Please write a complaint letter to Mr Wenger

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
QuartzGooner

Please write a complaint letter to Mr Wenger

Post by QuartzGooner »

Most will be well aware of arsenalfcnotplc

Please take part in our first campaign, which is for club members and other fans to write to Mr Wenger expressing our frustration.
All postal letters to the club have to be logged by club staff, so in conjunction with the up coming march, the club staff will notice an increase in fan complaints.

A template letter is below, and please send it to Arsene Wenger.

The address is:

Arsenal Football Club
Highbury House
75, Drayton Park
London
N5 1BU

"Dear Mr Wenger,

I have been an Arsenal fan for many years, and am a platinum/gold/silver/red member. I respect your past achievements and consider you an all time legend. But the past few seasons have been painful. It is almost essential to finish in the top four, but hand on heart, I do not feel we have been seriously challenging for the title.
We are not far off, but we a definite distance away.
I feel as if we are stuck in a repeating pattern of being "nearly men".

We have a lot of youth players coming through the ranks, but I cannot see how we can progress without spending on more experienced players.

I also worry about the defence, who have not been good enough at set pieces for a while now.

Please, for the good of the club, spend some of our cash reserves to push us that extra bit further to the title. It is disheartening to know cash is available but not being spent.

Yours,

Mr A Gooner."

Post by 1886 »

Good job on this Quartz, will send out a copy tomorrow morning.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

I agree, good stuff.

Are afcnotplc behind the BSM march?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:I agree, good stuff.

Are afcnotplc behind the BSM march?
Yes. We encourage people to join it.

We are different groups but at this stage of the season we need the club to realise the fans want changes.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Good luck Quartz !

BTW - I think you're a bit greedy to be a Red, Silver, Gold and Platinum member. I never knew you were called A Gooner either :D

tel

Post by tel »

Sorry but this a bit to nicey for me. He's had ample time to fix our faults but hasn't done so therefore my letter wouldn't be so polite. Same for the BSM protest, if it was anti Wenger I'd come up for it.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

SteveO 35 wrote:Good luck Quartz !

BTW - I think you're a bit greedy to be a Red, Silver, Gold and Platinum member. I never knew you were called A Gooner either :D
I'm picturing the poor guy asking "Who the hell is a A. Gooner and why does he keep sending me the same letter"

(Warning - any attempts to mis-use that and I will Psychically CUT you - carry on then :D ... :lol: )

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm thinking of sending one signed Mr D.Dein

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Actually I keep thinking of the Dela Tao Chi Oath from Animal House everyone says "I...State Your Name...do solemnly swear..."

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Good letter by the way Quartz.

Post by 1886 »

tel wrote:Sorry but this a bit to nicey for me. He's had ample time to fix our faults but hasn't done so therefore my letter wouldn't be so polite. Same for the BSM protest, if it was anti Wenger I'd come up for it.
I understand what you are saying, but if as a group we wan't to be heard by the club, then we should go about our buisness in a polite manner.

I believe that an abusive letter wouldn't generate the desired response.

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

I feel the letter is a bit too messy and loose. It needs a few adjustments. I propose this amendment:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Wenger,

I have been a loyal Arsenal fan for many years, and am a platinum/gold/silver/red member.

I respect your past achievements and consider you an all time legend, but the past few seasons have been painful for us all.

While I understand it is important to finish in the top four, many fans and I honestly believe our title ambitions have been lacking.

We may challenge constantly, but it is clear we are some way away from winning the Premiership. I feel as if we are stuck in a repeating pattern of being "nearly men".

Yes, we have strong youth players coming through the ranks, but I cannot see how we can win the title without spending on more experienced players.
I also worry about the defence, who have not been good enough at set pieces for a while now.

Please, for the good of the club, invest some of our cash reserves into strengthening the squad so that we may truly challenge for the title.

Fans are constantly investing their own time and money into the club, but there is little evidence to suggest this is being reinvested into the team. This is extremely disheartening.

Yours,

Mr A Gooner."

Post by 1989 »

He'll rip it up and bin it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:He'll rip it up and bin it.
Nah, he'll claim he didn't see it instead :wink:

tel

Post by tel »

1886 wrote:
tel wrote:Sorry but this a bit to nicey for me. He's had ample time to fix our faults but hasn't done so therefore my letter wouldn't be so polite. Same for the BSM protest, if it was anti Wenger I'd come up for it.
I understand what you are saying, but if as a group we wan't to be heard by the club, then we should go about our buisness in a polite manner.
I believe that an abusive letter wouldn't generate the desired response.
But this is the problem. We want change but we're not quite sure how to go about it so we write letters effectively saying "Arsene, old chap please buy a player in the summer and it'll be alright". BSM want to hold a walk when really I want to write letters saying enough is enough, please leave. I want to go on a march where a proper protest takes place. It's all a bit half hearted although I do support BSM's manifesto.