Marseille, £64

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
crocit

Marseille, £64

Post by crocit »

what a utter joke, Barcelona Standard Liege and now these, ripping us off, what a joke

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

ridiculous. pain in the arse to get to as well

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

double post
Last edited by Irish Gooner on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Its a bit of a disgrace alright. Feel for anyone who planned/plans to go.

I thought there was some rule they cant charge more than the home fans. I seriously doubt they are charging the home fans even half that price.

The club should be doing something about this. The FSF might publicise it a bit, I think they done that after Barcelona.

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

Disgrace. I was still debating whether to go or not but that's done it for me. I still recommendMarseilles for those who are planning to make it though!
And as much as I'm looking forward to Dortmund I'm a bit pissed off with the prices considering how German football is supposed to be super cheap. Dortmund fans will pay less at our ground ffs!

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Only 2000 tickets as well.

Guess the whole cost will now put most people off

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Not quite at Barcelona levels but a rip off all the same. I bet some of their season tickets don't cost much more than they are charging us for this match.... Also feel for anyone who does fancy taking kids to a CL away game that there are NEVER any tickets available at a concessionary rate!

The ticket for this game will cost me more than either the flight or hotel..... :twisted: !

Ben Diesel

Post by Ben Diesel »

Well, instead of whingeing about it on here, write and complain to UEFA.

They'll soon put a stop to it.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Ben Diesel wrote:Well, instead of whingeing about it on here, write and complain to UEFA.

:coffeespit: !

treygoony

Post by treygoony »

Ben Diesel wrote:Well, instead of whingeing about it on here, write and complain to UEFA.

Are you high, mate?

crocit

Post by crocit »

no wonder why your not monaing then :)

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

At least a couple of people have already mentioned that the Stade Velodrome is under reconstruction ahead of Euro 2016 and has a reduced capacity.

Here is a link to a recent picture showing what it looks like at the moment. Is the away section the sectioned off bit on the left? Not sure if OM still have the lower tier to the right or whether that is currently being left empty:

http://www.om.net/en/Fans_zone/403001/P ... 1485/25356

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

Its a complete and utter joke I've just booked flights and hotel. so total cost for me is £300.00 including ticket. only hope its a great trip with the boys, and that we don't fuck up as we usually do in these sort of games. :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Got my flights for a fucking steal so it could be worse, but £64 is an absolute pisstake. It's not even as if Marseille are a top team or playing in a state of the art stadium.

There needs to be some kinda investigation into this shit, and not by UEFA! Where will it stop? £100 per ticket?! £150?!

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Dan_85 wrote: There needs to be some kinda investigation into this shit, and not by UEFA! Where will it stop? £100 per ticket?! £150?!
Uefa already charge more than that for their final tickets! If it they could get away with it they'd have the final at Wembley every year because they know 90,000 mugs would always pay those prices!

You can add Villarreal to the rip off sides as well. I remember looking at a Liverpool fans pictures of their trip to Marseille a few years ago, if it's still the same away section that's in use then the view is horrendous. Rip off.