FOR THE 'TINTERS - Defend Wenger here!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

FOR THE 'TINTERS - Defend Wenger here!

Post by frankbutcher »

I'm all ears.....

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

He has a really nice looking nose

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

He's got a lovely house in Totteridge....

dvbrisgooner1

Post by dvbrisgooner1 »

This is a comment left on my blog yesterday by Silva Tongue in response to a post about our failure to move on the likes of Rosicky, Denilson and Bendtner due to the wages they are on:

On to the players being paid too much issue.. the anti-wenger brigade are morons.. you do realise that its the chairman who negotiates and ok's contracts, right? it's not Wenger.. he just says who he wants.. those of you saying he put Arsenal in such a poor position, you do realise that the man has had his hands tied for years.. ever since the new stadium? he's operated Arsenal on a shoe-string budget for ages as the board try pay off the debt from the stadium.. maybe he hasn't won much.. but he's kept Arsenal right up there.. without him Arsenal have been bottom half of the table at best.. all that talk about having loads to spend but not feeling its necessary is a front t save face.. the image is worth far more than you can imagine.. same reason united couldn't afford to lose shrek after ronaldo so paid him a fortune n spent loads on new recruits despite being in loads of debt.. the loss of status would cripple them far more than a further 60/70/80 million of debt ever could

I really wish there weren't so many morons speaking on issues they can't understand

So there you go, we're all morons if we dare to point out the failings of the Manager. The fact that this clown believes the Chairman of Arsenal does the player contracts, rather than Arsene, tells you all you need to know.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Theres still time to sort things out, not saying he will but it's still possible.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

It's not a matter of defrnding Arsene Wenger really. I won't say too much lest I hi-jack your thread but defense is emotional as much as it is logical.

There is no no reason to emotionally analyze objective facts. The question is what makes sense logically based on what we in fact actually know.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

but he's kept Arsenal right up there.. without him Arsenal have been bottom half of the table at best.
what proof do you have? :lol: :roll:
those of you saying he put Arsenal in such a poor position, you do realise that the man has had his hands tied for years.. ever since the new stadium?
I thought our stadium was going to allow us to compete with europe's elite? :banghead:
you do realise that its the chairman who negotiates and ok's contracts, right?
do you understand the role of manager ? seriously blogs attract AKB's, post a lengthy reply to this cock that points out everything wrong with that post and then watch the *word censored* reply with "arSene nows" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Martin,

If it is all the Board's fault, why has Wenger remained here for the last 5 years as a 'patsy' taking all the flak?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

frankbutcher wrote:Martin,

If it is all the Board's fault, why has Wenger remained here for the last 5 years as a 'patsy' taking all the flak?
You know if you get into an arguement with him the thread will be relegated to the basement where he doesnt go :wink:

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

I read about people that want Wenger out everyday...yet I'm still to hear anybody come up with a name who would take us in th top 3 / 4 position every year, be considered titles contenders at least at one stage every season and play an attractive football at that.

You can sack Wenger all you want but until you come up with a name who is going to compete with Chelsea, ManU and City with a third of their budget......

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

He apparently has a very understanding wife!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

JakeN13 wrote:I read about people that want Wenger out everyday...yet I'm still to hear anybody come up with a name who would take us in th top 3 / 4 position every year, be considered titles contenders at least at one stage every season and play an attractive football at that.

You can sack Wenger all you want but until you come up with a name who is going to compete with Chelsea, ManU and City with a third of their budget......
Who'd heard of Wenger before he joined us?

Post by 1989 »

JakeN13 wrote:I read about people that want Wenger out everyday...yet I'm still to hear anybody come up with a name who would take us in th top 3 / 4 position every year, be considered titles contenders at least at one stage every season and play an attractive football at that.

Guus Hiddink - realistic
Pep Guardiola - realistic
Jose Mourinho - unrealistic
Andre Villas Boas - unrealistic
Carlo Ancelotti - realistic
Joachim Loew - realistic
Jurgen Klopp - realistic
Louis van Gaal - realistic
Marco van Basten - realistic
Alex Ferguson - unrealistic
Otmar Hitzfeld - realistic
Vicente del Bosque - realistic
Frank Rijkaard - realistic
Jupp Heynckes - unrealistic
Laurent Blanc - realistic
Fabio Capello - realistic
Manuel Pellegrini - unrealistic

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

That is getting a myth now, our football now-a-days is predictable and ever so slow.

Post by 1989 »

franksav63 wrote:

That is getting a myth now, our football now-a-days is predictable and ever so slow.
I agree. Our football is anything but entertaining or attractive. It sends me over the edge and makes me want to pull my damn hair out.