TEVEZ TO THE ARSE ?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
no. 1 is Perry Groves....

Post by no. 1 is Perry Groves.... »

1) man city would nver loan/sell him to us.

2) if they did we would not pay what they are after

3) we would not pay the wages he would require.

4) since joining city he's turned into a bit of a c#nt

I liked him at united, he seemed to work hard then, but refusing to warm up, sulking beacuse he's a sub etc etc sums up everything bad about the modern footballer.

Tevez needs very good mangement to get the best out of him, wenger i dont think does motivation. sadly much as i hate him i think fergie would be the only manager in the EPL that could get th best out of tevez.

a no from me.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

tevez is a *word censored*. fuck him.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:tevez is a *word censored*. fuck him.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Very good player. Massive headache. Too much baggage for me. I'd rather pay his exorbitant wages on a loan basis and see where that gets us for six months. City will need to do something with him in January and they are running out of clubs who will pay £30m+ and commit to 150k wages per week

Just make sure you check the paperwork when he signs !

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

easiest answer ever. YES. what happens when RVP gets injured...we rely on Park and Chamakh?

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

I posted this on another thread but I dont really see what anyone really expects from Tevez and his agent. His agent has been open about the way he does business with his players. I saw an interview with him after mascerano went to barcelona. He was very honest and talking about being behind schedule with masceranos career as his aims were: two years at a club MAX. He wanted his clients to stay for no longer then two years at any club. He stated that this way his players and hiscompany can reap the rewards of joining a new club, nice signing on fee for player and his company, higher wages meaning higher cut for his company and of course the agents fee his gets.

From what Mark Hughes did at fulham it would suggest he has the same kind of ideas for the managers on his books....BUT as with the Hughes affair things seem to be backfiring slightly with that strategy. They obviously thought that citeh would back down on their valuation meaning a move back to argentina, but they played hardball and the transfer fell through. In the same way I can guarentee they though Hughes would walk into the villa job, but villa also didnt want to play ball.

The fact is the stategy jorabshim spoke about has hit a brick wall due to the astronomical amounts of money his clients and tevez specifically already get.

The fact is you know what your going to get with Tevez: 2 years.

Id have him in a flash. He is one of the best players in the world and his workrate is amazing. He would do a job for us. And he'd be gone in two years, but hed improve the team massivley.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Good player but cannot see us paying his transfer fee and wages, and as many have pointed out, he is a troublemaker.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

He's a *word censored* ( and a Count! :wink: ) of the hughest order as a person/bloke/player - although hugely talented...however I would like to see AW sign him on a 6 month loan - so he could also 'Munch' vela, squillaci, bendy bollocks, flappy and diabytwat with his fangs - so we only have to pay him £30k a week coz he gets all the blood he wants and needs...and we get rid of the shyte and any chance of the out on loan shyte returning - a Win Win situation.

:D :high5: :barscarf:

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

I'd welcome him with open arms. If (when) RVP get's injured we will be desperate for anyone.

Last night showed there is a massive void when robin isn't playing.

Teves is class and only seemed to have trouble at city where there a bunch of c$$ts anyway.

Wont happen tho.

augie

Post by augie »

Shocking situation to be in but with the current lack of attacking quality in the squad we couldnt afford not to take him on loan if the chance was there :( I have to say though that I would not be best pleased if we committed a kings ransom towards any deal for tevez given how short he stay with us would be plus how many other possible transfers (mata anybody ?) we missed out on over money :oops: :x

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Why would we sign Tevez? He would kill Chamakh and Park.
Besides Tevez is not a quiet boy like Chamakh and has an opinion of his own. Not the type of player I want at Arsenal. Besides he has wages of £200k a week, at Arsenal we cannot afford that kind of money to be wasted, have to watch every penny.
So while Diaby can earn £1.8 million for not kicking a ball in over God knows how long, and whilst Chamakh can earn £65k a week for warming a bench, and whilst Almunia can command £60k a week to do bugger all, and errr....oh yeah whilst Bendtner can command £52k a week, and whilst Denilson can command £50k a week, Carlos Vela £50k a week and whilst Djourou can command £50k a week likewise, and whilst Flapianski can command £40k a week for doing sod all...errr how much is that? Oh right that's £370k a week wasted on absolutely abject dross...

WE CANNOT AFFORD TEVEZ' WAGES!!!!

Give me a Diaby/Chamakh/Denilson/Bendtner/Vela/Almunia combo (£310k a week) combo over a Tevez (£200k a week!).

Who do you think would contribute more to Arsenal?

In Wengernomics I Trust.

:barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Babatunde wrote:Why would we sign Tevez? He would kill Chamakh and Park.
Besides Tevez is not a quiet boy like Chamakh and has an opinion of his own. Not the type of player I want at Arsenal. Besides he has wages of £200k a week, at Arsenal we cannot afford that kind of money to be wasted, have to watch every penny.
So while Diaby can earn £1.8 million for not kicking a ball in over God knows how long, and whilst Chamakh can earn £65k a week for warming a bench, and whilst Almunia can command £60k a week to do bugger all, and errr....oh yeah whilst Bendtner can command £52k a week, and whilst Denilson can command £50k a week, Carlos Vela £50k a week and whilst Djourou can command £50k a week likewise, and whilst Flapianski can command £40k a week for doing sod all...errr how much is that? Oh right that's £370k a week wasted on absolutely abject dross...

WE CANNOT AFFORD TEVEZ' WAGES!!!!

Give me a Diaby/Chamakh/Denilson/Bendtner/Vela/Almunia combo (£310k a week) combo over a Tevez (£200k a week!).

Who do you think would contribute more to Arsenal?

In Wengernomics I Trust.

:barscarf:
At least we would have a happy dressing room without Tevez upsetting them with his 200k a week...

Pascal Cygan AFC Legend

Post by Pascal Cygan AFC Legend »

If he's fully committed to the cause then it's obvious that anyone would take Tevez in a heartbeat. But simply put I don't think he wants to be in England anymore, and he's acted like a right wanker over the last few months imo

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

Tevez is an excellent player with amazing workrate and he's a class above anything we have...but i don't see the point in taking him on loan...

Firstly...there is no chance we would ever sign him so it would be a very temporary arrangement, is it really worth having him come in for a few months, giving us some hope and then us having to revert back to what we have after he departs...i don't think so...
I'd rather the chunk of money it would cost to take Tevez on loan went towards buying a decent striker that we could actually rely on to be a part of the team for the forseeable future...

Secondly...i wouldn't want us to give him an out to the predicament he has made for himself, i'd like to hope that no club would give him an out... Guys like tevez are forever causing problems and yet always come out smelling of roses.. This is a great opportunity for the Citeh owners to teach Tevez a lesson, make an example of him...Make him sit on the bench for the rest of his contract, they can afford to do that, they would do themselves and other clubs a big favour by doing so...Send out a message to all the other overpayed pampered brats that their tantrums and relentless wage and transfer manipulations are not acceptable...

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

The club would never sign Tevez as his look would scare the shit out of the family section and lower the attendance even further.