Are You happy with Transfer Dealings?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

Are You happy with Transfer Dealings?

Post by Babatunde »

I personally think it has been absolutely shambolic. I am disgusted and appalled at Arsenal this summer, never have I been more repulsed by Wenger and the *word censored* working on transfers in this club.

First things first: Arsenal have made a fucking profit in the transfer market AGAIN. That is quite simply unacceptable. It is scandalous that Wenger has made more money for his pals again when he had over £80 million at his disposal.

Next thing: YOSSI BENAYOUN. Easy this one: when Alex Ferguson is willing to sell you a player, you'll end up with a piece of shit (Silvestre). When Chelski are willing to actually lend Arsenal a player, not only is it a sign of how small-time we've become; but it shows how shit that player must be. Do you think Villas-Boas lent him out for fun? More importantly, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT CHEAPSKATE WENGER DOING SIGNING PLAYERS ON FUCKING LOOOAN WHEN HE HAS STACKS OF CASH LYING ABOUT??! There are tons of quality playmakers he could have tried to spend money on (Gotze, Diego, Gourcuff, Augusto etc...)

Yet we end up signing some Chelski reject ON LOAN. Shocking.

The position up front is unbelievable. Bendtner is superior to Chamakh, but he has been farmed out. So the rubbish Chamakh hangs about to stink the place out and pick up his £80k a week and now Arsenal are left with just two recognised strikers: RVP and Chooo Young whatever. So once RVP is injured, Arsenal will be left with a rubbish Korean from Ligue Deux and a piece of shit who belongs in Ligue Deux. Untrue.

DEFENCE: Mertesacker is an ok signing. But where is the proven PL defender? WHERE? Arsenal have stacks of cash but as usual, cheapskate Wenger did not want to push the boat out a bit more for Cahill. So it means we will be seeing plenty more of that hapless piss-flaps Djourou, and sadly the other spastic Koscielny. Great. Perhaps Man United can manage 10 at the Emirates when they visit.

Arsenal are one quality creative midfielder short and I am absolutely disgusted no striker has been brought in. The striker one especially will kill Arsenal big-time. RVP will get crocked soon, and the options up front are just fucking laughable. Literally, we've got two Championship standard players (at best) up front and they will get plenty of minutes once RVP is crocked. Fuck this I am absolutely sickened that Wenger has MADE A PROFIT AGAIN. HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH IT.

8 fucking 2 we lost to Man United, and Wenger still ain't fucking gone out and signed another top-notch centre back and a quality striker.

FUCK OFF WENGER.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

u mad?

seriously though, cutting through your ranting...

I aint happy, but at least we'll be watchable. Our squad is deeper, but clearly 1st 11 is lacking, with Nasri and Cesc gone.

We'll have to pick up Cahill in Jan, and wait till summer to sort the mess out properly. Wenger and Gazidis will pay for their mismangement.

At board level, the fans i think are also realising they have a hand in this. I want to see our long term future sorted, its either, Kroenke or Usmanov, right now, I want them Russian Oil Moneys and get us back to the top.

Highbury1965

Post by Highbury1965 »

Sagna
TV
Djourou
koscielny
Santos
Gibbs
Mersacter

Arteta
Wilshere
Song
Benyaoun
Oxale-Chanbalian
Walcott
Ramsey

RVP
Gervinho
Chu-Young

Excuse my spelling, im sorry but this is a pretty decent squad in my eyes.

We cannot afford at 35m-40m player due to the wage demands, this is the boards policy not Wenger. We needed quality players that were available and affordable and the additions in my eyes were decent.

Come on you Arsenal!!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Highbury1965

Post by Highbury1965 »

opps and I even forgot Arshavin!

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Highbury1965 wrote:opps and I even forgot Arshavin!
honestly, it doesn't matter :wink:

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Highbury1965 wrote:opps and I even forgot Arshavin!
and Frimpong.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Yes Im happy with the signings.

But not happy we didnt bring in cahill too, and yes we need another stiker.

But honestly its far far better than I expected.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Re: Are You happy with Transfer Dealings?

Post by LDB »

Babatunde wrote:I personally think it has been absolutely shambolic. I am disgusted and appalled at Arsenal this summer
I wouldnt go that far.

Im shocked and appalled that the club virtually sacrificed our first 3 fixtures without making any real attempt to bring players in and boost our clearly shot morale. We will never know if we would have signed these players had we not shipped 8 at old toilet but at the moment my only emotion is one of relief.

Mertesacker - as long as we change our defensive approach this will be an excellent signing.

