How confident are we of winning the silverware

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Magic Merse
Location: Stanford-le-hope, home of the world famous Dougie from McFly

Post by Magic Merse »

It's an old but relevant cliche but anything can happen.

I thought beating the brum was a dead cert, but look what happend.

I didn't think Man U would lose to Spurs but look what happend.

We have the ability and the mental strength to win it but so many things are out of our control. What is most important is that the future is in our hands and we dont have to rely on other results. I think v persie could be a huge boost for us, and walcott has recently shown glimpsys of his raw ability, IF walcott continues to play well, IF Rosicky and V.Persie comes and play well, IF we dont have any more freak injurys IF Bendtner and Ade start passing to eachother, THEN we definatly have a very good chance.

We have proven that we can beat anyone, but we have also proven that we can slip up against anyone.

Pancho

Post by Pancho »

thats why you have taken over 50yrs and still havent cracked europe :wink:

as for players behaviuor...ermmm 72 red cards in 10yrs?

Adams in prison....merson in rehab ....etc..

augie

Post by augie »

southampton gooner wrote:New boss ???? fcuk off ! !
If some player go then fuck um I don't think many will want to go they all respect AW to much. I think if we dont win anything Gallas may go, don't know why but think he wants to win and if he don't with us he may go Italy or spain.
As for do I think we will win anything? I go in to every game thinking we are going to loose and never think we will win a trophy, that way I dont feel so let down when we dont. So I don't think we will win anything but I'm not a gooner cos I we win. I'm a gooner till I die even if we never win another trophy. But I would so love to win 1 this year please, please I promise god I wil eat all my greens and wont look at the milf over the road ever again.
You are kidding me right :?: :?: After the stick you gave me the other night about being negative and it turns out that you are "one of us" :wink: :lol: For what it is worth I agree that years of experience has taught for me to hope for the best but fear for the worst and I have to admit that I do not see us winning the league this season :cry: As I have stated many times this season the lack of strength in depth causes me great concern plus I am not convinced that we have enough leaders to pull the team together after recent events and drive us forward - hope I am wrong though

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

For all of the millions and millions that United have spent they've got to as many CL finals as Arsenal and we achieved it on a a shoe string budget. We got to the final, played football with 10 men and unluckily lost. United were slaughted by Bayern back in '99 and some how fluked a win.

Benitez has a better CL record than Fergie and that's in what. 5 years compared to United's 15 attempts. Mourinho did as much at Porto with peanuts. Villa, Forest and Liverpool achieved more than United who have marginally faired better than Arsenal and our admittedly poor showings over the years.

Let the misguided United fools believe their own fallacy of what a great European team they are.

Rob.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I am afraid I'm not very confident. The events at Brum and the way we were portrayed as the guilty party remind us all how much hatered we attract and may be the unintended inspiration for an unlikely victory.

But, candidly, I can see us being mugged at the San Siro and falling back to third in the League come May.

Problem is we are running out of players and ideas.

Those of us begging Wenger to strengthen the squad last August when he could have, are probably going to be proved right.

Will he get the message and act this coming summer ? Or will we sit back and watch everyone else make the changes whilst Wenger remains stuck in denial ?

I fear I know the answer to that one too. Although I'd be delighted to be shown up as wrong, come the end of this season and the start of next.

Drone

Post by Drone »

WHAT?????

WE GOING TO WIN THE TITLE, I DONT WANT TO THINK DIFERENT. :twisted:

IN MILAN WE R GOING TO WIN. :twisted:

WE CAN DO THIS BECAUSE WE R DA BEST MOTHAFUCKAZ ON DA PLANET.

GLORY TO ARSENAL
GLORY TO ARSENAL
GLORY TO ARSENAL
GLORY TO ARSENAL

George25888

Post by George25888 »

Im loving the confiedence mate keep it up for the gunners!!!!!!!!!