Letter Campaign. Send this letter to Kroenke!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal 1991

Letter Campaign. Send this letter to Kroenke!

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

I know people are skeptical about the effect this will have but its worth a go anyway! Please personalise and send a copy to Kroenke and Gazidis!

Stan Kroenke c/o Arsenal Football Club/Ivan Gazidis
Owner/Chief Executive
Arsenal Football Club
Highbury House
London N5

Dear Mr Kroenke

I have been an Arsenal fan for many years, and am a platinum/gold/silver/red member. I feel the club have made great strides over the past ten years but is presently failing to capitalise on the infrastructure that it has. I respect all that the manager of this great club has achieved in his period of management but feel that now is the time for the club to push on under your new ownership and a new Board that takes a more dynamic approach to achieving football success. For instance the Board should be encouraging Arsene Wenger to spend the money we have tied up in the transfer proceeds account and to review the coaching and support network that is built around the football team.

Season Ticket holders have had to put up with the most expensive tickets for this stadium and we now expect that club, via its new ownership structure to make decisions that will allow the manager to be able to compete for the best players on the best wages in Europe. The fans deserve a team befitting of the high ticket prices they pay. We are close to winning trophies but feel the same problems have persisted in the last 3 seasons and still have not been addressed. A few experienced signings are needed.

It also seems obvious that to stop punitive rises in ticket prices the club needs to start to be ruthless with those marketing deals that make no economic sense in the current climate, and/or find a reason as to why the ''very'' highly paid marketing executives have failed to be able to sell the brand to any new partners.

The wage bill is also in danger of spiraling out of control, with many players getting a pay rise and long term contract seemingly for underachievement on the pitch. Many players are also still on the books but are not contributing to the club and will not in the future. We feel this needs to be more sensibly managed as this will lead to more pressure on the club to penalise the fans with the price rises.

Winning our group and then going through to the quarter finals of the Champions League would have earned us more than the season ticket price rise. Success on the pitch is vital for the long term future of the club.

The per game price of our season tickets are in line with our London rivals but we are forced to pay for cup games which the club would perhaps struggle to sell out otherwise. Removing these would be a start.

We are fans, we are Arsenal fans, and we expect those running the club to be on the same wavelength in wanting the best for the manager, the team, the club and the support, and at present there seems to be a huge divide between us. If action is not taken soon, divides will become larger and larger. There have already been fights in the ground.

We hope you feel the same way and will take the necessary action. Your actions will speak louder than your words.

Finally, I am concerned with the recent news that our players are prohibited from signing autographs now. The divide between fans and players is getting ever wider.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr A Arsenal
Last edited by Arsenal 1991 on Wed May 04, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

its good...but he wont even read it...save ya stamp mate

Herd

Bless

Post by Herd »

Good luck im sure they have a standard template reply .
Gazidis IS Kroenke's man and he has been there for some time.
The club dictate how much the manager spends not the other way round .
Wenger cannot spend so he will not .
Its all been said before .

Rugby Gooner

Re: Bless

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Herd wrote:Good luck im sure they have a standard template reply .
I think that you are right.It would be a waste of time and effort.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Not much effort, all you need to do is to print it off, sign it and stick it in a envelope!

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Arsenal 1991 wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Not much effort, all you need to do is to print it off, sign it and stick it in a envelope!
I know what you are saying mate,but these people don't give a fuck what we think about anything.They just want us to turn up every other week and empty our wallets into their coffers.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

I know, I know. Its worth a try though.

Would be funny to flood their mailbox as well!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

The only way is a protest outside (or inside) the ground at the Villa match.

Anything else and the Club can ignore it - however they can't ignore hundreds of Gooners singing / chanting in protest. The media will certainly pick up on it and that is how to get their undivided attention.

Hundreds of letters = will be ignored

Hundreds of protesting Gooners = can't be ignored!!

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:The only way is a protest outside (or inside) the ground at the Villa match.

Anything else and the Club can ignore it - however they can't ignore hundreds of Gooners singing / chanting in protest. The media will certainly pick up on it and that is how to get their undivided attention.

Do both!!!

Tweets from BSM

BlackScarfAFC: I can confirm that this afternoon we had a very encouraging meeting with the club, and we look forward to further dialogue in the future.

BlackScarfAFC: We discussed the background to our group & it was great to discover that the club are appreciative/welcoming to some of our suggestions.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Arsenal 1991 wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
I know what you are saying mate,but these people don't give a fuck what we think about anything.They just want us to turn up every other week and empty our wallets into their coffers.
Rugby I understand your point but this is a first effort not a decisive action.. If they think that the standard reply as you sat will be readily or eagerly accepted or even accepted at all, if we show the desire to surprise them we can make a real difference, and they won't be ablke to claim that they had no idea we felt so strongly then.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:The only way is a protest outside (or inside) the ground at the Villa match.

You may well be right and that is the direction this will inevtiably head if they choose the course you suggest they will which would hardly surprise if they did exactly that.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

USMartin is right. We're not just going to except the response and be on our way! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One thing I will say for Ivan; I wrote to him a couple seasons ago whining about the shit home jerseys and demanding the white sleeves back. He responded with what obviously wasn't a template letter as he addressed each of my concerns individually and with quite informal language. Not saying he won't just reply with a template to this letter (especially if they receive hundreds or thousands) but I was impressed with the way he replied to mine.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

DB10GOONER wrote:One thing I will say for Ivan; I wrote to him a couple seasons ago whining about the shit home jerseys and demanding the white sleeves back. He responded with what obviously wasn't a template letter as he addressed each of my concerns individually and with quite informal language. Not saying he won't just reply with a template to this letter (especially if they receive hundreds or thousands) but I was impressed with the way he replied to mine.
Ivan's bitch.

:shock: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

DB10GOONER wrote:One thing I will say for Ivan; I wrote to him a couple seasons ago whining about the shit home jerseys and demanding the white sleeves back. He responded with what obviously wasn't a template letter as he addressed each of my concerns individually and with quite informal language. Not saying he won't just reply with a template to this letter (especially if they receive hundreds or thousands) but I was impressed with the way he replied to mine.
I'm not saying I like Ivan but I've heard several instances of personal (non-template) responses.

I'm sure I've heard him say but he's the linked between us fans and the board. So although he may not agree with the boards decison he has to tow the party line.