Arteta - always rated him and despite a last couple of underwhelming years at Everton i have a gut feeling he will have something of a renaissance under us.

Park - never seen the lad play so will reserve judgment although i must say writing him off before he has kicked a ball is daft in the extreme.

Santos - Im getting quite excited by the thought of a full back with end product playing for arsenal. I know there are massive question marks defensively but i guess we have to wait and see. He's taken my lucky number 11 so he has my backing 8)

But ultimately ill reiterate what i said in the transfer thread, im just excited about seeing new players play for the arsenal. Sick of the same losers coming up short every year

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Mate. I see where you're coming from but sorry....look at it this way.
Nasri + Cesc = world class players. Yes it is going to be hard to replace them but I will ask again: why has Wenger yet again made by my calculations, a £25 million profit in the transfer market. £25 million. Is that really acceptable? It's the sixth successive summer he has used the transfer market to MAKE money. The worst part is that Wenger has spent £50 million in this transfer window, and I honestly cannot name a single top-class player he has signed that I look forward to watching. Only good un in there is Arteta for me (as we might have someone who could actually score from a free-kick).

Wenger is a clown. Look at the striker situation. Imagine what happens once RVP gets crocked?? You are left with the non-striking Chamakh or....Choo Young. In case you forgot, he was relegated with Monaco and was going to be a sub for Lille.

And I knew that as usual, many ppl would just assume we'd go in for Gary Cahill in Jan. In Jan, Cahill will be free to sign a pre-contract with Man United, Citeh, Chelski, Milan or Inter if he wishes. Every big club will be after him so why the hell would he join Arse???

Just to put Wenger's absolutely shambolic policy into perspective:

ARSENE WENGER HAS SPENT (not net) MORE MONEY THAN ALEX FERGUSON THIS SUMMER.

What Fergie got:

Ash Young (most exciting winger in England), Phil Jones (top promising English centre-back) and David DeGea (who has started shaky but remains one of the top goalkeeping prospects in Europe).

Now compare that to Wenger and then pls answer me this: would you trust Wenger to ever spend a penny of Arsenal's money ever again?

Palestinian Gooner

Post by Palestinian Gooner »

Baba..

Stop being so negative man. Judge after you have seen them play!

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Lets just wait and see.

What he has done all summer, I'm very angry about.
What he has done in the last few days, I'm happy about.
As Bren says, Cahill and as striker in January we could improve.

My problem is, we should be buying players every window, not just once on a whim.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

I agree with Babs. I think you've all been hoodwinked again.The Club knew that a last minute flurry of signings (when they looked unlikely) will restore faith. I think we have dumbed the squad down again. Up front we are absolutely a joke. And I mean a JOKE.
Last edited by frankbutcher on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

Calm down Marty :twisted:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Irish Gooner wrote: My problem is, we should be buying players every window, not just once on a whim.
Exactly, continuous improvement.

A top club has continuity with the core of its team but chops and changes around the edges to keep things fresh and moving in the right direction. The club should never again settle on a policy of just blindly refusing to move any player on and just sticking them all on stupid wages. One of the many failings of Wenger V. 4

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

I think some fans are so desperate that signing ANY players will do.
Perhaps I am still pretending that Arsenal is a big, ambitious club and perhaps I need to lower my expectation to Stoke-like levels and hope for the odd FA Cup final.
But then I remember what an Arsenal ticket costs and I rub my eyes in disbelief that any fee-paying Arsenal fan could truly be happy with that squad. That Arsenal squad is weaker than the Liverpool squad, and that is a fact. For a start there is absolutely no depth to the attack whatsoever, it's weak as piss.

LDB mate, I have seen Choo Young play dozens of times. He's shit. Full stop.
I'll ask again: if he was so decent, could you please explain why Lille signed him as back-up to Moussa Sow and Dimitri Payet?? Because he weren't signed as first choice for them and that is little Lille.

Arteta is a good signing imo. Mertesacker is an ok signing.

But it isn't good enough, and most of you seem to be overlooking that Wenger has yet again managed to use the transfer window to pocket in excess of £25 million.

It's one thing to claim he has no money, but the very minimum is that EVERY PENNY of sales should have been spent, and that should be even more the case after getting gang-banged EIGHT TWO at Old Trafford.

£25 mil profit made again. And yet, Arse fans will say nothing and just sigh with relief that our spasticated manager actually bothered to half do his job this summer. He's getting away with gross mismanagement again.

It should not be this easy for Arse fans to be please. Not after Sunday, nto after 6.5% and certainly not after six empty years.