbury Park which we always use on the rare occaisions we go by car.
Cheers mate - normally use Blackhorse if I drive up there, but I'm in the City (Blackfriars) at the moment, so don't really want to go back on myself :lol:

Think I'll settle on my handy little parking spot on City Road :)